Photo

Changes

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#201 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

I PM the user with the reason why I hid their post after I hide already, although if people want me to keep it public and post in the thread instead, I'll oblige, even though I like to keep things private as to not draw as much attention from the masses.

I like the shame aspect.
Except some people dont have shame.

#202 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

I PM the user with the reason why I hid their post after I hide already, although if people want me to keep it public and post in the thread instead, I'll oblige, even though I like to keep things private as to not draw as much attention from the masses.

I think posting in the thread is unnecessary. Perhaps some will disagree, but what I see is threads where you have a moderator randomly popping in and saying, "Hid a post by (member) for spam/flaming/whatever." Not only does that take the focus away from the content of the thread (because inevitably there will be replies to some of these moderator posts) but it also has the potential to make us look like we don't care enough to actually participate in the discussion. Also, if a post is hidden and the member is contacted personally to discuss it, it gives them the opportunity to learn from this behavior and alter their posting in the future without too many people knowing about it. If it is posted in the thread, then that opens the door for the discussion to be made public, which is not something everyone needs to see. As much as every member would love to be a part of Every Decision That Is Made, not everyone needs to have the opportunity to post their twopence regarding whether a particular post warranted being hidden or not, or if the offending member is being an enormous prick about it or taking it like a champ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users