• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

It's always interested me, when going to a friend's house, to observe how they and their parents/brothers and sisters interact with one another and what sort of a relationship they have.

For me, my mum is my best friend. I love her and trust her to the ends of the earth. She was the first person I told when I had my first kiss, my first drink, my first spliff, my first cigarette, my first boyfriend etc. and I when I hear people saying how much they hate their mum it's very strange to me because I've never known anything other than the relationship I have with her.

My dad can be a bit odd and a bit strict but he's hilarious and I know he loves me and would do anything to protect me.

My big (half) brother is the funniest person I know. He's warm and kind but can by cynical and sarcastic but we're very close and he's super protective over me when it comes to boys and such. When I was younger I was bullied for a little while and it took me pleading with him to stop him beating up the bullies.

My little brother can be annoying but we have a lot in common and are close. I know him better than anyone else and pride myself on always knowing when he's lying. He comes to me sometimes for advice which is sweet (¬_¬ Apart from the time he came asking me for condoms)

So what are your family relationships like? Good? Bad? Ugly?

^-^ Feel free to share as much or as little as you want.

Edited by trizzle, 14 May 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Well...my dad is my confidant. If things are bugging me, I tend to go to him. He's remarkably smart and well read for someone whose first language is not English.(and his age)

My mom..well...its kind of on and off with her. Sometimes we spend hours cracking bad jokes at each other, others we are arguing and don't talk for a day or 2. She always comes through for me though. I think the reason why our relationship is so bipolar is because we have the same personality.

I used to get along very well with my big sister but shes been estranged lately. She got a bf and a job and, even though her room is across the hall from mine, we hardly see each other. She's a gamer chick and my biggest rival when it comes to Super Smash Bros and Mario Sluggers.

I don't know if i get along with my little brother since he has this..superiority complex. He can be very down to earth sometimes when I manage to talk to him alone but he changes when he is in front of people. Thats the only thing that bugs me about him. He's a huge politics nerd and loves COD and wrestling games.

Edit: IS THAT A PIKACHU IN UR AVVIE?

Edited by Pikachuu, 12 May 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#3 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

I used to get along very well with my big sister but shes been estranged lately. She got a bf and a job and, even though her room is across the hall from mine, we hardly see each other. She's a gamer chick and my biggest rival when it comes to Super Smash Bros and Mario Sluggers.

I have found that me and my big brother have grown apart as he's grown up as well but I suppose that happens to everyone and their siblings at some point :/ Especially if they move away from each other.

I don't know if i get along with my little brother since he has this..superiority complex. He can be very down to earth sometimes when I manage to talk to him alone but he changes when he is in front of people. Thats the only thing that bugs me about him. He's a huge politics nerd and loves COD and wrestling games.

Oh I know so many people who are like that - nicest thing one-on-one but get them in front of people they want to be liked by and they're a real dick. My little brother can be like that when his friends are over and he wants to impress them.

Edit: IS THAT A PIKACHU IN UR AVVIE?

Yes!!! ^-^ Isn't adorable, I drew it all by myself :p

#4 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

I have found that me and my big brother have grown apart as he's grown up as well but I suppose that happens to everyone and their siblings at some point :/ Especially if they move away from each other.

Yeah :( I really love her but it seems like she out grew me. I guess all i can do is wait for her to come around no?

Oh I know so many people who are like that - nicest thing one-on-one but get them in front of people they want to be liked by and they're a real dick. My little brother can be like that when his friends are over and he wants to impress them.

No kidding :L
He is really cool when its just me and him drinking a coke hanging out in my room but meh. Can't do much more then that xD

Yes!!! ^-^ Isn't adorable, I drew it all by myself :p

It's adorable o__O
Then again, I'm kinda bias xD

#5 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Yeah :( I really love her but it seems like she out grew me. I guess all i can do is wait for her to come around no?

Aww I'm sure she hasn't out grown you it just happens that as you grow up you get busier and you don't have as much time as you'd like, which sucks but it's inevitable. I'm sure she still loves you just as much as she did (:

#6 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I have typical asian parents (of the indian variety). I know they love me, but I'm 24 years old and still get treated like a child. Whenver I go home, I have to abide by their rules which I wouldn't normally mind except I still have a 9pm curfew and have to ask their permission to hang out with friends. They treat me relatively well but still dont give me any of the freedom I would like or deserve and I constantly have to remind them that I'm in pharmacy school doing something with my life not out doing drugs and getting pregnant. My mom sometimes can be understanding especially about my boyfriend and me feeling like I'm being treated like a kid. My dad...forget about it. I will always be his little girl. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but still find it hard to trust them because i know they'll flip a shit.

My brother and I have a symbiotic relationship. We look out for each other but try to stay out of each other's business. I kinda let him do his own thing and know he'll ask for help when he's struggling with school and stuff.

#7 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

I have typical asian parents (of the indian variety). I know they love me, but I'm 24 years old and still get treated like a child. Whenver I go home, I have to abide by their rules which I wouldn't normally mind except I still have a 9pm curfew and have to ask their permission to hang out with friends. They treat me relatively well but still dont give me any of the freedom I would like or deserve and I constantly have to remind them that I'm in pharmacy school doing something with my life not out doing drugs and getting pregnant. My mom sometimes can be understanding especially about my boyfriend and me feeling like I'm being treated like a kid. My dad...forget about it. I will always be his little girl. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but still find it hard to trust them because i know they'll flip a shit.

Wow, that sounds frustrating. In that respect (freedom and such) I feel like I'm really lucky as my parents let me go out when I want (within reason). Even when I came back at 1am on New Years' Eve with my tights ripped and threw up in the sink (yep, not my finest hour) they laughed and took a video 'for when I turn 21' :p

It's crazy that you have a 9pm kerfew! And you're twenty four! That just is so incredible to me.

A Malaysian boy in my year is very clever and loves Latin but his parents have basically said you're doing medicine or engineering or we're disowning you. He wants to do Liberal Arts in America but when he broached the idea they laughed at him :/ It's mad.

#8 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wow, that sounds frustrating. In that respect (freedom and such) I feel like I'm really lucky as my parents let me go out when I want (within reason). Even when I came back at 1am on New Years' Eve with my tights ripped and threw up in the sink (yep, not my finest hour) they laughed and took a video 'for when I turn 21' :p

It's crazy that you have a 9pm kerfew! And you're twenty four! That just is so incredible to me.

Its not a hard and fast curfew (like if you're not home by 9 you're in trouble) just that's when the nagging phone calls start. I know that they do it more because they're worried about me but sometimes they forget that I live on my own when I'm in school. Luckily, this coming summer will be my last one at home and after that i'll be living in my own apt and not have to worry about dealing with their crazy rules.

#9 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Aww I'm sure she hasn't out grown you it just happens that as you grow up you get busier and you don't have as much time as you'd like, which sucks but it's inevitable. I'm sure she still loves you just as much as she did (:

Awwww thats very sweet of you (:

Thankies for the kind words Triz~

#10 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Awwww thats very sweet of you (:

Thankies for the kind words Triz~

keep you head up. My brother and I kinda hit that stage when I was in high school and then during undergrad. It got difficult to talk about anything b/c he's four years younger than me and I always felt like he didn't understand. It wasn't until he started college that we started talking more and hanging out because at that point i didn't see him as my little brother but more as a friend. As you guys get older you'll become closer again. Its probably just a busy time in her life and when she's a bit more settled it'll all be good!

#11 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have a great relationship with my parents and I'm also very close to my sister, she's only 18 months younger than me.

My parents have always treated me fairly - if I got into trouble when I was younger it was because I deserved it. They didn't originally like my fiancé (he's very shy) but they love him now and weren't afraid to tell me that they were wrong originally. I moved out 3 years ago but we have still stayed close.

I don't see my sister as often as I used too but we talk often and I *hope* she knows I'll always be here for her :)

#12 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

keep you head up. My brother and I kinda hit that stage when I was in high school and then during undergrad. It got difficult to talk about anything b/c he's four years younger than me and I always felt like he didn't understand. It wasn't until he started college that we started talking more and hanging out because at that point i didn't see him as my little brother but more as a friend. As you guys get older you'll become closer again. Its probably just a busy time in her life and when she's a bit more settled it'll all be good!

!?
Im four years younger then her as well xD
Idk..im in college too but..idk...
I'll take your advice though :)

#13 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I live with my grandparents and my dad. My dad is pretty much my best friend. We don't talk a lot or express our feelings much, but that's because we're so similar.
I can talk to him about anything, but sometimes he can also be like an annoying little brother.
My grandparents drive me fucking nuts most of the time, but they mean well. My grandpa has Alzheimer's. It's not too severe, it's just enough to make us edgy because he's so forgetful.
My grandmother is a trifling overbearing bitch, but somehow I love her anyway.. She pretty much raised me and never knows when to shut up. It's so weird having that big of a generational gap.
And my mom.. well she and my dad divorced when I was really young. She was still into the party life, and almost destroyed herself with drugs. She's still struggling today but I don't have a relationship with her. That's my home life.. They used to be really strict but once I hit college they let me do just about anything.
Especially now that I'm 21 they don't give a fuck and probably want me to move out now, lol

#14 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I've had a lot of family problems in the past. Drugs, for the most part, ruined my family. I lost my dad in 1998 & my Pawpaw the very next year. It hurt to lose my Pawpaw more because I was extremely close to him and was around him wayyyy more than my dad.

My family has always been a little ehhhh. Lot of drama and unnecessary fights. : / Out of my close family, I feel like I can tell my aunt almost anything because she has been around for basically everything that happened when I was little. She lives out of state, but when we get together, I feel like I can tell her anything and everything. Nothing personal like sexual life, of course. Lol. I wish we talked a lot more.

My sister is the next person I get along with the most. I stayed with her at the end of last year when I had nowhere else to go and I am grateful she took me in. She HAS ratted on me in the past when I trusted her, though. Ugh.

I was pretty much raised by my grandparents and my Mawmaw is like a mother even though she was mean at times. She is 89 now which is hard to believe.

I talk to my mom regularly even though I live out of state now. IMO, she gets in my business a little too much, but I guess she's just being a 'mom.' But to me, when your kids get a certain age, it's time to back off juuuuust a little.

My grandmother is a trifling overbearing bitch, but somehow I love her anyway.. She pretty much raised me and never knows when to shut up. It's so weird having that big of a generational gap.

I LIVED with my grandmother all of my high school and college years. Talk about generation gap. She complained about everyyyything. >_<

#15 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

I have typical asian parents (of the indian variety). I know they love me, but I'm 24 years old and still get treated like a child. Whenver I go home, I have to abide by their rules which I wouldn't normally mind except I still have a 9pm curfew and have to ask their permission to hang out with friends.

Stopped reading there. You're 24 and you have a curfew? No wait it gets better, a 9pm curfew. But that isn't all is it? You need permission to hang out with friends? Yeah that's actually good and all... if you're 12.

Sorry but you need to man up and get your parents to mind their business from now on.

#16 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Stopped reading there. You're 24 and you have a curfew? No wait it gets better, a 9pm curfew. But that isn't all is it? You need permission to hang out with friends? Yeah that's actually good and all... if you're 12.

Sorry but you need to man up and get your parents to mind their business from now on.

If you read further... they're not as overbearing as i make it sound. Generally everything is pretty chill until they get into one of their moods and think about all the bullshit my cousins have done. I've had a lot of issues within my extended family (teen pregnancies and such) and I can actually justify why my parents are so overprotective. I usually get to do what I want as they will recognize that I'm not the fuck up my cousins are. I was just complaining about the fact that I still need to remind them from time to time. I spent 4 years out of state for undergrad and the last two away for pharmacy school so I'm really used to not having to tell anyone where I'm going. I guess using the words "asking permission" was a mistake on my part...the conversation usually goes like this "mom i'm going out with a few friends tonight...be back around X time" and then she goes "ok, what are you guys going to be doing?" They rarely ask for details but it usually happens when I'm going into the city by train b/c that shit can get ghetto sometimes or if I'm staying somewhere overnight. I put up with it mainly b/c they put a roof over my head and food on the table. At least until I graduate from pharm school and start making enough money to be completely financially independent, I'll put up with it.

Edited by Applepi, 13 May 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#17 EveMazing

EveMazing
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

For me, my mum is my best friend. I love her and trust her to the ends of the earth. She was the first person I told when I had my first kiss, my first drink, my first spliff, my first cigarette, my first boyfriend etc. and I when I hear people saying how much they hate their mum it's very strange to me because I've never known anything other than the relationship I have with her.

I used to have a similar relationship with my mother. But then I grew up and I realized some things and I am no longer naive. We are no longer that close and I no longer look up to her, I still love her though of course because she is my mother. Only by blood though considering she hasn't really done much raising and my best friend's mother has become more of a mother to me. If my mother were anyone else, I wouldn't even give her a passing glance.

Same goes for my father. 95% of the time I despise him with every fiber of my being and the other 5% of the time I just really don't care for him. I'm grateful for what he does for me, but that is it. He doesn't talk to me unless he's telling me to do something or yelling at me for no reason and I don't talk to him unless I'm proving him wrong or standing up for myself. He's is verbally abusive by the way. I don't even really consider him my father.

As far as being parents goes, mine are awful at it.

I'm the youngest of four children who should never have been born because none of our parents had any business having children and should not have even been allowed to have sexual intercourse. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to be alive and all that, but that doesn't make my previous statement any less true.

My oldest sister (about 29yrs old) has a different father than me, I've never met him and she didn't spend much time with him either. I don't care for my oldest sister because she's a raging cunt who always thinks she's right and everyone else treats her like she shits gold. She was hardly in my life as I was growing up and because she never put forth any effort to get to know me back then, I don't care to try now. I've recently severed my ties with her because I don't want to be associated with someone like her.

My Second oldest sister (about 27yrs old) shares the same father as me. My relationship with her is odd. I used to hate her as much as I hate my father because I used to think she was always trying to be my mother when I already had a mother who, at the time I thought, was the best mother ever. After my realizations last year about my parents, me and my second oldest sister became a lot closer. We still butt heads but not as much. When we do though, it's pretty bad. If she weren't my sister, I wouldn't give a shit about her as a person because truthfully I don't really like the kind of person she is. She's can be close minded and judgemental. She always acts like a victim in everything and I hate that. I treat her like any other person in the world and she hates that I don't give her special treatment just because she's my sister. I don't believe in that. If she says something stupid, I tell her. If she does something fucked up, I call her out on it. And she hates that.

Then there's my brother (23yrs old) and we have different fathers as well. I think I get along the best with him because he's the one I talk to least. Which is a good change from our childhood of him trying to kill me every chance he got. I care about my brother the most and feel very close to him even though we don't talk every day and I don't see him on a regular basis. I make it my mission though to be involved in his son's life. I'd do anything for my brother and my nephew.

As a young child I was never really close to my siblings because they were raised by our grandmother. My mother was unable to care for the children she kept having so my grandmother took care of them. Then I came along and I guess my mother decided to actually try. The first five or six years of my life was shit because we were homeless and my mother kept getting arrested, the next four or five years were pretty good because my mother got sober and we had a house and she had a job, then things went downhill and I eventually moved in with my, sober for now 17 years, father when I was about 12. My mother and father hate each other too by the way.

The rest of my family I don't usually see because they live pretty far away. I'm not very close to them either.

Edited by EveMazing, 14 May 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#18 Jiayu

Jiayu
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

I have a pretty good relationship with my family, but ever since I moved away for college I do not speak to them very much.

My mother is too busy with my half-sister and her new husband to worry about me, which is nice in a way, but still a little strange after having her around nearly 24/7 for the first 15 years of my life.

My father is lonely. He texts, emails, and calls me about once a week to see how I'm doing, but I normally only respond to him one in three times he contacts me. I feel a bit bad about it, but I'm hoping once he moves into his other house and is able to start dating again he'll be happier.

My younger sister just graduated high school. She is very emotional, and just started going to therapy. We get along most of the time, but since I moved away we rarely talk.

My extended family is also very small, and I see/speak to them even less than I do my immediate family. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I suppose I really am an "out of sight, out of mind" type of person, at least in regard to maintaining relationships.

Edited by Jiayu, 19 May 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#19 Kae

Kae
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Reading all this makes me feel sad. On one level I've always understood that some people have messed up lives and family relationships, but I could never relate. My parents weren't particularly good at parenting, but they put up with my temper and constant whines, and I love them. They're always very busy with work, but my mom always manages to find time to cook great food :p I'm not all warm and fuzzy with them, but they do mean a lot to me. Imo, if you want to talk to your family, then talk to them. Maybe it's just me because I'm in Asian (taiwanese), but family is still important no matter how much they piss you off, and you should still be nice to them :)

#20 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Meh.

My mom and I used to be close, but she moved out of state. And I hate talking on the phone. So we talk like every other week, and its always very fake. Like, "Hey, how are you? Oh thats awesome, yeah Im just working a lot. Bullshit small talk here." My dad and I have never been close. Long story short, my parents divorced when I was 7. He was an alcoholic/anger troll. As he's gotten older and found a new (third) wife, he's calmed down a lot. Again, I dont like talking on the phone so we talk like once a month. He's kind of like an uncle to me more than anything. He smokes weed with me and treats me like an adult vs. a child like my mom, so we get along fine now.

My boyfriends parents are more like my parents than anything else. Theyre amazing. His dad is who I turn to when Im having a problem, and I'm kind of like a neutral 3rd party to his mom, she always talks to me about her problems and I like to give her advice.

My older half-sister and her fiance are awesome. I see them weekly, but I think a lot of it has to do with my daughter. Like if she wasn't in the picture, we wouldn't see each other as much. But theyre pretty ok. My boyfriends brothers are awesome, I dont talk to his eldest brother much outside of him visiting. But his little brother is like my little brother. I always try to give him advice, but hes not talkative so we dont talk much either.

And all of the above made we realise what a pathetic fuck I am because I have this huge awesome family who I NEVER talk to because Im too busy/tired/high.

#21 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

My family relationship is absolute garbage.
Prior to me being 13, things were.. okay..
My parents got divorced at 13, dad moved to the city (Vancouver) and left my mom, younger brother and younger sister behind.
At 15 I got caught up in some illegal activity and moved in with my dad in the city to deal with court and all the legal mumbojumbo.
While I was with my dad, I basically stopped talking to anyone from my mom's side of the family, and they didn't try to talk to me.
In this time, I slowly realized how much of a fuck up, alcoholic my mother was, so I started to hate her for being a shit mom to my Brother and Sister.
In this time I also neglected to talk to my brother and sister, as I was still trying to find myself and figure my life out.
At 18 I moved to Vancouver Island. Basically that was the endpoint for me and any family. I talk to my mom maybe once a month, if that. My sister moved to Ontario, so we don't talk. My little brother is probably the only person I talk to out of any my family anymore. And even then, it's like a once a week "Hey how you doin' little buddy" type thing. I still love the shit out of my dad, but long distance charges are rediculous and he doesn't use facebook. I talked to him once, recently actually, since I left at 18. I'm 23 now.
:( /sigh

#22 andreaxo

andreaxo
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Most of my family relationships are good, besides the one me and my dad have.
I don't talk to him much, since he never calls me, nor do I ever call him really. I see him maybe once a year, even though he lives 1.5 hours away really, he lives in Vancouver as well.

I'm semi close to my mom. I live at home still and she always does her best to support my brother, my sister and myself since she raised us all on her own.

I'm most close with my sister, she lives in Utah :unsure: with her husband and we talk basically daily. She's coming up for a visit in a couple of days because my Grandpa has been really sick and in the hospital. I'm sort of close with my brother. I talk to him when I can and he lets me buy pot off of him from time to time. :)

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

My family relationship is extensive so I'll begin with just my immediate family.

My other half is better known as Napiform so that's what I'll leave that at. She is a wonderful, strong, encouraging, woman and mother to our children. She is the backbone to our family and without her we'd all be lost, she has her moments but it is because of those moments that I truly love her. We're expecting our first child together in November and we're both very happy about the expected arrival. I love and adore her, hopefully she knows and appreciates how much through my words and my actions.

My Dad was extremely abusive to both my mother and I when I was growing up, I finally lashed back at him and hospitalized him when I was 17. After moving out and starting my own family I found my relationship with him to be strained, five years have now past and I've found that we're slowly developing a healthier relationship where neither of us are in fear of the other. We've worked on a few projects together that didn't involve us fighting, smoked a few cigars together, and handled some issues with my siblings he wanted my advice on. He's no longer abusive but the stigma of when he was lingers.

My Mom was very immature, never there growing up for myself and my siblings. She popped pills and drank to deal with my dad being abusive and cheating on her. She didn't grow up until about 3 years in any manner that could remotely be considered mature. My relationship with her has always been much more of a friend than as a parent. I was responsible for her until she grew more independent and as such, even now, she'll come to me for advice and such. When I was 17 we were living on our own after I moved out of my dad's house and she wanted to move in with her boyfriend (they are now married) so she came to me and asked me for permission to do so. Since my grandfather passed away a little over a year ago I've inherited head of the Martiniez household, which entails the entire family coming to me for permission on matters such as getting married/divorced/ect. I don't find it necessary but my family is borderline nostalgic with carrying on this tradition.

My step-dad and I have a very good relationship. One of my closest friends, we have a ton in common which may or may not stem from the fact we were born on the same day. Sharing a birthday is convenient and we rarely butt heads on what we do. We don't have to use a lot of words to fully convey our meaning on situations. He is more prudish than I am yet he makes gay jokes constantly. Witty and funny I have very little negative things to say about him. He was formally a meth addict and dealer, got arrested, cleaned up his act, and is now co-owner of a local computer repair shop, I assist there as needed though usually they handle everything just fine.

My sister MacKenzie, she is the next oldest out of us kids. She is 21 now, we're 18 months apart, and a hot headed red head (Strawberry Blonde really). Together we raised the next 3 in line until our parents got their shit together, the kids still listen to us before they'll listen to our parents and that has a large portion to do with how MacKenzie raised them. She is now a proud mother of my niece Kaylen and works full time. For a single mom she really has a lot going on; parenting, working, and college all on a daily basis. She is EXTREMELY crazy and the most likely to flip out on someone, usually resulting in her needing bailed out of jail. I was only arrested once while at school where as she was arrested three times while at school. She is definitely a wild child though she is slowly calming down as she gets older.

My sister Rebecca is now 16, gorgeous and funny. She was the middle child out of the kids my parents had together, fierce and strong willed it's rare for her to cry. She is a proud virgin and a casual stoner. Out of all of my siblings I am closest to her despite the fact we don't have a whole lot in common. If someone threatens our siblings she is normally the first to their defense. While though this doesn't seem like a bad thing it's given her a bit of a bad name for beating up bullies. She has a lot of lesbian friends and despite MacKenzie and I jesting her about being lesbian she is clearly straight.

My brother Daniel is 14 and exactly 8 years younger than me. He was born on my 8th birthday and despite us having a lot in common in terms of likes and interests we're not all that close. He's at that awkward age where he feels he needs to prove himself yet he's still very hormonal and snappy. He's now taller than me so it makes it difficult for me to maintain that I am a dominant male over him because he feels his height signifies dominance, he's since learned otherwise. My grandfather and dad have both been trying to convince me to take him out back and whoop him so that it stifles his aggressiveness towards me for at least a few more years, with how he's filling out he already outclasses me as a fighter but I have nine years of experience in MMA and various boxing styles that he lacks, so it's not as though I would lose in a fight against him but... he's my brother and I don't want to hurt him.

My sister JoAnn is... complicated, she is 13 but she is off in her own little world inside her head. It's been that way since before she was talking and it remains consistent through today. JoAnn and I aren't incredibly close but there are some games and books we both both enjoy that we can discuss. She absolutely LOVES anime and is a huge fangirl of My Little Pony.While though we're not really that close there is still a lot of love and respect between us.

My brother Zack is 12, he's my step-dads son, while though Zack and I have had a lot of issues in the past (Stemming from the fact his parents spoil him rotten) we're now getting along much better. Playing videogames or discussing books. If only I could find a way to motivate him to do his homework...

Then my dad had Emma, Lily, and Elijah.

My sister Emma is 4, my daughter Jill is 4, and my daughter Trinity is 3, my sister Lily is 2, my niece Kaylen is 2, and my brother Elijah is 12 weeks old.

Edited by Yung, 17 July 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Emma is 4, my daughter Trinity is 3, Lily is 2, my niece Kaylen is 1, and Elijah is 12 weeks old.

Kaylen is two. She just had her birthday, remember?

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Kaylen is two. She just had her birthday, remember?

Ah yes, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users