Quantcast

Photo

Is makeup really improve looks? According to this - Yes!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Faisal

Faisal
  • 1989 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

Reminded me of this..xD

Posted Image

#27 Ksychic

Ksychic
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

I am a much bigger fan of natural beauty :)

#28 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Since I have been getting into modeling, I have gotten used to not wearing any makeup. It doesn't really bother me anymore. I think too many girls are insecure without it. : / So then when people see them WITHOUT makeup, they're like, "OMG are you feeling ok today?"

#29 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Well I don't think anyone really wears makeup to look worst x)..
The picture in the first post is probably just something you'd expect from an ulzzang though, most people (I'd believe) wouldn't have that drastic of a change between their no makeup and makeup faces

(I like to think about Sandara Park; she's pretty without makeup
Spoiler

but her eyes just pop out a little more after wearing it ^__^
Spoiler
)

Since I have been getting into modeling, I have gotten used to not wearing any makeup. It doesn't really bother me anymore. I think too many girls are insecure without it. : / So then when people see them WITHOUT makeup, they're like, "OMG are you feeling ok today?"

I go bare-faced all the time :p
~Although if I have time in the morning before I leave (which is very rare x3) I'll usually apply BB Cream (which I don't believe is actually makeup o3o) and eyeliner

#30 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

I normally go without makeup, but some days I feel like I need an extra confidence boost or like I need to show how awesome I feel. I am a firm believer that makeup should enhance natural beauty, not cover it.

Of course, then I wear really dark lipstick and feel uber sexy. But sometimes I just have to give in to the inner sexy me (if I can find her).

#31 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

There is a difference between makeup and airbrushing. The only makeup picture that looks genuine to me is the one of Sandara Park with the crazy tank top on.

That chick in the first one also put on contacts to make her irises look bigger, which is super cool IMO but I don't think they're FDA approved in the States yet so we can't legally get them :(

#32 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

As long as girls don't treat their face like a cake and have 1/2inches of crap on their face it's alright. Some girls shouldn't step outside without fixing themselves up, like my old room mate's girlfriend. That wasn't a pretty sight x.x

Edited by Adam, 23 May 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#33 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

It honestly depends on the girl.
There were some girls in my class this semester that were hard to look at when they finally came in without makeup.

#34 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

That chick in the first one also put on contacts to make her irises look bigger, which is super cool IMO but I don't think they're FDA approved in the States yet so we can't legally get them :(

You mean circle lenses?
They're legal to buy, there just aren't really any stores in the US which sell them.
(http://www.lensvillage.com/ and http://www.honeycolor.com/ are good sites to get them from though ^__^)

#35 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

You mean circle lenses?
They're legal to buy, there just aren't really any stores in the US which sell them.
(http://www.lensvillage.com/ and http://www.honeycolor.com/ are good sites to get them from though ^__^)

Yes, Circle Lenses. But no, they're not legal to sell in the USA because contact lenses - with or without vision correction in them - are considered medical devices by the FDA and are not legal to sell without a doctor's prescription. Because these particular lenses are not FDA approved, doctors can't write Rx's for them so they are illegal.

#36 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

It might make girls look better but I still prefer them 'natural'. I openly disallow my girlfriend to wear makeup. I think she looks beautiful the way she is and shouldn't need to attempt to make herself look 'better' for anyone else. ;)

#37 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Some girls shouldn't step outside without fixing themselves up

Some misogynists shouldn't post on Neocodex.

#38 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I finally have a reason to use this:

Posted Image

#39 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

Cannot be unseen..... :o

#40 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

*also is a fan of the natural look -- large amounts of makeup is kind of a turn-off since it seems too artificial*

Cannot be unseen..... :o

Posted Image

Bahahaha. Nice find. I find the transition between 2 and 3 to be large though. There should be 5 steps. :p

#41 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Bahahaha. Nice find. I find the transition between 2 and 3 to be large though. There should be 5 steps. :p

I'm trying to think the original that I saw might have had 5 steps, I had to search for this again to post it.

#42 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

I don't think that I'll ever believe this one's forreal.

#43 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

I use hair wax to make my hair the way I want it so I can't really say its wrong for someone to use something to look the way they want to. But I do find most girls regardless of how much make-up generally have 10x the amount of beauty products as I would ever use.

Whenever I'm in my best friend's house or car I keep finding little lip gloss tubes everywhere to the point where I keep hoping I'm finding the same tube every time and not a different one.

#44 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Whenever I'm in my best friend's house or car I keep finding little lip gloss tubes everywhere to the point where I keep hoping I'm finding the same tube every time and not a different one.

It's quite possible she uses the tubes for some other purpose...
Wait what? Nevermind.

#45 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Just adding a little more to the discussion. I never wear a lot of makeup (a little eyeliner and mascara at the MOST) and yesterday it was piled on me. I did a photoshoot and walking around New Orleans in the hot-as-balls heat is disgusting with a face caked with makeup. I would wipe my face just with my fingers to get sweat away and they were covered with foundation. Needless to say, when I got home, I got rid of everything. It's bad when you scratch your face and your fingernails have makeup under them afterwards. Bleck.

I understand the reason behind that, though. Professional fashion photography uses LOTS of makeup to achieve a certain look. But people who use that much in their everyday life are a little ridiculous, IMO.

#46 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Some misogynists shouldn't post on Neocodex.

I don't think you understand the definition of a misogynist.

#47 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

I met this girl, without any make-up on... I married her.

It just depends on the girl, like others have said.

#48 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have really bad dark circles so I get self-conscious when I don't wear undereye + powder.

That's usually it though. ;o;

#49 ManhattanMaverick

ManhattanMaverick
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

You should see my best friend with makeup, she turns from a 4 to a 9 in about fifteen minutes.
As for me, I'm pretty light on the makeup. During the school year, I spend about 3 minutes on it lol

#50 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I like makeup, I reckon its fun to play with, and to dress yourself up with, but I strongly dislike people who use too much. I wear makeup, but in really small quantities; light foundation powder, and eyeliner on the top of my eye, is about it. Most people do look pretty wearing it naturally though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users