Photo

Would you buy neopoints?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 SilverFox

SilverFox
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

A while ago I discovered those sites where you can buy neopoints/items/pets. Of course I knew people did that sort of thing, but I always wondered why you would spend hard earned cash when you could just use cheating programs.
Anyway, would you or do you buy neopoints? Curious to hear everyone's opinions.

#2 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

A large portion of people on this site do in fact buy NP. They would never buy from the sites that appear on google. You can get NP elsewhere for much cheaper in general.

#3 CharmingMarshmallows

CharmingMarshmallows
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, I'd buy and have bought. It's not really wrong to spend money on NPs. Besides that TNT has rules against it. But who cares XD

Same as spending money on a hobby. :p

Edited by CharmingMarshmallows, 29 May 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#4 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I've contemplated it a couple of times C: But I don't have a paypal or a western union or anything. Which is a good thing I guess cos I buy enough crap already.

It's a booming business though. I've seen people pay like $600-900 for a super attack pea. That is some seriously nice cash for a clump of pixels!

#5 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

I would buy depending on the person, and if they are trusted or not, now TNT made some "shortcuts" it's the same, buying from them, that buying from other people that may need it more.

#6 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

I probably would If I had any really cash...Unemployment sucks :(

#7 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I don't, I sell them.

#8 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I've been tempted at times... until my account gets frozen then I'm like good thing I didn't! Haha

#9 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

I would if I trusted it.

The one time I bought np, I bought from a trusted seller here and got frozen a week later. Being largely legit, I was really pissed because I had tons of hard to find gallery items and a bunch of pets named after actual neopian characters. :p I trusted them to tell me what was the safest way to transfer the money, etc. and informed them this was the first non-legit thing I would be doing and really don't want to get frozen. So, needless to say, I've been deterred from ever buying np again but I guess I have no one to blame but myself.

Just giving details of my personal experience, not trying to bad mouth anyone or NC.

Edited by Gorix, 29 May 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#10 Cythose

Cythose
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I think this question comes up a lot in MMO's but basically some people rather spend time working in real life than being online trying to earn Neopoints weather it be Legit/Illegit. Not everyone thinks of joining a cheating site, and some just believe it's safer to buy Neopoints from those rather expensive sites.

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

I have.

Problem is, once they flag your account you are as good as frozen xD
Just be careful who you buy from.

#12 SilverFox

SilverFox
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Great to hear some input guys. It's kind of fun browsing through the sites that show up on google just to see what things try to be sold for - I'm looking at a SuAP that's listed for over $4000 :p I can see why you'd never want to trust places like that.

Maybe if I'm ever in a financial pinch I'll try selling.

#13 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I would if I trusted it.

The one time I bought np, I bought from a trusted seller here and got frozen a week later. Being largely legit, I was really pissed because I had tons of hard to find gallery items and a bunch of pets named after actual neopian characters. :p I trusted them to tell me what was the safest way to transfer the money, etc. and informed them this was the first non-legit thing I would be doing and really don't want to get frozen. So, needless to say, I've been deterred from ever buying np again but I guess I have no one to blame but myself.

Just giving details of my personal experience, not trying to bad mouth anyone or NC.

If you buy NP you should get it sent to a shell first to avoid this situation.

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hell, no. It's pixels. I have other things I'd rather spend money on.

#15 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Its about knowing WHAT kind of items are safe to buy. Many of the common ets items you see people selling trigger automatic flags when sold irregularly. For example, the fact people still buy and sell HT Swords and GBombs is mind numbing, but those are only a few of the various items that should never be transfered illegitimately.

Edited by ch33psh33p, 29 May 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#16 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Its about knowing WHAT kind of items are safe to buy. Many of the common ets items you see people selling trigger automatic flags when sold irregularly. For example, the fact people still buy and sell HT Swords and GBombs is mind numbing, but those are only a few of the various items that should never be transfered illegitimately.

Oh how I've missed you.

#17 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

This is something I've been largely unaware of, since most of our current NP laundering guides recommend ETS such as the HT swords for transferring. Does this only apply if you sell NPs to a large number of accounts? I can see how it'd be suspicious if you're constantly sending HT items to different accounts, but it seems the occasional gift here and there between two "legit looking" accounts wouldn't raise as many red flags. I am, of course, not an expert in these things.

#18 blergh

blergh
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

doesn't buying a subscription to enable you to cheat better technically count as buying neopoints? if so, then many of the people here are buying np lol. as for those other sites, I bought from one of them once before I found out that np is much cheaper coming from a site like this. it could be more risky depending on the trader, but if you're smart it shouldn't be a problem

#19 xuelgo

xuelgo
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Where would one buy neopoints anyways? Most of the top hits on Google seem like guaranteed freezes.

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

I would never buy neopoints from sites like lutari.net etc as theyre blatant rip offs. There are plenty of people here who can help you out.

#21 Hush

Hush
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

I don't feel addicted enough to buy nps with real money honestly.

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

99.9% of the neopoint selling websites get their stock from stolen accounts so you really shouldn't buy from them at all.

#23 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've stumbled upon a few websites in the past, but the rates there are atrocious

#24 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

If you buy NP you should get it sent to a shell first to avoid this situation.

And for people with 5 accounts who are 99.9% legit and don't have shells? :p
I also asked the seller this sort of stuff and they told me it wasn't necessary.

As I said, I trusted them since they had a high trader rating. Live and learn, still doesn't make me any less angry. Lol

#25 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

And for people with 5 accounts who are 99.9% legit and don't have shells? :p

Then its their own damn fault for not covering their asses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users