• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

whats with the "waht is up you two people"? :S

I haven't watched the video, but using my extraordinary powers of deduction, I can tell you that he said "YouTube people".

#27 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Before
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

how bout now? :p

Yeah you're right about the smudging being fun. I actually enjoyed following that video. Might have to make a few more with different techniques and see what I can come up with :)

My C&C: Ezio is so hot *droooooool*

Oh wait, maybe I do have a virtual crush after all

#28 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

You're right Sweeney. :p btw, Zbrush has been downloaded. :D Not going to sleep this night. ;)

#29 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Details are definitely easier to model in Zbrush. :) (even though, I believe that a precise model requires complete 3ds max/maya) I haven't really used Zbrush much though so I can't say for sure.

btw, I have a fair bit of 3ds max exprience and really prefer it over maya. Is that good or bad? (I tried maya once, but I'm too used to the shortcut keys and interface that I find Maya confusing. :( )

EDIT: Zbrush is on download. Should be done in a couple of minutes. :)

Yeah, seeing as you're digitally sculpting in Zbrush as if you were modelling with clay in real life. I think you bake what you sculpt into different maps. Normal maps I believe?

Not sure mate, if that is bad or not. I think 3dmax is industry standard, as you said about Maya being generally used in cinema. So stick to that :)

#30 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Normal mapping is used to add details like bumps or scratches. The best thing is it doesn't increase render time. (as those details aren't actually modelled on the character/3d model)

#31 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Normal mapping is used to add details like bumps or scratches. The best thing is it doesn't increase render time. (as those details aren't actually modelled on the character/3d model)

Ah I see, knew it was something like that lol So can you bake your sculpting into a normal map?
Show me some of your work :p

#32 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

I haven't watched the video, but using my extraordinary powers of deduction, I can tell you that he said "YouTube people".

Holy heck!! That's so super genius!!!

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Had another go at a sig using this tut :)
Spoiler

#34 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

and another using Kiwiwi's png's she supplied:
Spoiler

#35 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

Had another go at a sig using this tut :)

Spoiler

:o :wub:

Hey strat can I please use this? it's gorgeous! and dany is my most favourite <3

#36 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

Haha, you're on a roll mate! In the first one, I love how you managed to get the smudging to look like realistic creases. It looks cool man.

#37 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

:o :wub:

Hey strat can I please use this? it's gorgeous! and dany is my most favourite <3

Yeah go for it :) She's my favourite too ;) Posted Image

Haha, you're on a roll mate! In the first one, I love how you managed to get the smudging to look like realistic creases. It looks cool man.

haha cheers mate, yeah i had a fair bit of a play around with that one. I thought it came out quite good too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smudge Signature, Tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users