• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

Posted Image

http://www.piggyback...-jsa-fundraiser

So basically, my school's non-profit JSA (Junior Statesmen of America) club is fundraising! My page is pretty lame with no donations right now because its just Day 1 :(

By raising money, we will be able to send members to conventions for a lower price, and by having members attend conventions, we will be able to also spread JSA to more and more people, teaching them how to be statesmen or stateswomen themselves. Students will be able to get a headstart in politics, learning not only to improve their speech but also their debate skills, creating better future political leaders.

And you get some nifty prizes by donating too! Lemon.
Its a competition between the members of the club to see who can raise the most which is why I'm trying so hard!

Posted Image

Edited by Junsu, 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#2 Silky

Silky
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'd help you out, but I already donate to a similar thing in the town I live in. Good luck thought

#3 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

http://www.piggyback...-jsa-fundraiser

So basically, my school's non-profit JSA (Junior Statesmen of America) club is fundraising! My page is pretty lame with no donations right now because its just Day 1 :(

By raising money, we will be able to send members to conventions for a lower price, and by having members attend conventions, we will be able to also spread JSA to more and more people, teaching them how to be statesmen or stateswomen themselves. Students will be able to get a headstart in politics, learning not only to improve their speech but also their debate skills, creating better future political leaders.

And you get some nifty prizes by donating too!
Its a competition between the members of the club to see who can raise the most which is why I'm trying so hard!

Why link it here then? While I'm sure it's for a good cause, I sincerely doubt that anyone here will donate anything. Sorry to break it to you.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yeah. No.

#5 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Yeah. No.

Sometimes I just wait for your response on certain 'issues'

#6 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Good luck fundraising. I would donate but I don't have my own bank account because I'm lazy and trust my parents to sort out these matters :p

#7 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Sometimes I just wait for your response on certain 'issues'

You're not alone there.

#8 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

How much do you want and how can we donate?

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Why link it here then? While I'm sure it's for a good cause, I sincerely doubt that anyone here will donate anything. Sorry to break it to you.

I'll show you!

#10 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'll show you!

Aww Nymh was that $10 you? That's so sweet! :3

#11 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Aww Nymh was that $10 you? That's so sweet! :3

I think if anyone has the balls to ask this bunch of douchebags for support in a fundraiser, they deserve to get some.

Good luck, Junsu! :air_kiss:

#12 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Too vague. "creating better future political leaders" might mean spreading the seed of political evangelism, for all I know...

#13 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

<3

Just because I love you Junsu

Edited by Skrillex, 25 April 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#14 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

<3

Just because I love you Junsu

I'll show you!

Posted Image Thank you ~~

Too vague. "creating better future political leaders" might mean spreading the seed of political evangelism, for all I know...

Well it really depends on the individual (personally Im not up for "spreading the seed of political evangelism"),
Its mainly to help your speech and debate skills, as at conventions, we're able to have mock debates and speeches.
For example, we debated over if FDR or Reagan had better foreign policies
(Reagan argued that his policies at least had a leg to stand on and that he could talk the talk AND walk the walk)
and if the Cold War was really worth it, going in depth with the domino theory, intervention, Vietnam War, and more.

How much do you want and how can we donate?

You can donate here. Donate as much as you want or as little as you want :D

Edited by Junsu, 25 April 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#15 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Well it really depends on the individual (personally Im not up for "spreading the seed of political evangelism"),
Its mainly to help your speech and debate skills, as at conventions, we're able to have mock debates and speeches.
For example, we debated over if FDR or Reagan had better foreign policies
(Reagan argued that his policies at least had a leg to stand on and that he could talk the talk AND walk the walk)
and if the Cold War was really worth it, going in depth with the domino theory, intervention, Vietnam War, and more.

Fair enough. As a MUNfag, I couldn't resist donating. Dem delegate fees.

Good luck! If your club is as piss-poor as ours, you'll need it.

#16 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Fair enough. As a MUNfag, I couldn't resist donating. Dem delegate fees.

Good luck! If your club is as piss-poor as ours, you'll need it.

Many thanks!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

$140 dollars per person to go to one conference, not including the food ;_____;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users