[Puzzle]Negg Journey

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#1 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image
Zaira is on a new mission to help Kari with the Negg Festival. She has discovered a journal with the details of some sort of uber-powerful Negg. You will be able to help her track down this Mysterious negg by visiting the Negg Faerie Assistant's Alcove.

Players who complete all Mysterious Negg challenges will be able to select a special bonus prize, in addition to the prizes awarded for completing each step.

Part A: Logic Puzzle
Spoiler

Part B: The Cave
Spoiler

Part C Negg Breaker
Click inside the Negg to obtain amulet
Posted Image

Equip amulet and fight neggbreaker in Battledome, the negg breaker removes all damage and inflict 3000? icons

Reward:
Posted Image

Ultimate Negg of Destruction

Edited by zandra, 21 April 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Just a small town negg, livin' in a lonely negg
She took the midnight negg goin' anywhere
Just a city negg, born and raised in south Negg
He took the midnight negg goin' anywhere

A negg in a smokey negg
A smell of negg and cheap negg
For a negg they can share the negg
It goes on and on and on and on

#3 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

O-kay. Stuff we know from the logic thing, based on a quick reread (and the info from viewing source/checking the dropdowns in the Solve Puzzle tab):

The members of the party are Selvin, Rutu, Hurok, Ricky, and Voughn.
The lands they went to are Brightvale, Lost Desert, Altador, Kiko Lake, and Shenkuu.
The neggs available are Clockwork, Glass, Cloud, [blank] and [blank].
The professions available are knight, wizard, [blank], [blank] and [blank].

We know the following, based on the text outright saying it:
Selvin didn't go to Lost Desert, he didn't go to Shenkuu (because Rutu did) and he didn't go to Brightvale (because he didn't go to Brightvale, he also couldn't have taken the glass negg).
Voughn took the Cloud Negg (because he didn't take the glass negg, he could not take the cloud negg to Brightvale).
Rutu went to Shenkuu (because he did not go to Brightvale, he did not take the glass negg).
The Glass Negg went to Brightvale.
Since the Glass negg went to Brightvale, neither the Clockwork nor Cloud Neggs went to Brightvale.
Whoever the knight is did NOT take the clockwork negg.

Things I'm not sure about:

The knight didn't go to Altador, based on the vague hint in entry 5 that somebody wanted to go stargazing, and it was obviously not referring to the knight at the same time. Running on the same assumption, Rutu isn't the knight.

My eyes hurt. Anybody else?

Edited by cuddlydemon, 13 April 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#4 meeeeow

meeeeow
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

reposting this from the other thread to this one i guess :p

Maybe this is a dumb hunch, but Selvin doesn't like scamanders, right? And apparently he's not going to Shenkuu either (idk someone told me this....)
That would leave two options for him - Altador and Kiko Lake.
I was just looking at the map, and Altador is connected to Lost Desert...would that possibly rule him out of LD as well, making it only possible for him to go to Kiko Lake?

idk..haha

#5 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

reposting this from the other thread to this one i guess :p

Maybe this is a dumb hunch, but Selvin doesn't like scamanders, right? And apparently he's not going to Shenkuu either (idk someone told me this....)
That would leave two options for him - Altador and Kiko Lake.
I was just looking at the map, and Altador is connected to Lost Desert...would that possibly rule him out of LD as well, making it only possible for him to go to Kiko Lake?

idk..haha

Go back and read the entries again. They specifically say he won't go to Lost Desert. He won't go to Brightvale either. Also, your last line makes no suggestion whatsoever that he can't be going to Altador. He's not going to Shenkuu because Rutu is. He remains with two options: Altador and Kiko Lake.

#6 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Love puzzles but is this suppose to be solvable with the missing info?

#7 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Love puzzles but is this suppose to be solvable with the missing info?

I don't think it can be solved yet unless you get blindly lucky. The only definite answers possible at this point are that it isn't Brightvale, Voughn didn't take it, and that if it is Shenkuu, Rutu took it there.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 13 April 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#8 meeeeow

meeeeow
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

http://www.neopets.c...50845458&next=1

#9 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'd log in if I could, but their password system is sluggish and I haven't logged in about a year now.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

*You can change your guess anytime between now and the end of the day on 4/17 NST, but remember, the earlier you submit a guess, the better your reward! The correct answer will be revealed on 4/18.

#11 meeeeow

meeeeow
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Haha well I'll just quote the most important part, then...according to one of the posters, she said these are the possibilities:

Havent decided, but these are the possible choicesThese are the possible choices:

Shenkuu - Rutu
Altador - Selvin
Altador - Ricky
Altador - Hurok
Kiko Lake - Selvin
Kiko Lake - Ricky
Kiko Lake - Hurok
Lost Desert - Ricky

Lost Desert - Hurok

Edited by meeeeow, 13 April 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#12 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Haha well I'll just quote the most important part, then...according to one of the posters, she said these are the possibilities:

We've sort of mentioned that in various ways already. The problem at the moment is that there's no reliable way to determine which one is definitely right. Also, your post doesn't offer any explanations as to where some of those assumptions are coming from.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 13 April 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#13 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I think it will be either Rutu or selvin.

Rutu isnt the knight and is going shenkuu

Selvin is the wizard and isnt going brightvale or LD

vough is taking the cloud negg

hurok/ricky whoever is the knight isnt taking the clockwork

Hurok/Ricky whoever is going to brightvale is taking the glass negg.

#14 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

My placeholder guess is Rutu to Shenkuu, ONLY because it's the only definite pair of who and where so far and I wanted to have at least a guess in place already. We'll see if they release anymore entries.

#15 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

My placeholder guess is Rutu to Shenkuu, ONLY because it's the only definite pair of who and where so far and I wanted to have at least a guess in place already. We'll see if they release anymore entries.

the prizes would not be as awesome as you guessing today

#16 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

the prizes would not be as awesome as you guessing today

... "The earlier you guess, the better your reward." The idea is to figure it out quickly.

#17 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

is it just me, or are people overthinking things a bit too much? Read what the popup says when you go to enter your choices:

Based on your current selections, you believe that you're looking for ????? who delivered the Clockwork Negg to ?????. Are you certain this is the guess you want to submit?

So in essence, we're not looking to choose who took any of the other neggs where etc, we're looking to choose who we think took the CLOCKWORK negg to which destination.

#18 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

is it just me, or are people overthinking things a bit too much? Read what the popup says when you go to enter your choices:

Based on your current selections, you believe that you're looking for ????? who delivered the Clockwork Negg to ?????. Are you certain this is the guess you want to submit?

So in essence, we're not looking to choose who took any of the other neggs where etc, we're looking to choose who we think took the CLOCKWORK negg to which destination.

Yes, and the problem with that is we don't know who took which one anywhere. It's a process of elimination.

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yes, and the problem with that is we don't know who took which one anywhere. It's a process of elimination.

Indeed it is. Although, if you want a chance at a better prize, I would just take a guess out of the remaining characters and lands. Personally I think I will go with Hurok (or Ricky, as i'm yet to decide) to Altador. Kiko Lake seems to be the choice destination of Selvin so far. Shenkuu seems to be the choice of Rutu. Obviously as the days continue, your chances at a good prize diminish but the chances at getting the guess right increase.

#20 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Indeed it is. Although, if you want a chance at a better prize, I would just take a guess out of the remaining characters and lands. Personally I think I will go with Hurok (or Ricky, as i'm yet to decide) to Altador. Kiko Lake seems to be the choice destination of Selvin so far. Shenkuu seems to be the choice of Rutu. Obviously as the days continue your chances at a good prize diminish but the chances at getting the guess right increase.

I don't see a reason not to guess early on, since you can change it anytime before the due date's up. Also how do you arrive at Kiko Lake for Selvin? Altador is still wide open as a possibility as far as I can tell.

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I don't see a reason not to guess early on, since you can change it anytime before the due date's up. Also how do you arrive at Kiko Lake for Selvin? Altador is still wide open as a possibility as far as I can tell.

You're right. Altador IS a possibility, from reading through the clues so far, it seems Selvin (the wizard) isn't going to venture to either the Lost Desert OR Brightvale (so that rules them out). With Rutu wanting to venture to Shenkuu, this rules that destination out for Selvin too. So this leaves only Kiko Lake OR Altador. In the clues it just suggests 'another' and doesn't mention names (so in essence, this is where my guess comes in :p )

#22 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

You're right. Altador IS a possibility, from reading through the clues so far, it seems Selvin (the wizard) isn't going to venture to either the Lost Desert OR Brightvale (so that rules them out). With Rutu wanting to venture to Shenkuu, this rules that destination out for Selvin too. So this leaves only Kiko Lake OR Altador. In the clues it just suggests 'another' and doesn't mention names (so in essence, this is where my guess comes in :p )

Yeah... this is why my first post in the thread has every conclusion I've personally come to, as well as an explanation if it's something that wasn't explicitly said in the text. :D

#23 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

I ruled out Selvin taking the Clockwork Negg early on. Entry 2 says:

One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.
For instance, the wizard of the team...

I read that as the Wizard being one of the decoys.

Edited by iomega, 13 April 2012 - 01:13 AM.

#24 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

I ruled out Selvin taking the Clockwork Negg early on. Entry 2 says:

One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.
For instance, the wizard of the team...

I read that as the Wizard being one of the decoys.

What it says is that everybody except the one carrying the clockwork negg is a decoy.

#25 doeknuts

doeknuts
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

What it says is that everybody except the one carrying the clockwork negg is a decoy.

"For instance" normally means "For example" btw.

Although I don't quite get it; if Selvin the wizard wasn't carrying the clockwork negg, then why mention him so many times? :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users