Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] A Newbie's guide to making a Score Sender list and avoiding the review scores

score sender score sending score sender list guide newbie making list neopets

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

POPULAR POST!

First: you'll need the following:

Second: How your list should look like:
This section will explain the basics and what a list is composed of, normally a list would look like this:
Attached File  list.png   5.5KB   347 downloads
So what does everything mean? Simple:
  • Game ID: this is normally found in the game page's URL, it is the last 3-4 digits Attached File  GAME ID.png   309.88KB   411 downloads
  • Score: this is the range of acceptable scores you're score sender is allowed to send, most senders accept ranges however if yours do not just put in a discrete value. Choosing your score value will be discussed later on this guide.
  • Time: like the score this is the range of time your sender is allowed to wait till it sends the game's score, if yours does not accept ranges just put a discrete value. These times are recorded in seconds. Choosing your time will also be discussed later on this guide.
  • Mod: this is the multiplies of which the game's score can be, so if a game is a mod 10 that means you can only score (10, 20, 30, 40, etc...) on it, a score of 42 would be impossible and if you sumbit such a score it is as if you are asking for an instant freeze. Games of Mod:1 (Meaning you can send any score provided that it does not go over the review score) don't have the "Mod" section written next to them, most games on neopets are a Mod:1.
If you are too lazy to create your own list, a list generator can do all this for you, however there are a few points you need to pay attention to; score list generators can give you overly high scores that will get you instantly reviewed and frozen, same goes for Mods not all Mods are recorded into score list generators thus why you should always check the safe scores before sending (this will be discussed later on).

Third: Choose your games
Choose the easy games (Example: Turmac Roll) such that achieving a 1k score in it is not impossible, usually those are the games neopets users go for and play almost daily, making you appear normal and less suspicious. Most users know what games to choose, however if you do not here are a few ways to help you:

• Find a "100k a day guide" (Example:Thedailyneopets.com). Those are normally addressed to non-cheating users thus why the scores in them are almost always achievable by the average user.
  • Choose from the "popular section" in the games room
  • Choose the games labeled "easy" or "medium" from the games section
Fourth: Choose your scores
Now that you know how to pick your games there are a few things you need to pay attention to when choosing your scores:
  • The review and maximum scores: some of the review scores are known and can be found throughout the forums, though unfortunately most lists are outdated so here is a way to try to keep yourself safe.
    - Choose a game, I chose Hasee Bounce for an example.
    - Go to your score list generator and see the score needed for a range of 700-1,000 Np. For Hasee Bounce it's
    Attached File  score list.png   2.94KB   475 downloads
    - Now check the game's high scores page
    - Check the minimum score needed to be on the high score list
    Attached File  min score.png   74.76KB   405 downloads
    - Now compare both scores. For 1K in Hasee Bounce you need to get a score of 353, which is relatively way below 495. So you're safe.
    - I normally keep a recognizable difference between the minimum score needed to reach the high score board and the one I submit, that difference depends on the game itself, for example if the game's scores is in the level of thousands I normally keep a 500-700 difference score, if it's in the level of hundreds I keep a 100-150 difference. Don't be greedy it might lead to your downfall, and be logical.
    - If your score sender does not accept ranges try to vary with your scores, sending all scores to get you an exact of 1K is suspicious, be satsfied with 800-900 Np it is not that much of a big difference. For example in Hasee Bounce send 335, 326, 350 instead of making sending all 353.
  • Score Mods: most mods are recorded into the list generators, however some are not thus why I'd recommend checking. There are two ways to figure out a game's mod, the simplest is playing the game, the second is checking the highscore table and seeing if there is a pattern. For example while checking Jubble Bubble's table you'd notice that all scores end in 0's or 5's then it must mean that this game is a Mod:5. Attached File  highscore mod table.png   128.36KB   267 downloads

The most common mods are Mod:2, Mod:5 and Mod:10. NOTICE: Pay attention to Meerca chase, it's tricky for it is a Mod:18.
Fifth: Choosing your time
The most reilable way to choose your time, is to play the game and estimate how long it will take you to achieve the score you will sumbit. If you are lazy you can always just reach quarter/half of that score and multiply by 2/4 then choose an appriorate range accordingly, again if your score sender does not accept ranges vary with the times.

Now if you are really lazy, just ask your score list generator to do that job for you. Normally I'd set my times to 300-500 seconds (5-8 min) yes it does take some time but it keeps you safe. But again be logical some games like "Kass Basher" would take no more than 60-90 seconds to play, while some games like "Destruct-O-Match" would take a lot more. Finally, don't set all your games to the same range, vary with every few tens.

Finally: run the program
Now that you've chosen your games, your scores, your times, run the program and leave it to work it's magic.

Tips
I have nothing new to add here, I'll pretty much say the obvious in this section. You want your score sender to appear as human as possible, thus why I'll say this again vary your scores and times. Add new games to your list, take away some games, achieving a good score in a few hard games is acceptable but achieving those high scores in ALL of them will obviously look suspicious.
If your score sender supports a proxy, use it.
Don't leave your score sender running for ungodly hours, everyone needs sleep.

I hope that I have helped, thanks for reading.

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

yay

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Edited by Pikachuu, 28 May 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#4 gooser

gooser
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the guide :D. Just out of curiosity, how much does the usual player make with a SS every day?

#5 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

I think an average gamer would make around 50k-75k, a dedicated one could make up to 100k. A lot use scoresenders and make up to 200k-300k a day without getting caught. I, however, send around 100k daily, sometimes 50k so that it won't get too suspicious. On "scores galore weekend" I go up to 200k.

#6 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I approve of this thread. ^_^

#7 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Lol xD. Oh you, sLaughter.

#8 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

A score sender (Obviously)

Any specific SS you recommend? Should I use the one in program manager, asking since I have never used the SS feature there. New to SS.

#9 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

A score sender (Obviously)

Any specific SS you recommend? Should I use the one in program manager, asking since I have never used the SS feature there. New to SS.

I'd recommend Majin's score sender it's free and easy to use.

#10 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'd recommend Majin's score sender it's free and easy to use.

Awesome, going to look for it now. I have been sitting for hours with YYB. I cant bear to sit and AOB SOSD again. Thanks!

#11 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Majin's SS doesn't work for the altador games sadly :(

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Added to the Neocodex Guide Directory as In Depth Score Sending Guide for Beginners in the Neocodex Cheating Guides Section.

#13 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Oh cool :D

#14 Smexyy

Smexyy
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for posting, going to try this soon

#15 sweden

sweden
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for the guide mate .)

#16 deloxon

deloxon
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

The list maker is outdated though, wrong ratios

#17 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

NICE guide. thanks for sharing with us.

#18 angelsings

angelsings
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

One question though, do you just upload the SSL into the program and run them all at once? or you actually send one game's score at a time?
Cuz I think it's strange for a person to continously sending game scores (or playing games) non stop, even the game playing time is being considered.

Thanks =)

Edited by angelsings, 19 October 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#19 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I normally upload them the whole list with an hour break every few games

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Why would someone do that?

#21 Star86

Star86
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Very helpful. Many thanks.

#22 MissSwagHard

MissSwagHard
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Should we set a limit to how many games we actually have in our list? And if so, how many should we have in each score send list to still look like a human playing games? I know it would be inhuman to have 84 different games in a list.  Even if a score for the game was only sent once.

Edited by MissSwagHard, 01 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#23 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for this guide! I'm getting scores and times manually so they're realistic. I'll be sure to be careful. No more rep for today, quota reached :(

#24 nelsontan

nelsontan
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

NIce guide. really helpful.

#25 BEDDOEDv

BEDDOEDv
  • 287 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

defo worth tring this out, well put together boss

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: score sender, score sending, score sender list, guide, newbie, making list, neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users