[Puzzle]Negg Journey

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#101 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

*sigh* This new entry is making me think it was Selvin that took the Clockwork Negg.

We know that the Knight didn't take it (entry 2), and neither did Hurok or the Explorer (entry 8) or the Blacksmith (entry 12).

That leaves the Writer (Ricky) or the Wizard (Selvin).

Edited by iomega, 15 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#102 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I changed my answer to Selvin - Kiko Lake. Hopefully I won't regret for my change.

#103 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

I still have nothing to say Rutu didn't take it. Stickin' with Rutu. If the next entry provides just one more fact, I THINK it'll be solvable.

#104 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I still have nothing to say Rutu didn't take it. Stickin' with Rutu. If the next entry provides just one more fact, I THINK it'll be solvable.

I was ok with my guess Ricky - Lost Desert. After reading all those Selvin - Kiko Lake topics on neo boards, I couldn't resist anymore. <_<

#105 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

yeah rutu is still in the running i guess.

There is a knight, a explorer, a blacksmith. and we know all 3 of them isnt carrying the cw negg.

this leaves the wizard and mystery profession 5

#106 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I was ok with my guess Ricky - Lost Desert. After reading all those Selvin - Kiko Lake topics on neo boards, I couldn't resist anymore. <_<

I'm basing Rutu just on the fact I haven't disproven him yet, so it's not all THAT much more reasonable than anything else right now. :D

It's just that nobody who's said Selvin and Kiko has been able to explain how they got that to my satisfaction--mostly it revolves around the argument he could only get to altador by crossing the desert, which assumes a specific starting point and also that there's only one way to get there, and the latter at least isn't true (there's always by sea or air).

Edited by cuddlydemon, 15 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#107 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

It's just that nobody who's said Selvin and Kiko has been able to explain how they got that to my satisfaction--mostly it revolves around the argument he could only get to altador by crossing the desert, which assumes a specific starting point and also that there's only one way to get there, and the latter at least isn't true (there's always by sea or air).

That is not the argument i gave =/ mine was more on the basis someone requesting to go stargazing at entry 5 already. It is arguable but i am just assuming that the request is already accepted so there should not be a conflict with the selvin not wanting to go brightvale. hence eliminating both altador, brightvale,shenkuu and lost desert.

as i said, it can be argued that its just a request and not approved. or the stargazing could be recommending rutu to go shenkuu. i would say it is still open for now.

p.s i find the theory of crossing LD ridiculous too.

#108 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

p.s i find the theory of crossing LD ridiculous too.

It's not a strong theory but, we mustn't underestimate TNT's weirdness level. Anything can be the answer, it is all up to TNT. Also they can control the answer with the upcoming entries. They can just say "Look all those Selvin - Kiko Lake boards, let's leave people like they think until the last day, more people changing their answers to Selvin - Kiko Lake, then make a stupid entry for the last day and eleminate that possibility, ending up just a few people gets the top prize"

#109 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

So much shit that I don't wanna read. -.-

#110 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

See I'm leaning more towards Selvin - Altador now.

It turns out the reason the team member was calling for the blacksmith was to request the delivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, do I?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend to get seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Negg would not need to be taken to Altador.

According to that, whoever is going to Altador has NOT been decided yet therefore Selvin in theory could still be taking it.

The Sand Negg is not going to Altador, Shenkuu (because Rutu is not the blacksmith) or Brightvale (glass negg goes there)

Vougn isnt taking it (cloud negg) therefore voughn is not the blacksmith.

With Rutu being the Explorer, Hurok being the Knight and Selvin being the Wizard, Ricky must be the Blacksmith.

That would mean it's actually Hurok whose transporting the glass negg to Brightvale.

As everyone's said, all this new entry really does for us is Confirm it is definitely Selvin with the Clockwork Negg.

I still don't think we can officially rule out which land he's going to though..

#111 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

frigging Ricky, I chose Selvin - Kiko Lake, changed frmo Ricky-Lost Desert

#112 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

It turns out the reason the team member was calling for the blacksmith was to request the delivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, do I?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend to get seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Negg would not need to be taken to Altador.

According to that, whoever is going to Altador has NOT been decided yet therefore Selvin in theory could still be taking it.

The Sand Negg is not going to Altador, Shenkuu (because Rutu is not the blacksmith) or Brightvale (glass negg goes there)

With Rutu being the Explorer, Hurok being the Knight and Selvin being the Wizard, Ricky must be the Blacksmith.

That would mean it's actually Hurok whose transporting the glass negg to Brightvale.

As everyone's said, all this new entry really does for us is Confirm it is definitely Selvin with the Clockwork Negg.

I still don't think we can officially rule out which land he's going to though..

Of everyone in here, you make the most sense. Keep it up.

#113 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

I've been thinking.. if Ricky is the blacksmith, and he injured his hand, can he still write the journal entries?

#114 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I've been thinking.. if Ricky is the blacksmith, and he injured his hand, can he still write the journal entries?

I don't think whether or not Ricky is the writer is important anymore.

#115 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

I went with Selvin and Kiko Lake. I actually do not think I have ever actually been in one of the puzzle plots before, aside from the Mystery Island plot in 2004(?), so I am looking forward to it.

#116 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I went with Selvin and Kiko Lake. I actually do not think I have ever actually been in one of the puzzle plots before, aside from the Mystery Island plot in 2004(?), so I am looking forward to it.

I think it was 2003.

#117 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I don't think whether or not Ricky is the writer is important anymore.

This >.< Why has everyone been making such a fuss over it lately anyways? Besides, more than one person could have written the entries. We don't know D:

#118 meeeeow

meeeeow
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

I went with Selvin - Kiko Lake way back when we could start guessing (Your Guess 13th April, 1:12:18 am NST)

Just because it was my first guess/gut instinct. I keep thinking about changing it, but eh. I don't want to risk it I guess...yet.

Edited by meeeeow, 15 April 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#119 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

I went with Selvin - Kiko Lake way back when we could start guessing (Your Guess 13th April, 1:12:18 am NST)

Just because it was my first guess/gut instinct. I keep thinking about changing it, but eh. I don't want to risk it I guess...yet.

This guess is good at the moment. :)

The writer of the journal entries is important (to me anyway) because he's the one giving us the clues. So logically speaking he is an important guy as we are seeing things in his perspectives...

#120 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

You're making sense but I think I got tripped up somewhere. How is Rutu the explorer (never mind, found it when I backread again. Not sure I agree with it, though--based only on having a longtime dream to go to a specific place?)--and Hurok the knight again?

Edited by cuddlydemon, 15 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#121 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

You will have to let me know how awesome the prize for being an early guesser is XD I think my guess was midday yesterday.

#122 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Okay, i have updated the guesses to the three possible ones with the information provided.

facts and inferences provided

If anybody disagrees with those inferences do let me know, =) open to comments

#123 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Selvin - Kiko Lake was my guess.

Your Guess
13th April, 1:30:25 am NST

#124 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

You're making sense but I think I got tripped up somewhere. How is Rutu the explorer (never mind, found it when I backread again. Not sure I agree with it, though--based only on having a longtime dream to go to a specific place?)--and Hurok the knight again?

Rutu being the explorer can also be backed up with more concrete reasons.
Voughn must be the mystery person, since it was decided he would take the cloud negg there would be no reason for him to need to refuse the clockwork negg. Therefore using that deductive reasoning, Voughn cannot be the knight, explorer or blacksmith. Since Selvin is the Wizard, Voughn must be the mystery profession.

That leaves Rutu/Ricky/Hurok as the knight/explorer/blacksmith. Therefore none of the three can carry the clockwork negg. It doesn't matter too much who is what past that point.
If you want to know why I specifically have Rutu as the explorer it's because he obviously can't be the blacksmith in the current entry, and it wouldn't make sense for him to be the knight based on entry 5 (

On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group)

. The only one left then is the explorer.

Ricky and Hurok are completely interchangeable as the Knight/Blacksmith. One of them is taking the glass negg to brightvale, the other is taking the sand negg to either Lost Desert or Kiko Lake.

#125 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Selvin - Kiko Lake was my guess.

Your Guess
13th April, 1:30:25 am NST

Ahaha yes, I'm not the only one! :D High fives all 'round~

>Your Guess
>Selvin/Kiko Lake, 13th April, 6:11:30 pm NST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users