• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Many of us enjoy reading Webcomics, what are some of the one's that you read and why do you read them? Is there anything you could tell someone before they start reading it?

If anyone has any questions or comments about my selection please feel free to ask/comment about it.

Here is my Top 10 11 list:

#.1: Phoenix Rising
Spoiler

#.2: Least I Could Do:
Spoiler

#.3: Goblins

Spoiler

(The touching tale of when Goblins become Adventurers and begin leveling up in this MMO style series)

#.4: Misfile

Spoiler

(This is the story of an Angel... who screws up because he was stoned and changes a boy into a girl and loses another girl's 2 years of life. All because of a Misfile. It's actually pretty funny and updates 5 days a week, Mon-Fri, with hardly any filler work.)

#.5: Two Kinds

Spoiler

(Twokinds is one of those that you really need to just sit down and read through in a single sitting. It doesn't update regularly so when you reach the end then just wait a couple months before returning. This is the story of Trace, who was a Kiedran hater turned Kiedran lover. Funny, good story overall, worth reading.)

#.6: Ménage à 3

Spoiler

(This is the story of three room mates and the hilarious sexually awkward position they often find themselves in. This is definitely NSFW though very funny. There is a lot of bi-sexual stuff in this one so there is stuff for guys and girls to enjoy.)

#.7: Flipside

Spoiler

(This is one that's gonna take you awhile to get through, updates fairly often and is the story of Maytag, her lesbian partner, their friend Chase, and several other prominent side characters. This is quite the read but as a fair warning there is a LOT of filler content which really takes away from the story.)

#.8: School Bites

Spoiler

(This comic is a little harder to describe, girly in content so be prepared for that. Vampire school where the pupils are taught the ways of the night, think Hogwarts for Vampires and you'll get the idea.)

#.9: Eerie Cuties

Spoiler

(This is another supernatural highschool series though in my opinion not as much of a drab as the School Bites losing out only due to graphics. Be sure to read through this one before beginning the next.)

#,10: Magick Chicks (Eerie Cuties Spinoff Series)

Spoiler

(In all fairness this comic can hold its own but there is a lot of cross over between Eerie Cuties and this comic, some characters that didn't have a chance to shine in Eerie Cuties get good character development here and vice versa.)

#.11: Grrl Power

Spoiler

(There isn't a lot to be said here, it's fairly new and doesn't update often enough to be really gripping. It has a lot of potential though so stay tuned?)

Edited by Yung, 16 October 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Don't use the acronym tag. Sheesh.

#3 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

I only follow Feel Afraid constantly, the author's art style is amazing. Title is self explanatory and the webcomic ends up with humorous results.

Posted Image

#4 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

The only webcomics I read is Homestuck (http://www.mspaintad...ve&s=6&p=001901) and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff (http://www.mspaintad...roandhellajeff/) ^^

It's basically.. mmm.. Four kids play a video game that changes the world around them in lots of different ways, and meet all kinds of friends, problems and tragedies while playing it! The plot is pretty thick and kind of confusing (and Acts 1 - 3 are very slow), but it's still great~ But avoid the fanbase at all costs :V (the fanart for it is pretty awesome though!)

#5 Riki1995

Riki1995
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Buttersafe is one of my favorites. It doesn't really have a story, but Ray and Alex do make good funnies.

Posted Image

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Buttersafe is one of my favorites. It doesn't really have a story, but Ray and Alex do make good funnies.

Spoiler

That one actually looks pretty entertaining tbh.

#7 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Spoiler

Haha that's brilliant I love daft shit like that.

Have any of you seen The Perry Bible Fellowship? Their crap is so funny I bought the big album of all of it xD

http://pbfcomics.com/

Some of my favourites
Spoiler

Oh god I want to list them all :p

Edited by trizzle, 14 May 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

I wanted to do the same thing with Least I Could Do, I mean really there is just so much that is absolutely hilarious but it's best to read through for the story line. It may seem nonexistent but it is there I promise.

#9 Riki1995

Riki1995
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Have any of you seen The Perry Bible Fellowship? Their crap is so funny I bought the big album of all of it xD

Haha, I love PBF.

One of my favorites:

Spoiler

If only job interviews were that easy.

#10 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Haha, I love PBF.

One of my favorites:

Spoiler

If only job interviews were that easy.

Ahhaha i love that one and this one too:

Spoiler

I only follow Feel Afraid constantly, the author's art style is amazing. Title is self explanatory and the webcomic ends up with humorous results.

Posted Image

That's so cuuute :D

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

This is one of my all time favorites from Least I Could Do:

Posted Image

Anyone who has ever played ODST will understand. :)

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

My list is this

1)Questionable Content
An hilarious comic about an average guy who is just trying to get through his life. A slight twist is that AntroPC's (Basically, robots) exist alongside humans. Has a lot of hilarious scenarios that will leave you laughing for hours, while still having a great plot line.

Spoiler

Spoiler

2)Dr. Mcninja

A hilarious story about a doctor who is also a ninja. Filled with awesome moves, and an insanely ridiculous plot, it is very very enjoyable. (Try, Mexican bandits riding raptors and robbing people for one of the series)

Spoiler

Spoiler

3)Penny-Arcade

A decent comic about video games and the like. Some of them are really hilarious, some of them are miss and hit. There isn't a plot, they are just comics about video games.

Spoiler

Posted Image[/spoiler]

Edited by iargue, 14 May 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#13 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

iargue your list is all kinds of screwed up.

#14 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Some of my favourites

Spoiler

perry bible felllowship is the indisputable shit! Where did you get that shitashi one? I have never seen it before...

E: nevermind, it's on the list I guess I missed it...

#15 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Anyone remember the comic that had a little girl that got raped by her dad like daily?

It was posted on Codex but I forgot the name of it. lol

#16 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Anyone remember the comic that had a little girl that got raped by her dad like daily?

It was posted on Codex but I forgot the name of it. lol

That was me! ... the guy who posted it...it's called Clarissa, it's an actual comic though not a web series.

http://www.neocodex....so-theres-this/

#17 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

#1. Penny Arcade, though iargue already posted it

#2. Drew and Natalie's Comics
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/
http://www.nataliedee.com/

#3. Rice Boy!
Rice Boy is complete, the one he is working on now is called "Vattu" and it's amazing. Order of Tales is also pretty good, but nothing beats Rice Boy.
http://www.rice-boy.com/

There are a few more I've looked at over the years, but I find myself checking these almost every day.

edit: also can't forget Cyanide and Happiness, but that's probably an obvious one

Edited by Kats, 14 May 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#18 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

That was me! ... the guy who posted it...it's called Clarissa, it's an actual comic though not a web series.

http://www.neocodex....so-theres-this/

That was pretty disturbing. Those have been in circulation for how long now?

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

That was pretty disturbing. Those have been in circulation for how long now?

No idea, but it is a series. I haven't yet found all the other issues. I managed to find the source website once but you had to pay for the comics...

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I much prefer totally free one's that I can sit there and read through the whole series up to current.

Posted Image

+Rep for anyone who actually knows the name of the book Rayne is holding here.

Answer:
Spoiler

Daily dosage of Least I Could Do:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

I WAS GONNA GET THAT, YUNG.

It's from Evil Dead. Scariest movie I have ever seen. I hate it, so bad.

#22 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

I would have guessed the Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter :p

#23 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I would have guessed the Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter :p

That is like a kitten. A cute fuzzy kitten, compared to Necronomicon. Necronomicon causes -shudders- tree rape. And creepy laughing girls.

#24 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

That is like a kitten. A cute fuzzy kitten, compared to Necronomicon. Necronomicon causes -shudders- tree rape. And creepy laughing girls.

O_o That sounds disturbing. Trees can rape people now? I thought only Ents could do that (and they wouldn't because they're awesome, also their tree-dicks would not fit into humans :p )

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Ents were more or less in Evil Dead only much less amazing and awesome.

I want a pet Ent now... new Neopet idea maybe? They're Neopets so why can't we have a plant species?

Has anyone here read By The Book? Was it any good?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users