[Puzzle]Negg Journey

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#51 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Here are the names for you lazy people:
Selvin is the Ixi (what Selvin isn't a girl's name....... Unless it's a trap o.o)
Hurok is the Acara
Voughn is the Kau
Ricky is the Kiko
Rutu is the Poogle

thanks captain obvious for posting what I already posted earlier when the images were still not present (yes, I did get the name <-> species mapping from the source)
did you even bother reading the thread?

#52 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

I just read the entry about Rutu all other available languages.
In French, German and Chinese Rutu is a girl.

...that she always wanted...

... one of her biggest dreams

She says,...

She says,...

wth?

#53 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

I just read the entry about Rutu all other available languages.
In French, German and Chinese Rutu is a girl.

...that she always wanted...

... one of her biggest dreams

She says,...

She says,...

Oh

oh my god but the Kiko is definitely a guy :( :( :(
Maybe he got a gender change from the lab ray....? x3

thanks captain obvious for posting what I already posted earlier when the images were still not present (yes, I did get the name <-> species mapping from the source)

Well geez no need to get all upset over it? :V Sorry if I didn't notice but really, there's no reason for you to be in that mood x3

Edited by Turnip, 13 April 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#54 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Take a chill pill, no need to get mad over something like that. She was trying to help and her post didn't hurt anyone. :ninja:

Edited by Junjun, 13 April 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#55 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Mmmyes anyways~ What did you all pick? :3 I chose Selvin/Kiko Lake! Mostly because I thought that

Spoiler

Can't wait to see this get thrown out the window tomorrow probably! :D

#56 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

I think I'm going to go in with blind guesses on the first account. On my others I'll be more logical :p

#57 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think I'm going to go in with blind guesses on the first account. On my others I'll be more logical :p

Thats what ive done :) ive tried numerous different combinations on multiple accounts. Surely one will be right... RIGHT?

#58 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I stuck with Rutu in Shenkuu, just because it's the only Who/where pairing I reached by logic and not making any assumptions outside what the text tells me (I think Selvin not being able to get to Altador is a little bit of a stretch. It's not like there aren't multiple routes) so far.

If I find info that disproves that completely in the process, I'll change it. Till then, mine stays the same.

Edit:

We have a new entry today!

Entry 9

A decision was made today as to who would be transporting the Clockwork Negg. In the end, Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing." Let's just say that, if not liking the looks of someone were grounds for exclusion, then our pal Hurok would've probably been gone long ago. The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep (I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night). Speaking of sleeping, it's been a long day, and tomorrow is looking like it could be even longer, so I'd best try to get some shut eye.

What this tells us right off the bat? Hurok didn't take it, and the explorer didn't take it--also that Hurok is not the explorer. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything else to derive here.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 13 April 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#59 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep (I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night).

I guessed Ricky to Lost Desert following DoNotAnnoyMe's logic. But I'm not sure if Ricky is implied to be a light sleeper and thus would not take the clockwork negg from this sentence.

#60 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

I guessed Ricky to Lost Desert following DoNotAnnoyMe's logic. But I'm not sure if Ricky is implied to be a light sleeper and thus would not take the clockwork negg from this sentence.

The only reason I don't like narrowing it down that far is because I don't think it's impossible to get from Faerieland to Altador without crossing the desert--they DO have airships in neopia, after all--so I'm not willing to say Selvin went to Kiko Lake, and the whole thing breaks down.

#61 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hurok is out for sure. Selvin is still in the running as he is not the explorer.

i do have a feeling that ricky might be the knight. all that is left is rutu or ricky that could be the explorer or knight.

i will got for the safest bet for now, selvin still

i still dont agree with the logic. it assumes the writer doesnt refer to itself in 3rd person, and the map of neopia location. it is same as the guy on neoboards saying that all that were describe in the journals are the decoy neggs. whoever isnt mention is it.

Edited by zandra, 14 April 2012 - 01:13 AM.

#62 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

i will got for the safest bet for now, selvin still

i still dont agree with the logic. it assumes the writer doesnt refer to itself in 3rd person, and the map of neopia location. it is same as the guy on neoboards saying that all that were describe in the journals are the decoy neggs. whoever isnt mention is it.

And... with that I suddenly think that Ricky might be the one carrying the glass negg to brightvale. "Anyhow, the traveller (with no mention of the group's) responsible for delivering the glass Negg was more than happy to go there. Speaking of the glass Negg's transport, it certainly seems like that would be a lot of pressure to live with—after all, one misstep or accidental drop, and smash! There goes your precious cargo. On a lighter note, luckily for our volunteer, they've had unseasonably good weather along the route to Brightvale lately; here's hoping that it continues 'til the journey's conclusion."

So... selvin does seem the most convincing character..

#63 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

well, imo the "the writer won't refer to himself in 3rd person" seems justified checking entry 9 (he's referring to himself as "me"/"I")
not justified is the assumption "the writer has the clockwork negg" - obviously it was decided later and hence wasn't already decided in advance, which leaves 3 options now:

ricky in lost desert
rutu in shenkuu (if he's not the explorer - it's either im or voughn)
selvin in kiko lake

as alternative reasoning for why selvin goes to kiko lake (more reasonable):
he was still not decided after entry 8 which already had shenkuu, altador and brightvale taken and didn't want to go to lost desert leaving only kiko lake

so I'm still confident my place<->person mappings are fine, however there are 3 options which person has the clockwork negg of which I'd say ricky and selvin are the more likely options ;)

PS: my personal guess is that Voughn is the explorer (hence yielding no additional info at all *rolleyes*)

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 14 April 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#64 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

I'm coming out of left field over here with this theory.
Has anyone considered that entry number 5, the one that mentions shenkuu also mentions the clockwork negg therefore could be insinuating that the clockwork negg is going to shenkuu?

Also everyones jumping to the conclusion that the star gazing means Altador, but the constellations are in Shenkuu. So it could be undecided between which two people are going to shenkuu, the entry never specifically stated that Rutu would be going, just that he really wanted to go.

The only reason why I come up with this is after reading it, the entry tallks about shenkuu and right in the middle of it they say the whole part about the knight not wanting to be the one to transport the clockwork negg.
Clockwork negg in shenkuu?
IDK
I may be reading to much into it.

ANYWAY all that nonsense aside,
I'm starting to lean more towards Selvin or Rutu, in Altador or Shenkuu

I assume Ricky is the author, and from the way the glass negg was spoken, all that rambling about dropping it and such, I want assume he's the one taking it.

Edited by Zinkk, 14 April 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#65 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

Also everyones jumping to the conclusion that the star gazing means Altador, but the constellations are in Shenkuu. So it could be undecided between which two people are going to shenkuu, the entry never specifically stated that Rutu would be going, just that he really wanted to go.

I may be reading to much into it.

I think star gazing means Altador because of the Altador plot. Shenkuu means moon gazing more likely.. That's what I personally think.

Edited by Junjun, 14 April 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#66 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

I think star gazing means Altador because of the Altador plot. Shenkuu is means moon gazing more likely.. That's what I personally think.

Okay if I make myself accept that reasoning (which I want to I just tend to read into things way to much) then Rutu goes to Shenkuu as everyone says.

I also think Rutu is the explorer because of his "long time dream" of going to Shenkuu. He's an explorer and dreams of visiting far away lands?
This would mean that as of now I have

Rutu being the explorer, so no clockwork negg in shenkuu
Vough with the cloud negg
Ricky with the Glass negg in Brightvale
Hurok without the clockwork negg.

That leaves Selvin with the Clockwork negg.
We know Selvin won't go to Lost Desert or Brightvale, and with Rutu in Shenkuu that leaves either Altador or Kiko lake.
Considering that the Altador Cup starts soon after this.. Selvin in Altador?

#67 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

Okay if I make myself accept that reasoning (which I want to I just tend to read into things way to much) then Rutu goes to Shenkuu as everyone says.

I also think Rutu is the explorer because of his "long time dream" of going to Shenkuu. He's an explorer and dreams of visiting far away lands?

Rutu being the explorer, so no clockwork negg in shenkuu
Vough with the cloud negg
Ricky with the Glass negg in Brightvale
Hurok without the clockwork negg.

That leaves Selvin with the Clockwork negg.
We know Selvin won't go to Lost Desert or Brightvale, and with Rutu in Shenkuu that leaves either Altador or Kiko lake.
Considering that the Altador Cup starts soon after this.. Selvin in Altador?

Yeah, it's either Selvin in Altador or Kiko Lake probably. Sure, there's Rutu/Shenkuu as well but.... idk, something inside tells me that isn't going to be it! Maybe it's the bit after them talking about Shenkuu where it's mentioned that the knight isn't going to bother with the Clockwork Negg. I know the two might not be connected at all but! you never know!

Also, all this talk about 'X will certainly go to Y because it needs a make over!' but honestly, all of the maps which are in this little plot are pretty old :p

Edited by Turnip, 14 April 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#68 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Going to Shenkuu may be Rutu's long time dream but, it also means Rutu will have to go there for this quest? I don't think so. I guess it is just to make us confused.

#69 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Going to Shenkuu may be Rutu's long time dream but, it also means Rutu will have to go there for this quest? I don't think so. I guess it is just to make us confused.

TNT may be fuckers but I don't think they'd make it THAT much harder by making a statement that critical to figuring it out into nothing but flavor text. Most logic puzzles don't always outright say "Steve went here" every time anyway. It's something like "Steve wanted to go here" or "Steve asked to go here."

Like I said earlier, unless something new pops up to directly contradict "Rutu went to Shenkuu," then Rutu went to Shenkuu.

Also, Shenkuu might have the constellatons but Altador's entire plot revolved around stargazing, and Altador's the only land that has an observatory.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 14 April 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#70 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure this is just a guessing game.

#71 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

It is, until all the info's out. Incomplete logic puzzles suck. >:|

#72 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Probably we will keep guessing for another 2-3 days, that is what makes it more enjoyable. Otherwise everyone would get the same prize and that would make this event useless like some others. I enjoy this puzzle as much as I do a mini-plot.

#73 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Probably we will keep guessing for another 2-3 days, that is what makes it more enjoyable. Otherwise everyone would get the same prize and that would make this event useless like some others. I enjoy this puzzle as much as I do a mini-plot.

I just hope the prize is worth it.

What if....... the prize was the clockwork negg? Lol :p

Spoiler

Edit: Thanks Junjun! You too! ^_^

Edited by Fireworks, 14 April 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#74 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

I just hope the prize is worth it.

What if....... the prize was the clockwork negg? Lol :p

Spoiler

Actually I don't care about the prize that much. I just care about the avatar and the sidebar. I hope they will be given out this year as well.

Btw. congratulations on making it to Advanced Member (:

#75 Seenie

Seenie
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Wow I hate puzzles lol. I just got on and seen this and I really thought it was ricky going to the lost desert, but after you guys saying selvin to alt or kiko I think that makes more sense! *by the way* hello guys I aint been here in a VERY long time lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users