Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #35 Voting!

Voting Thread SOTW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Poll: SOTW 35 :) " Voting Begins " (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favourite signature below!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#51 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'd say she missed the nail and hit her finger.
This is a debate. The whole point of this thread is to debate the sigs, and while a typo might seem like a simple irrelevant mistake to you, it might not be to others.
Also, if you're not butthurt, you might want to stop acting like you are.

this just took it from critiquing to .... flaming .

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

You know, just because you say it's not relevant, doesn't make it irrelevant.

Weak response.

#53 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Everyone needs to stop blowing it out of proportion. It was a silly mistake, they happen. One can point out that if you're submitting something into a competition, you might probably want to take a bit more time to scrutinize it and perfect it before sending it in, if such things are important to you. Freaking out when someone points out an error in your work and disqualifying yourself isn't a graceful way to go out. I agree with IcedEarth, laugh it off and wait it out, then in the next SOTW, make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'll remember in future to not attempt to partake in site activities.
The bias is obvious either way.

This was unfair, I don't agree with that at all. Sure, it was there for gren, but that was just one case. The SOTWs have been fairly held and have been transparent. People vote for what they like.

Edited by Ladida, 06 May 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#54 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Weak response.

Weak response.

#55 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Weak response.

That was the point *facepalm*

#56 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

every1 has to stop clawing eachothers' eyes out
the topic is now kitties

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Spoiler

*Cuteness overload*
although the last one freaks me out.. just a little..

And adding spoiler MIGHT fail.. we'll see.

#58 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Spoiler

The first one so cute

Edited by Nonexistent, 06 May 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#59 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

KITTEHS!!!

#60 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Posted Image

The first one so cute

And the last one sums it all up.

I'm having the worst time with the quote button.

Edited by Napiform, 06 May 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#61 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

And the last one sums it all up.

I'm having the worst time with the quote button.

No, the last one neutralizes the three before it :p

#62 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Just...

Spoiler

You meant this right?
Spoiler

#63 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

You meant this right?

Spoiler

ah this is precious.

anyway, about the sigs.
i voted for #14 because it was well-composed and looked like something i'd use on a forum.
i would've voted for #1 but it boths me how the circle moves ::p it was well colorized though

#64 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:28 AM

Damn, I don't think I have enough rep to upvote all the cat posts. :(

Edit: Can't even do the first one. :angry:

Edited by Russell, 07 May 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#65 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

Damn, I don't think I have enough rep to upvote all the cat posts. :(

Edit: Can't even do the first one. :angry:

I've got you covered.

#66 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

I've got you covered.

Cheers buddy. :)

#67 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

I like the fact that #1 is animated but #3 is just so darn cute! It makes me want to be kind and cheerful (and given my current mood that is saying something) ^-^

#68 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

For some reason, I'm finding #2 hilarious. I don't know if it's the facial expression, the fact that the nun looks like a Sim, or just that it's a nun walking through a forest.

This is how I feel about number 8. I cannot stop laughing. It's creepy as hell. I voted for it. Then I saw who else voted for it and now people are going to think we're conspiring. :/

#69 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

This isn't a debate lol.
I'm speaking from experience. I understand where Kiwi is coming from.
I understand why she wanted it removed. It does create a bias. That's it.

Sorry for jumping in after everyone had finally gotten over this, but I just can't help myself. I am disappointed that someone would not only revoke their entry after something was pointed out about it, but that they then would go on to say that they will stay away from site contests and go back to lurking. Really? Come on, Kiwi. And don't get all butthurt about what I have to say because it's pretty obvious that I like you :lol: But it needs to be said.

Who cares if there is a bias. This is not the first time and certainly isn't the last time that someone will have pointed out an error or mistake in a signature (including spelling errors). Everyone votes based on their own personal biases. I am biased toward pictures that are pretty, that I understand, and that have few or no words. When all else fails I vote for the one that is funniest, or that I feel was done the best artistically. Everyone will have their own opinions about which one they vote for but removing an entry after it has received a critique is not fair to the other entrants [who wait patiently until voting is over despite (or perhaps awaiting) the comments that they may receive] or the voters [who may have voted on the entry despite the misspelling or don't even bother to read this comment thread (they do exist)].

Also, other than ensuring that the entries meet the qualification criteria ( <_<) I don't think it is intended for the contest holder to help people with their signatures, including pointing out mistakes and/or how they could be improved.

Like I said, sorry for possibly reviving a debate that was already over, but I think this is something that is beneficial for all people who enter this contest to understand.

#70 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sorry for jumping in after everyone had finally gotten over this, but I just can't help myself. I am disappointed that someone would not only revoke their entry after something was pointed out about it, but that they then would go on to say that they will stay away from site contests and go back to lurking. Really? Come on, Kiwi. And don't get all butthurt about what I have to say because it's pretty obvious that I like you :lol: But it needs to be said.

Who cares if there is a bias. This is not the first time and certainly isn't the last time that someone will have pointed out an error or mistake in a signature (including spelling errors). Everyone votes based on their own personal biases. I am biased toward pictures that are pretty, that I understand, and that have few or no words. When all else fails I vote for the one that is funniest, or that I feel was done the best artistically. Everyone will have their own opinions about which one they vote for but removing an entry after it has received a critique is not fair to the other entrants [who wait patiently until voting is over despite (or perhaps awaiting) the comments that they may receive] or the voters [who may have voted on the entry despite the misspelling or don't even bother to read this comment thread (they do exist)].

Also, other than ensuring that the entries meet the qualification criteria ( <_<) I don't think it is intended for the contest holder to help people with their signatures, including pointing out mistakes and/or how they could be improved.

Like I said, sorry for possibly reviving a debate that was already over, but I think this is something that is beneficial for all people who enter this contest to understand.

Spoiler

Nah but in all seriousness, Nymh is wise as ever :)

(and I really want to see this removed signature now)

#71 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

I actually am choosing to respond because this is the most well thought out posting out of everything I've read thus far. Thank you for your input ;)
As for the spelling error itself, I'm not a Bible type of person, so when I found a fitting quote I didn't think twice about the name of the book being wrong :S
I was rather irritated when it was pointed out and after which I felt I had no choice as to pull it, may not have been a good decision, may not have been what others would have done. But I did it none the less, what's done is done and maybe I'll reconsider submitting stuff in the future ^_^

Also, In other news... I like smilies :wub:

I hope you do consider submitting more stuff! I can understand how you would make the mistake with that word, too. Biblicial spellings are tough anyway and I'm not the most well versed in them either (needless to say I didn't even notice it) :innocent:

I also love smilies :x3:

#72 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Well this is nice. A fight in the SOTW usually ended with some artnazi calling everyone else's sig shit, and ended in invisible posts and hurt feelings.
I think the cats really helped diffuse the situation.
Posted Image

#73 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

It was a minor spelling mistake.... WHO GIVES A FUCK? I liked what you produced Kiwi and I hope you DO participate in future SOTW comps :)

#74 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

How ironic, seeing as this week's topic is "the seven virtues". :whistling:

On the other hand...
Posted Image

#75 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:12 PM