Photo

Question about Abrosia

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 xfatex

xfatex
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm fairly new here, and just downloaded this AB program.
So i was wondering, do i need to add in any list or whatsoever in it? Because i ran it without adding stuffs and such, and it didn't seem to buy anything after 2hours. ><
oh and, at 8sec wait time, will it be able to actually buy anything, or advanced settings are required?

Edited by xfatex, 12 April 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

It's spelled "abrosia"

#3 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

and it didn't seem to buy anything after 2hours. ><

• Group: Member
o.O

#4 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Other than that, there's usually less items to buy later at night unless you're clearing the shops since there are less people restocking. I notice a lot of shops filled with 22-24 items around this time of day.

#5 xfatex

xfatex
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

okay. thanks for the heads up.

#6 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

• Group: Member
o.O

HA. Must be using the metric system or something, never fully understood it.

#7 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi there, Im new too :) Theres not much settings we can tweak since we aren't advanced users. Besides that, try ABing in the afternoon!

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

It is generally strongly recommended that since you are not an Advanced Member that you create a list for the shop(s) you wish to AB from.

How to Make Lists Using Notepad++

I recommend you use a guide such as this one to help you quickly make a list. This should be fairly straightforward and you should start seeing some buys popping up.

#9 xfatex

xfatex
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

However I'm on a macbook pro though. :(

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

The idea remains the same. You will use Text Edit instead of Notepad. Clearly you won't be able to use Notepad++ however you should still be able to use a guide, such as How to Make AB Lists for Free, in order to help you make a custom list for use with Abrosia.

#11 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

However I'm on a macbook pro though. :(

Abrosia is perfectly compatible with Macs :o

Edited by Jaw2013, 12 April 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#12 xfatex

xfatex
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Abrosia is perfectly compatible with Macs :o

ehh i was talking about that notepad++ thing.
but then i read thru the guides, someone said that it will actually slow down the process since abrosia needs to spend time searching for items which aren't in that particular shop.

#13 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

ehh i was talking about that notepad++ thing.
but then i read thru the guides, someone said that it will actually slow down the process since abrosia needs to spend time searching for items which aren't in that particular shop.

It'll need to do that anyway, Abrosia just downloads database lists and scans through them. (I'd guess.)

#14 DanPh

DanPh
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

It is generally strongly recommended that since you are not an Advanced Member that you create a list for the shop(s) you wish to AB from.

How to Make Lists Using Notepad++

I recommend you use a guide such as this one to help you quickly make a list. This should be fairly straightforward and you should start seeing some buys popping up.

isnt ab'ing in one shop has more chances of being restock banned? and for newbie account the listis so short coz new about are only allowed up to r79..

#15 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

isnt ab'ing in one shop has more chances of being restock banned? and for newbie account the listis so short coz new about are only allowed up to r79..

Yes! But with the right settings (refresh rates and breaks) , you can always lower your chances. Being restock banned isn't all that bad. It usually lasts 1-48 hours. It forces you to take a break and focus on other aspects of life. :) Also, try purchasing a 3 month shell once you have enough nps. This enables you to buy items of higher rarities.

Edited by Progoo3, 14 April 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#16 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

In my personal experience I've had more success letting Abrosia doing it's own thing using the setting that uses codex lists :)

#17 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

The database has items in it you'd never think twice of putting in your list. This can be sometimes a good thing, and sometimes a bad thing.. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users