NeoCodex Member Locations Thread

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#226 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

i live in singapore so i one of rare asian member in here. :)

we have a lot of asian people here.

#227 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

we have a lot of asian people here.

I thought we were all white.

#228 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

I thought we were all white.

CZf19jL.png

#229 TaylorTruck

TaylorTruck
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

United States, North Carolina, Wilmington

#230 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

United States, North Carolina, Wilmington

@TaylorTruck

Another North Carolinian? I am in Charlotte, and my dad isn't too far away as he is in North Myrtle Beach. Welcome.

#231 TaylorTruck

TaylorTruck
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:11 AM

@talbs

I'm from NY originally, and relocated here about two years ago. Its a lot nicer than NY in my opinion, haha.

Edited by TaylorTruck, 11 April 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#232 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

@talbs

I'm from NY originally, and relocated here about two years ago. Its a lot nicer than NY in my opinion, haha.

I love the area. I come down to Carolina Beach/Wrightsville a few times a year. I'd love to live there.

#233 TaylorTruck

TaylorTruck
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I love the area. I come down to Carolina Beach/Wrightsville a few times a year. I'd love to live there.

Its pretty nice, once you get used to the rain and the shoddy drivers. I've been here two years, and we've had three vehicles get hit while they were parked in our allotted parking spots, and me and my Husband have been ran over once, also in our parking lot. We actually just had someone back up onto the hood of our civic like it was a ramp, because he "couldnt see that it was there in his lifted truck."

I've yet to go anywhere near Charlotte yet, but we've been through the Raleigh area a few times. 

#234 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

I'm an Oregonian. Or-Eh-Gonian. Many people pronounce it wrong. Ore-Gun is the "way." No need to over-emphasize the "e."

Very near the Portland area. Been here my entire life. Couldn't leave Oregon and I've tried. I always come back. I love it here too much.

Edited by majestictuna, 12 April 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#235 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

I've yet to go anywhere near Charlotte yet, but we've been through the Raleigh area a few times. 

You haven't missed anything. If it wasn't for the most opportunities job wise being here, I'd be out in an instant.

#236 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

UK, North East

Durham for those who know the north east :p

#237 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

Probably not the best place to put this, but as I had to refer to this topic to see member locations, it seems appropriate.

I am going to visit DC in August and I have a few questions. I am most likely staying in Arlington, unless suggestions lead me elsewhere. Basically I want to know if I should just stick to the Metro, or if it's worth trying to figure out the Bus schedule, or should I consider Uber/Lyft as a solid alternative? I am going to be there 2-3 days so what would you recommend as "must do/sees" while I am there? I went when I was 16 with my school so I have seen the larger attractions, and I went about 5 years ago on my own and pretty much just walked around the National Mall. I'd like to experience as much as I can in the relatively short time frame I will have, likely 12 PM on a given Saturday until 6 PM on Monday.

@Bone @redlion @Kord

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#238 Inky

Inky
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:48 AM

I live in North Carolina! Not very interesting, but I do hope to travel. I'd like to teach English abroad for a few years for a change of scenery :)

#239 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

I live in North Carolina! Not very interesting, but I do hope to travel. I'd like to teach English abroad for a few years for a change of scenery :)

What part?

#240 Inky

Inky
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

What part?

I'd rather not post my city, but I live close to Fayetteville / Fort Bragg. I hate Fayetteville, though, and avoid it like the plague :p

#241 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

I'd rather not post my city, but I live close to Fayetteville / Fort Bragg. I hate Fayetteville, though, and avoid it like the plague :p

Yeah that's not my favorite part of the state either. I have lived in the Piedmont/Charlotte area my whole life, except for 5 years in Boone.

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#242 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

Probably not the best place to put this, but as I had to refer to this topic to see member locations, it seems appropriate.

I am going to visit DC in August and I have a few questions. I am most likely staying in Arlington, unless suggestions lead me elsewhere. Basically I want to know if I should just stick to the Metro, or if it's worth trying to figure out the Bus schedule, or should I consider Uber/Lyft as a solid alternative? I am going to be there 2-3 days so what would you recommend as "must do/sees" while I am there? I went when I was 16 with my school so I have seen the larger attractions, and I went about 5 years ago on my own and pretty much just walked around the National Mall. I'd like to experience as much as I can in the relatively short time frame I will have, likely 12 PM on a given Saturday until 6 PM on Monday.

@Bone @redlion @Kord

The Smithsonian is worth a visit.

I would probably hit up Dog Fish Head for some (killer) drinks and food. If you're looking for night life, Black Cat and U Street Music hall were two of my haunts. I'm trying to remember the name of the smaller place I saw Phantogram at... I don't think it was Black Cat.

As far as transit goes, stick to the metro and uber if you are going way out off the rail lines. Buses are a whole other hassle you don't want to deal with.

I guess I should mention that I no longer live in DC :p Never properly lived there anyway, I lived in Fairfax. So my opinion would probably be thrown out by any DC native. If you can find one. No one is actually from DC.

#243 pancakemachine

pancakemachine
  • 60 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

USA,Indiana,Indianapolis 

#244 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

The Smithsonian is worth a visit.

I would probably hit up Dog Fish Head for some (killer) drinks and food. If you're looking for night life, Black Cat and U Street Music hall were two of my haunts. I'm trying to remember the name of the smaller place I saw Phantogram at... I don't think it was Black Cat.

As far as transit goes, stick to the metro and uber if you are going way out off the rail lines. Buses are a whole other hassle you don't want to deal with.

I guess I should mention that I no longer live in DC :p Never properly lived there anyway, I lived in Fairfax. So my opinion would probably be thrown out by any DC native. If you can find one. No one is actually from DC.

I knew it had been a while since this was updated, but I figured a person with some experience trumps no opinions at all. I imagine everything I want to see will be accessible via the metro, but I wanted to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I am only about a 6 hour drive away, so I can and likely will visit again to see things I miss out on. I really want to see a Nationals game and I don't think that will happen this trip. Also, Book of Mormon is at the Kennedy Center but I don't think I'll have the time to squeeze it in either.

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#245 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

The Smithsonian is worth a visit.I would probably hit up Dog Fish Head for some (killer) drinks and food. If you're looking for night life, Black Cat and U Street Music hall were two of my haunts. I'm trying to remember the name of the smaller place I saw Phantogram at... I don't think it was Black Cat.As far as transit goes, stick to the metro and uber if you are going way out off the rail lines. Buses are a whole other hassle you don't want to deal with.I guess I should mention that I no longer live in DC :p Never properly lived there anyway, I lived in Fairfax. So my opinion would probably be thrown out by any DC native. If you can find one. No one is actually from DC.

Yooo Fairfax represent. I was born and raised there.

I honestly love the DC metro. It's generally pretty clean and I've never had a problem getting where I needed to go. There was a station close to my house in Falls Church that I hopped on a lot to visit the city.

#246 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yooo Fairfax represent. I was born and raised there.

I honestly love the DC metro. It's generally pretty clean and I've never had a problem getting where I needed to go. There was a station close to my house in Falls Church that I hopped on a lot to visit the city.

I really would like to live/work there, but it's not in the cards at the moment. For what it's worth, when I went in 2011 I was staying with a friend who lived in Vienna, and I took the metro then without issue, I just didn't know if I should fool with the buses and it appears I shouldn't.

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#247 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

I really would like to live/work there, but it's not in the cards at the moment. For what it's worth, when I went in 2011 I was staying with a friend who lived in Vienna, and I took the metro then without issue, I just didn't know if I should fool with the buses and it appears I shouldn't.

I've never really taken the bus in DC because I always had a better transportation option but it shouldn't be too bad. It's cheaper than an Uber and probably not as much of a hassle as getting underground for the metro. What all are you planning to see while you're there?

#248 Inky

Inky
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

Yeah that's not my favorite part of the state either. I have lived in the Piedmont/Charlotte area my whole life, except for 5 years in Boone.

I like Charlotte :) I lived in Boone for a year and it was really nice as well. Overall I don't really intend to live here longer than necessary. I'm determined to get myself far, far away from the Bible belt. x__x

#249 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

I've never really taken the bus in DC because I always had a better transportation option but it shouldn't be too bad. It's cheaper than an Uber and probably not as much of a hassle as getting underground for the metro. What all are you planning to see while you're there?

Well I am taking my girlfriend who has never been, so I am just wanting to make sure she has a good time. I am probably going to aim for Natural History, American History, Air and Space, Spy Museum, Holocaust Museum, National Archives, and the Newseum. I have been to all of those previously besides the Spy Museum.

I also will probably try to hit up the major monuments/memorials (Jefferson, Washington, WWII, Lincoln, Korean, Arlington, etc.) and at the bottom of the list I am considering a tour of the White House and/or Capitol although since the tours are limited in scope, it may be better to use that time elsewhere. We probably will swing by the National Cathedral as well. It's unlikely will even be able to cover all that, so I am hesitant to consider additional stops.

I like Charlotte :) I lived in Boone for a year and it was really nice as well. Overall I don't really intend to live here longer than necessary. I'm determined to get myself far, far away from the Bible belt. x__x

We definitely love Jesus and guns here, so I can see why it's not desirable for many.

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#250 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Well I am taking my girlfriend who has never been, so I am just wanting to make sure she has a good time. I am probably going to aim for Natural History, American History, Air and Space, Spy Museum, Holocaust Museum, National Archives, and the Newseum. I have been to all of those previously besides the Spy Museum.

I also will probably try to hit up the major monuments/memorials (Jefferson, Washington, WWII, Lincoln, Korean, Arlington, etc.) and at the bottom of the list I am considering a tour of the White House and/or Capitol although since the tours are limited in scope, it may be better to use that time elsewhere. We probably will swing by the National Cathedral as well. It's unlikely will even be able to cover all that, so I am hesitant to consider additional stops.

Sounds like you have a great itinerary already! If you can only hit up a me memorial, do the Lincoln or the Jefforson. I'm completely in awe of both of those. Just visited last month during the Cherry Blossom festival.

Be sure to do some research on the food scene there, as well! DC is great for foodies. Hope you have a great time - let me know if you have any other questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users