More Abrosia Proxy Questions

Abrosia proxy multiple accounts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hello again, a few more questions about this program... I've looked around forums and it seems most people use Abrosia without a proxy or using a free proxy, so I couldn't find many answers. Was planning to upgrade to an advanced account once I was comfortable with the program but I keep running into the same problems. I suck with programs, even though my boyfriend is a programmer..uff :ph34r:

Anyways. I use many different accounts, each with their own high speed proxy, and I like to keep those accounts as disconnected and clean as possible since most of them have been alive over 9-10 years and never frozen once. My first question is- how can I tell the if proxy I assigned to a username is actually working? I use the "Test Proxy Server" setting, which always says they are working fine, but I'm a bit concerned that if the proxy randomly starts refusing connections (happens very rarely, but it happens still maybe once a week for a few minutes with certain providers), does Abrosia stop/alert me/error/etc...? Or would it start running off of my real IP?

Second question, while I run Abrosia, sometimes it freezes on "Visiting shop id..(etc, etc..)" in the middle of everything, and when I try to stop, it gets stuck on "Stopping...". When this happens I have tested the proxy in use at the time, which is always working fine. I have tried restarting Abrosia, restarting the program manager, and reinstalling- I don't use premium (on those accounts at least), and the various proxies it happens on come from a variety of providers. I get no error or anything, it just freezes while visiting a shop (any shop). Any idea what causes this/how to fix it? Usually happens 2-3 times a day on different accounts/proxies.

And last question (well, group of questions) is about the proxy inputs, and kind of ties into the first question. On the login settings, where you input your user info, there is a prompt for a proxy to use in conjunction with that username. There is also a proxy input for the Web Settings in each program, which asks if you'd like to use a proxy for all page requests. Because I'm so paranoid, I usually make sure my Web Settings proxy is correct first, then I check the proxy for my user, and then I log in after tweaking the info to match each time and testing the proxy under the Web Settings tab. This really confuses me :noway: ... and it's a bit of a hassle scrolling a long list of usernames and proxies every time I switch accounts just to tweak the Web Settings (and, if I use more than just Abrosia, I have to go through whatever other programs web settings and change them to match also). So, I was wondering, which proxy does it read first? Is leaving the Web Settings blank and simply including a proxy with your username/login info enough? Do I need to keep both matching like I've been doing? I'm very paranoid about ever having any of my IPs touch a wrong account, but if it really is safe and stable to use an IP with just the login info and not the web settings, it would save me a lot of time. The only reason I have been using both, is because of the Test Proxy button, which gives me a small sense of security

Annnd my Abrosia just froze on visiting shop again :>

Sorry for the long post, but hope someone can help me :wub: Thanks~

#2 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Oh hey, my boyfriend's brother's name is Tokio

I haven't used Abrosia in nearly two months so I don't remember well enough to help you with your proxy related questions, but;

Second question, while I run Abrosia, sometimes it freezes on "Visiting shop id..(etc, etc..)" in the middle of everything, and when I try to stop, it gets stuck on "Stopping...". When this happens I have tested the proxy in use at the time, which is always working fine. I have tried restarting Abrosia, restarting the program manager, and reinstalling...

Does the program continue to not work even after restarting Abrosia/the PM/reinstalling, or does that issue just continue to appear?

#3 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Restarting the program manager/Abrosia fixes that particular incident of freezing, but the issue still continues to happen randomly throughout the day. Reinstalling doesn't help either, it always happens a few times a day no matter what I do :(

#4 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Restarting the program manager/Abrosia fixes that particular incident of freezing, but the issue still continues to happen randomly throughout the day. Reinstalling doesn't help either, it always happens a few times a day no matter what I do :(

From what I've experienced, the cause of that is usually your internet, although I suppose it could also occur if you're running multiple programs and stuff (which can slow down your computer), but I can run 3 program managers and a shit ton of browsers/tabs/other programs with no problem :p

If the problem isn't your internet then idunno, but the problem shouldn't lie in the program.

Edited by Rainie, 21 May 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#5 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've been monitoring my internet since this started happening, and I'm pretty sure it isn't that :ohwell: My internet is really fast, and my proxies are extremely low latency. I also play a lot of MMO's and don't experience any hiccups in gameplay, with or without a proxy. I'll be upgrading to the highest speed internet in 2 days though, maybe that will fix it u__u

I'm pretty sure it isn't how many programs I run either, since this is my monster computer which I use for 3D modelling and rendering, it can handle a massive load and it processes everything in a blink. I'll try cutting down a few programs to see if it fixes, though.

Also off topic, but wasn't aware you could run multiple program managers :S Probably shouldn't try until I fix this freezing problem, but for future reference how do you do that? Do you use multiple logins, or something like creating multiple shortcuts and adding command lines to the target? Or run them through another program like Sandboxie? Thanks for the replies btw :lol:

Edited by Tokio, 21 May 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Abrosia, proxy, multiple, accounts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users