Photo

[Guide] Creating LE Pets Without Time Restriction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#51 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

I never implied that it was done by magic, you seemed to skip over my "unless TNT fixed it." I was trying to say that it seems highly unlikely it just "stopped working," with such perfect timing, unless something was done about it.

It didn't just "stop working". Once again, as a programmer, you should know that that's pretty much not how code ever works. Either they monitored traffic and realized that people were using the exploit, or else they were tipped off to its existence by a member of this forum; it would have to have been somebody here, given that the hole remained unplugged for so long despite being described elsewhere.

Wouldn't it make sense that if the Cybunnies stopped being creatable, the Lutari would as well?

You're going on the premise that this "trick" ever worked for Lutari; there is still no evidence suggesting that to be the case. People are creating Lutari because TNT is releasing them, not because this exploit is working/has ever worked.

#52 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

It didn't just "stop working". Once again, as a programmer, you should know that that's pretty much not how code ever works. Either they monitored traffic and realized that people were using the exploit, or else they were tipped off to its existence by a member of this forum; it would have to have been somebody here, given that the hole remained unplugged for so long despite being described elsewhere.

You're going on the premise that this "trick" ever worked for Lutari; there is still no evidence suggesting that to be the case. People are creating Lutari because TNT is releasing them, not because this exploit is working/has ever worked.

That is more or less exactly what I'm talking about. I've said twice now that I think it is highly unlikely that it just stopped working. The only point that we disagree on is that it ever worked for the Lutari. I've even already admitted that it was possible I had screwed up and not looked properly while I was creating my own Lutari, although I think it's unlikely. It just seems, according to the proof that we do have, that it is more likely that it did work for Cybunny, Lutari, and other LE pets in the past, but it was fixed after I posted, because of the timing of the Cybunny fix, rather than it not ever working at all. I'm sorry that I have no solid proof, but there's nothing I can do to produce any now.

#53 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

:( :( :( :( :( you sad honeys? :(

Edited by L33T, 19 April 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#54 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

edit: durp >.<

Edited by St3v3, 20 April 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#55 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

:) Thanks for this guide. Luckily I caught a legit batch of them but this is fab for people who didn't (:

#56 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

This is pretty awesome, but not working at the moment. :(
I can't create any Lutaris. :( (I have dutifully forgot about neopets at work today.)

Edit: Okay sorry in my enthusiasm I missed the sentence in red that this has been patched. :x3:

Edited by Fireworks, 20 April 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#57 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Gah! I was asleep when all this was going on and didn't get a chance to use the exploit. As others have said, I find it verrrry strange TNT would fix something that has been going on for a long time within hours of it being posted here.

As an aside: I had no idea so many pets were limited now @_@ Have Tonu, Cybunny, and Chomby always been limited?

#58 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Considering everything posted in this particular subforum is public even without a login, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at TNT occasionally checks in here to see what's going on. They don't even need a mole or a spy.

#59 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Wanted to ask if this will work on Krawks and Draiks on their days then realise it's fixed. :/
Is this part of the forum visible to non members though? Because if it is, anyone could have tipped TNT off.

#60 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Considering everything posted in this particular subforum is public even without a login, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at TNT occasionally checks in here to see what's going on. They don't even need a mole or a spy.

Yes, my thoughts exactly... :shifty:

#61 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nice one, created a Cybunny on my side (:

#62 DanPh

DanPh
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

damn got in here too late.. =(

#63 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

damn got in here too late.. =(

Waaaaay too late. TNT patched this almost instantly.

#64 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

and with that, this topic can be :locked:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users