Best Way to make profit off ABing?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

First off I'f you feel as though I am spamming feel free to delete, I'm not attempting to spam, I just keep coming up with topic ideas that don't fit all my questions.

I've posted asking best places to auto buy and found out anything besides Stamps, Magic, Defense magic ETC, are dangerous.

So My main question here is after lurking i see people have been making like 2m a day off restocking in low profit shops, I dont know how this is done.

I was lucky and restocked 5x Gourmet last night for 125k quick profit, + An unbuyable book (not sold yet) & Just restocked a book that said EST profit of 86k

So that all combined in 2 days assuming everything sells, should have made around 2-400k.
Now, I've been restocking in plushie / Spooky foods and have not gotten anything AndMost of the time I'm just watching tv and stalking the Aber, and In 30 minutes of watching it neither of those stores restocked once.

Where is everyone ABing to get 2m in a day?

I also use the Attic Aber and this is always what happens in the attic:

2012-05-08 13:06:55 - Missed Cheese Pillow: Sold out.
2012-05-08 13:06:56 - Missed Christmas Wocky Morphing Potion: Sold out.
2012-05-08 13:07:02 - Missed Fiery Wand: Sold out.

Am I having my rates too slow?

Edited by cschroederstyle, 08 May 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Advice: Read other guides before posting. It makes you look like you haven't even tried looking for answers on your own =/

Q: So My main question here is after lurking i see people have been making like 2m a day off restocking in low profit shops, I dont know how this is done.
A: Bam and ShaBam

Q: Where is everyone ABing to get 2m in a day?
A: Indubitably.

Q: Am I having my rates too slow?
A: I don't know your rates; therefore, my judgement is ill-informed. Until I get my god-powers (or computer science? degree), I can't travel through da interwebs and look at our settings.) No matter what rates you have, missing AAA items is normal. Even at very low settings, I miss like 5 out of 6 items.

#3 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hey Keil thanks, That shabam :p guide I didnt not find when browsing through every guide i could find, sorry and thanks thats what I Was looking for mainly was a time frame so i know the average time people are buying for.

Thanks

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

The simple answer is: Reading Guides

The complicated answer is: Neocodex Guide Directory

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hey Keil thanks, That shabam :p guide I didnt not find when browsing through every guide i could find, sorry and thanks thats what I Was looking for mainly was a time frame so i know the average time people are buying for.

Thanks

From BAM:

I started out with 5.5 - 11.0 refresh rates/.4-.7 prehaggle/1.1-1.4 OCR and eventually got bolder. That and more and more competition forced me to lower them again and again to stay competitive. By the end I was using 4.5 - 9.0/.4-.7/.6-.9.

That time frame is about the benchmark before risking in the frozen times. I can honestly testify that my refresh rates were X-6/X-.8/X-.7 and I haven't been frozen with those settings. (Suicide settings are a different story). Like most NeoCodexians, we will not give you the perfect times. You really have to experiment and possible get some accounts frozen before finding the sweet spot.

#6 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Be careful and don't get cocky, it's so easy to get frozen when you think you wont.

#7 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yeah sorry to all, the second guide you gave me i didntg find and believe me I've read ALOT of guides.

Be careful and don't get cocky, it's so easy to get frozen when you think you wont.

Yeah I'm keeping my aber at around 1700 ms sometimes it does like 1500 though, but after reading guides on ideal/least likely to get frozen that seems legit if i run it for 2 maybe 3 hours a sitting than wait a few hours and ab for an hour or something, but i only get like 6 items in 2 hours? lol

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Aww I love it when people link to my hunnybunny's guides ^_^

My biggest piece of advice is just learning as much as you can about how the program works, what the settings do when you change them, and how restocking works. Figure out through experience what works best for you. Everyone starts out slow. It is those who don't bother to apply themselves to improve that languish with slow returns. Learn, experiment, and profit.

#9 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Aww I love it when people link to my hunnybunny's guides ^_^

My biggest piece of advice is just learning as much as you can about how the program works, what the settings do when you change them, and how restocking works. Figure out through experience what works best for you. Everyone starts out slow. It is those who don't bother to apply themselves to improve that languish with slow returns. Learn, experiment, and profit.

Very well said ^^ How do I +

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Very well said ^^ How do I +

The little green "up" button in the bottom right of the post :)

#11 Wrukag

Wrukag
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

I think people lie when they say restocking certain chops are dangerous, less competition. All I AB is magic and stamps and I make a killing.

My times are;

Refresh: 3.2-7.5
Pre-haggle: 0.3-0.7
OCR: 0.3-0.7

I AB magic shop mostly, with a min profit of 300k and I usually get 1-3 MP's a day.(my record is 6 MPs in one day)

It's 7am where I live, my AB has been running since 5am and I've already made an EST profit of over 2mill off of 2 MPs. :D

Edit: I also don't rest unless its over 800k profit. Your goal is to make money, its more natural to me to keep restocking after huge profits. If I was on TNT I think it would look suspicious if when someone restocked a decent UB they just randomly stopped for a period of time, no other activity and then kept RS'ing =/

Plus restocks seem to come in waves. If you buy an item then rest for x amount of time you might miss the next few restocks that usually happen within a few minutes of each other. At least that is what I have noticed.

Double edit: I don't ever RS Igloo garage sell or AAA when I've been RS banned. There is very few things TNT can "look for" when your AB'ing. Some of the more obvious things would be when your RS banned you switch to Igloo and AAA for hours on end. When I'm RS banned I go play games, post on the NB and stay active in my guild. If all you do is RS and exploit every possible venue your going to start raising red flags. Starting out small and working your way up to huge profits also would seem more natural as well. I started out in small shops with 2500 min profit and as I tinkered around with Abrosia I found what works for me and I "evolved" into the restocker I am today.

With all that being said I would agree whole heartily with above posters, don't get cocky, experiment, and be patient above all else! Don't think your doing something wrong because you don't see lines of green when you open up Abrosia. Sometimes your setting can be perfect and you can go all day without a single buy! I tend to see 3-6 missed items for every item I buy.

Edited by Wrukag, 13 May 2012 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users