Quantcast

Photo

Is makeup really improve looks? According to this - Yes!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I've always been interested in make up. I didn't actually start buying it and learning to apply it until I was in my 20s. Now I wear eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss whenever I feel like it, some days I'm too lazy. My cousin is in cosmetology school and she's going to teach me how to do eye shadow, foundation, blush and all that fun stuff. I just think it's fun to play with your look. Looking natural is great, but everyone likes a change every once in a while and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't like that people (mostly men lets be real) assume that women wear make up because they think they're ugly. No we wear it because it looks good and it's a fashion accessory.

#52 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

idk is the before girl even the same as the after girl?
i think they only showed us steps 1,2, .... 56 and 57.

makeup really does improve the looks IMO of some people, like i know smokers who don't have great skin and with a little or a lot of makeup their skin looks healthier.
I'm not a fan of cake-facing, not good for the skin. It's a ton of money to blow, too.

#53 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Why did op post the same 4 pictures in a row?

#54 wesayhey

wesayhey
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Wow, I did not realize that was the same person.....very impressive.

#55 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

learned in my bio class that make up mimics the visible affects of healthy estrogen levels in women. So as men, we are inclined to seek after women with higher healthy estrogen levels for best reproductive fitness. Make up can do for someone who doesnt have that naturally.

#56 Valderino

Valderino
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Make-up is a scam to rake in the dough! But some for some reason it improves some peoples happiness.

It's all about the self-confidence imho.

#57 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Beauty schmeauty. Why would anyone want to ATTRACT another person?
I prefer to wear make up that makes me look like a scary witch. People are less inclined to fuck with me when I look like I'm about to stab them. When people look at me, I don't want them to think, "Oh, she's pretty" I want them to think, "How fast can I get away from this psycho?"

#58 Yum

Yum
  • Do not trade with this user

• 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

No nobody needs it!

#59 gummis

gummis
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Smearing whale poop and the other disgusting things found in make-up chemicals on my face grosses me out.

#60 ellustrina

ellustrina
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

WOW That's the same person?? But honestly, as a guy I would be so freaked out if I went home with the girl in the last picture and woke up with the first picture...

#61 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Strong misuse of the word "is" in the topic title.

#62 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

i think minimum is best when it comes to make up. the only exception is theater/costume make up where you HAVE to exaggerate, or you won't be seen at all. Drag queens/kings, its ok for them to exagerate as well. I rarely wear make up. Only when I dress in drag, or i just throw on some shadow and 'scara. for a laugh for everyone.

or this

#63 Croc

Croc
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

WOW That's the same person?? But honestly, as a guy I would be so freaked out if I went home with the girl in the last picture and woke up with the first picture...

I was thinking the same exact thing, haha.

But I think make up is great when it accentuates natural features, I guess. But I also get how it can be a real confidence booster and make you feel good about yourself, which is also great. But I think sometimes it is a problem when someone is uncomfortable with their natural appearance-- to the point to where they won't be seen in public without makeup.

#64 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

y'all ladies need make up /thread lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users