Photo

Runnin the proxy as your own IP?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aethaeran

Aethaeran
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Okay so here's my problem. I'm currently playing a game called 'Fallen Earth'. Unfortunately I get dc'd fairly often. My way to work around this is to use a program called 'Hotspot Shield'. Now I don't pretend to know how proxies work exactly. All I really know is it hides my IP from the internet etc etc. But yea I use it and I don't get disconnected anymore. HOORAY!

The problem is Abrosia hates it. Always shows 0 items in shop when it's on. I read a post somewhere else that said it's probably because that information is lost somewhere due to the weak-ass proxy program.

But I also don't really like running through proxies for Abrosia as I AB on my main (quite conservatively mind you), and I don't want TNT to think somethings up.

So I was wondering if I could somehow use my own IP as a proxy via the program manager? so that I can AB while 'Hotspot Shield' is on, and so that Neopets will think I'm doing it through my IP.

Like I said I don't pretend to know a lot about proxies. Sorry if this is all nonsense

#2 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

The short answer is that there is nothing easy to setup to fix this issue.

Hotspot shield sends all of your data through another computer (aka, poxying) and so everything on your local computer goes through this proxy. Any data at all that you want to send out, including trying to use a second proxy, first goes through this proxy and then to your second proxy. In effect, whatever you do will still go through Hotspot sheild's proxy.

If hotspot shield has a method for allowing exceptions for programs, that would be your best bet. Otherwise, you would need to turn hotspotsheild off.

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

So I was wondering if I could somehow use my own IP as a proxy via the program manager? so that I can AB while 'Hotspot Shield' is on, and so that Neopets will think I'm doing it through my IP.

Try using MMIP Anonymity and open fallen earth with it.

http://www.maskmyip.com/Purchase.html

Then, only the program itself will be running using a proxy.

Then run the program manager by itself.
I can help with a free copy of the program if you want.

Edit: Is it a browser based game? Or program?

Edited by Pikachuu, 24 May 2012 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users