• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Welcome to my guide to Pet Trading. Odd as it may seem, there are people who join Neopets and come straight to the dark side ;) This guide is intended to help them get the most out of trading their pets, and to help ensure they don't get underoffered.

Please feel free to add anything/critique the guide :)

Table of Contents
  • Acronyms
  • Customs
  • Names
  • Colour popularity
  • Species popularity
  • Trading UCs
  • Other helpful guides

Acronyms

This is a list of commonly used acronyms and phrases of the Neopian Pound board:
Spoiler

Customs
If you are offered a 'custom' this means the person who offered is willing to paint/morph the pet they have offered to suit your liking. For example if Janine the Royal Peophin was UFT someone might offer Latoya the Baby Kau + 1mil custom. You could then ask the offerer to morph/paint Latoya into something you'd prefer on a budget of 1million neopoints, i.e. ask them to paint her Faerie.

Names
If you've ever traded a pet before you might know that the PC are a very picky bunch when it comes to names. Of course it depends on the individual you're trading with but in general this is the ranking order of names:

RN (Real Name) - i.e. Bob, Jane, Lauren, John

RW (Real Word) - i.e. Slippers, Igloo, Pea, Chocolate

VWN - Xxxxx - i.e. Allie, these names are capped so they resemble a real name and usually 5-6 characters or shorter and contain no numbers or underscores

WN - Xxxxxxx, xxxxx - i.e. Letishia, these also contain no numbers or underscores but may be slight longer or uncapped (or both)

DN - XxxxXxxx, xxx_xxx - i.e FluffyBunny, Lil_Jane, these can be two words and may contain one underscore, or one number

BN - xxx_xxxx_xxx, xxxx###, -i.e DarkKnight278, these contain multiple underscores/numbers and are usually uncapped/randomly capped

VBN - xxxXxxXx_X## - i.e, l337bo1833jaa_87, no one will want these pets, unless perhaps they are UC

Names are very important when trading pets as they can have emotional or special meaning with the trader. This means that you might be able to trade for a pet far better that yours, because the owner of said superior pet adores the name of yours :)

Colour Popularity

Colours rankings:
High:
Spoiler

Medium High:
Spoiler

Medium:
Spoiler

Medium Low:
Spoiler

Low:
Spoiler

Very Low:
Spoiler

There are of course exceptions to most of these which are compiled here in this neopets guide Pet Value

Species Popularity

Highest - Krawks and Draiks (Although bear in mind that due to the deflation of PDEs and PKMPs these pets do not carry the same value they once did

Posted Image Posted Image

Medium - Cybunnies, Poogles, Hissis,

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Low - All other basic pets (although some are more popular than others, i.e. Xweetoks and Kacheeks)

Trading UCs (Unconverted neopets)

Due to their popularity UCs are only usually traded for other UCs. However if you have a popular RW/RN or expensively painted Draik, sometimes people are willing to part with their UCs.

Here is a database that shows what UCs have traded for in the past:

http://www.neopets.com/~BugRanger#home

Other helpful guides

These helped me compile my knowledge and helped to write this guide

Pet Value
UC Trading Database
Pet Penny Trading

Thank you for reading!

Edited by trizzle, 15 April 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#2 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Cheers Yung, another decent guide!

Wait a minute - you're not Yung! Blasphemy!

Edited by Russell, 15 April 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#3 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

-_________-

:p Well since I can't program and I don't have a sharp and witty tongue a lame-o guide is my only way to contribute

Edited by trizzle, 15 April 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

Well I'm going be adding this to the Neocodex Guide Directory.... just as soon as I figure out which category this should go in. :)

#5 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

• Nightsteeds are not avatar pets
--You may want to add WL and/or Werelupe & MR though, which are avatar pets
  • Pirates are worth less than Royals
  • Alien is worth the same as most royals
  • Spotted can be worth more if it's painted onto a Lupe/Koi
  • Mutant and Robot can be worth more depending on the species
  • Chombies & Jetsams are definitely not popular :p
&On the other hand, Kacheeks and Xweetoks are (popular)

Edited by Rainie, 15 April 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#6 Zirae

Zirae
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Nice work Trizzy!Posted Image

#7 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Thank you Rainie Posted Image +rep

I'll change most of that (:

I've put in a disclaimer at the pet colours bit that there are exceptions :p

Edited by trizzle, 15 April 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#8 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Very nice guide!

Although, I do believe Maractite and Water are missing from the colour rankings.

#9 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Very nice guide!

Although, I do believe Maractite and Water are missing from the colour rankings.

:o So they are. Thank you!

Well I'm going be adding this to the Neocodex Guide Directory.... just as soon as I figure out which category this should go in. :)

I guess Neopets General Guides? (:

Edited by trizzle, 15 April 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#10 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hey there! Very good job! I guess I'll start making guides soon to contribute too since I can't do witty rebuts nor program.. :x

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Well since I can't program and I don't have a sharp and witty tongue a lame-o guide is my only way to contribute

That was pretty quick for someone who isn't witty.

#12 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

did you include chias? o:
most are on the medium low level except pea of course.
i honestly don't understand why PCers love pea chias. they don't get how impossible it is to get lent suap. i think they believe that you get the suap avatar from just owning a pea chia -_-

as well, if you want to expand this it might be helpful to mention stats. lab stats aren't really meaningful until they reach about 200hp, but SBD pets even in the even 40s range start to increase in value

Edited by likerobots, 15 April 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

i honestly don't understand why PCers love pea chias. they don't get how impossible it is to get lent suap. i think they believe that you get the suap avatar from just owning a pea chia -_-

What about other fruit/veg Chias though? Aren't those somewhat popular? O_o
Or am I just imagining things?~

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

What about other fruit/veg Chias though? Aren't those somewhat popular? O_o
Or am I just imagining things?~

Well that is exactly what robots meant with:

It's the Fruit/Veg, Robot, and other special colored Chias that are worth more. The most valuable being the Pea Chia, though the Asparagus runs second place and remains popular in older circles.

#15 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

as well, if you want to expand this it might be helpful to mention stats. lab stats aren't really meaningful until they reach about 200hp, but SBD pets even in the even 40s range start to increase in value

Edit: Oh ahah actually I didn't forget them they are in there already! I guess I should put some pictures of them might make it clearer?

Edited by trizzle, 15 April 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#16 Kae

Kae
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Nice guide, really simple and concise ^_^

If you don't mind, I have a small question about trade values. I have a 4L pronounceable krawk with ~100hp and ~30 str ~30 def...what should I look for when trading up? I'm not sure about the krawk values at the moment because of the change in pkmp prices :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users