Photo

[Puzzle]Negg Journey

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#76 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Someone on the Festival of Neggs board stated an interesting opinion that officially has my mind boggled.
I didn't look into it this much but apparently this statement:One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.

For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted
Could insinuate that Selvin does NOT have the clockwork negg.

If that's the case, then it can only be
Rutu in Shenkuu
Ricky in Kiko Lake
Ricky in Lost Desert

I think I'm overtired now but I don't know, someone clear this up for me?Posted Image

#77 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

The answers are pointing at selvin now.

vough isnt the explorer being eliminated already.

Horuk and selvin, which got elminated in entry 9 and 1.

this leaves Rutu and ricky, one would be carrying the glass negg to brightvale. while the other would be the explorer

Since Rutu is going to shenkuu, that would make him the explorer

while ricky carrying the glass negg to brightvale

Updated the table, unless i missed out something

#78 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Just out of curiosity what makes you put Selvin in Kiko Lake over Altador?

#79 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I could have sworn that most of the Festival of Neggs board on NP had outruled Selvin. But NP isn't necessarily known for its intelligence :p

#80 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I could have sworn that most of the Festival of Neggs board on NP had outruled Selvin. But NP isn't necessarily known for its intelligence :p

they felt that entry 2 was an example of decoy negg.

#81 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yeah I pretty much posted their theory on the top of this page.
I don't agree with it it makes no sense to me, I feel it's a HUGE assumption.

#82 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

they felt that entry 2 was an example of decoy negg.

Ahh. Like trying to lead us down the wrong path?

Yeah I pretty much posted their theory on the top of this page.
I don't agree with it it makes no sense to me, I feel it's a HUGE assumption.

Ohh wow I feel like a dick for not reading the first post of this topic. Sorry! :< I'm normally better about this

#83 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ahh. Like trying to lead us down the wrong path?

Ohh wow I feel like a dick for not reading the first post of this topic. Sorry! :< I'm normally better about this

No worries I wasn't calling you out on it Posted Image
Just rehashed it out there so people could better disprove it.
I feel I must completely stop reading the neoboard theories..most of them make me want to rage for some reason Posted Image

#84 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

No worries I wasn't calling you out on it Posted Image
Just rehashed it out there so people could better disprove it.
I feel I must completely stop reading the neoboard theories..most of them make me want to rage for some reason Posted Image

Aww you're sweet :) And pretty! (Not trying to hit on you btw, I'm gay haha) I honestly haven't paid that much attention to this part of the Festival of Neggs so I really have no idea how people are deriving their predictions on this.... haha xP

#85 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Aww you're sweet :) And pretty! (Not trying to hit on you btw, I'm gay haha) I honestly haven't paid that much attention to this part of the Festival of Neggs so I really have no idea how people are deriving their predictions on this.... haha xP

Thank you! Posted Image

Everyone's going on assumptions at this point, the only solid facts we have are:
Selvin is the Wizard
Selvin will not go to Lost Desert or Brightvale
Voughn has the Cloud Negg
Glass Negg went to Brightvale
The Knight does not have the Clockwork Negg
Hurok does not have the Clockwork Negg
The explorer does not have the Clockwork Negg

I think that's all of them..
A very popular assumption but not a solid fact is that Rutu is in Shenkuu

I'm very tired so I may have missed some stuff.

#86 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I've seen Rutu and Shenkuu a lot too! I had also seen Ricky and Lost Desert a few days ago and that seems to be a popular guess. What are your opinions on that?

#87 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I've seen Rutu and Shenkuu a lot too! I had also seen Ricky and Lost Desert a few days ago and that seems to be a popular guess. What are your opinions on that?

Okay here's my whole theory Posted Image

Selvin has the Clockwork Negg in Altador
I'm leaning towards Altador based on the stupid assumption I'm making based on the image on the mysterious negg page. It looks like Selvin is holding a telescope, that being the case he would be going to Altador to stargaze. That is a very big assumption though.

Rutu is the explorer, in Shenkuu with an unknown negg
Rutu is the explorer based solely on the assumption of his dream of visiting exotic lands.
Voughn has the Cloud Negg in either kiko lake or lost desert.
Hurok is the Knight and went to either kiko lake or lost desert.
I have Hurok pegged as the knight because entry 2 states that the knight was the only member to have an issue with taking the clockwork negg. Entry 9 then states Hurok has an issue with the clockwork negg. I'm assuming that means Hurok has to be the knight because of entry 2.
Ricky has the Glass Negg and is in Brightvale
It's the only option left.

#88 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Selvin is the wizard who isnt going LD, Brightvale

Vough is taking the cloud negg, and isnt the knight as the knight was selected for clockwork in entry 5.

Rutu is going shenkuu and isnt the knight as the knight was going brightvale at first.

The knight doesnt want the clockwork and isnt going brightvale

Glass Negg being taken by Ricky(It cant be selvin, vough,rutu or the knight) to brightvale

Hurok doesnt want the clockwork negg. and isnt going brightvale as he wont be making excuses twice in day 8 and day 9

Vough isnt the explorer as he is taking the cloud negg already, and shouldnt be considered.

Ricky is already ruled out to be the explorer since he is taking the glass negg already and also shouldnt be considered.

Rutu is the explorer

I kindda forgot why horuk is going altador though.

Anyways i am pretty sure the answer would be kikolake. Scamanders are afraid of water, and i doubt scamanders are accidentally mentioned

#89 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

I am so confused. O_o

#90 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

okay i remembered.

This could be a red herring but well.
In entry 5, some1 mentioned that it is the perfect time to go stargazing, so it is assume that that "some1" chose to go altador already. That some1 can't be selvin as selvin wont have to argue against going to brightvale in entry 8

#91 Harleenz

Harleenz
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

In entry 5 the knight doesn't want the clockwork negg and noone else has a problem with moving the clockwork negg.

On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question. Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue.

But then in entry 9 the explorer also has a problem with transporting the clockwork negg. Kinda contradictory :/

#92 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Vough is taking the cloud negg, and isnt the knight as the knight was selected for clockwork in entry 5.

What? The knight was never selected for the clockwork. He explicitly stated that being the one to take it was out of the question, meaning he absolutely refused to do it.

In entry 5 the knight doesn't want the clockwork negg and noone else has a problem with moving the clockwork negg.

But then in entry 9 the explorer also has a problem with transporting the clockwork negg. Kinda contradictory :/

Well, keep in mind that if you're writing a journal entry by entry, you're writing it as events unfold. Nobody had an issue at the time of that entry, and then the explorer didn't want to at the time of that entry.

#93 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

What? The knight was never selected for the clockwork. He explicitly stated that being the one to take it was out of the question, meaning he absolutely refused to do it.

Does it matter? why would vough again state that he doesnt want the clockwork if he is already carrying the cloud negg,

whether he was selected or just object from being chosen, it doesnt change a thing does it?

#94 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Does it matter? why would vough again state that he doesnt want the clockwork if he is already carrying the cloud negg,

whether he was selected or just object from being chosen, it doesnt change a thing does it?

This is a puzzle where all of our information comes entirely from reading carefully what they say. It sort of makes a difference whether someone strenuously objects to doing something or not. If you're flawed in any part of the logic, it means you need to re-examine your entire puzzle again to be certain you didn't run on bad assumptions. Honestly I think there are WAY too many liberties being taken with a lot of these guesses, given how little info we actually have.

#95 OriginalFake

OriginalFake
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Idk i've been looking at the clues and just been confused, this puzzle seems to be all based on luck on who can guess it earlier which kinda sucks since only the lucky people can get better prizes. At the same time, I guess it's good since it makes the prizes more valuable..

#96 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Idk i've been looking at the clues and just been confused, this puzzle seems to be all based on luck on who can guess it earlier which kinda sucks since only the lucky people can get better prizes. At the same time, I guess it's good since it makes the prizes more valuable..

It's half luck, half logic until they actually release enough information to solve it properly. Right now they've managed to make it so we know for certain that the answer is NOT Brightvale; is NOT Voughn; can't be Selvin if it goes to Lost Desert; and that if it turns out to be Rutu, it went to Shenkuu. After that, it's up to either guesswork or making some fairly wild (in my opinion) leaps to try and connect everything together.

You can't finish the puzzle based entirely on logic yet, so if you get it right on the first day, you did it by blind screaming luck.

#97 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Someone on the Festival of Neggs board stated an interesting opinion that officially has my mind boggled.
I didn't look into it this much but apparently this statement:One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.

For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted
Could insinuate that Selvin does NOT have the clockwork negg.

If that's the case, then it can only be
Rutu in Shenkuu
Ricky in Kiko Lake
Ricky in Lost Desert

I think I'm overtired now but I don't know, someone clear this up for me?Posted Image

*cough* I said the same thing 2days ago *cough* :p

But in the long run it didn't matter as they decided who went to Altador in entry 5 and in entry 8 it implied that Selvin was still trying to pick a place so he had to have gone to Kiko Lake.

#98 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

There was a bit ofconfusion this afternoon, which led to an awkward situation that, thankfully,was comically resolved. It all began when someone called out, "Rutu!"in an attempt to get the blacksmith's attention. When the blacksmith didn't respond,the team member who called out the name angrily walked over and asked if therewas a reason why they'd been ignored. Chuckling, the blacksmith said,"Because my name's not Rutu," at which point everyone else laughedheartily.

It turns out thereason the team member was calling for the blacksmith was to request thedelivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, doI?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend toget seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Neggwould not need to be taken to Altador. Upon learning this news the blacksmithresponded by shouting "Yeah!" and giving an enthusiastic fist-pump...which smacked directly into an overhead branch, resulting in what's likely tobe a few days' delay as we wait for the blacksmith's hand to heal. Brilliant...

Slightly confusing. so is the blacksmith Rutu?

#99 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Slightly confusing. so is the blacksmith Rutu?

Chuckling, the blacksmith said,"Because my name's not Rutu"

#100 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

my assumption is that the blacksmith isnt Rutu, and isnt going altador.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users