Photo

What grinds your neogears?

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#1 data

data
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

It really grinds my neogears when someone will leave extremely offensive offers on items.

I.e. baby paintbrush: 60 000 NP, 500k unbuyable: 80k, etc.

Does this piss anyone off too? I have also gotten several Neomails from people begging for items and how they want to paint their pets so badly >.<

EDIT: It's annoying when they keep offering on the item after you decline it. I.e. they keep offering 60k for a baby paintbrush each time you decline it or increment it by a few hundred neopoints, then start mailing and begging.

Edited by data, 11 June 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Reminds me of someone who offered me 120k and 8/9 pieces of the petpet lab map for my tyrannian PB...when I had "PURE ONLY" in the wishlist and the NP range was 130k-145k. And then there was the person who tried the same thing with a bunch of snowballs and 110k..*sigh* I don't get NM's from people though.. Can't you report them for begging though?

#3 data

data
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Reminds me of someone who offered me 120k and 8/9 pieces of the petpet lab map for my tyrannian PB...when I had "PURE ONLY" in the wishlist and the NP range was 130k-145k. And then there was the person who tried the same thing with a bunch of snowballs and 110k..*sigh* I don't get NM's from people though.. Can't you report them for begging though?

I could report them for begging, but I don't want Neopets team to review me or something

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

I reaaaally hate when people come on my PC boards to advertise their pets or their boards.

Cheesus..

#5 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I hate how anal about rules and suspicious the users can get. And how some of them think they're neogods. Get off it -.-

Edited by Steve, 11 June 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#6 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I hate it when people take Neopets super seriously under most circumstances.

#7 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I hate it when people have to talk about the smallest itti-bitty things in their Neopets lives on the status updates instead of things that are actually interesting.

#8 andreaxo

andreaxo
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

There was this person on the T/A the past couple of days saying that her Brightvale Robe was worth 200k. Worth about 7k. Was all "Someone offered me 154k but I rejected it, but I would like to at least get 25k". She did it one day, got silenced. Did it the next day and I'm pretty sure she got frozen for being an idiot. :lol2:

People that try to sell their items, lying that they're worth so much more to suck in an innocent naive buyer, is mean. :(
I also despise resellers. They're unbelievably rude to deal with and lie to you to make you sell your item for less.

#9 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

I hate how anal about rules and suspicious the users can get. And how some of them think they're neogods. Get off it -.-

Or when they gang-bang report you for rejecting their offers on items or not gfting -__-

#10 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I don't mind taking reseller offers on HTS since I'm an impatient sort of person, so it's nice that they're there as a quick way to offload ill-gotten goods, so to speak. XD But I really do hate some of the tactics people use on the TP that are downright close to scamming. Like, some guy put up an item that recently sold for ~3m up for 800k. And suddenly I got a flood of offers for 400k on my item because my TP description said "lowest on the TP." And they tried to convince me to take the offer because of that one lot. I've stopped writing that since then because they were so unbelievably rude and entitled that I wasn't willing to let a relatively ETS item go for a ridiculous price. Surprise surprise, the guy selling for 800k never ended up accepting any offers.

#11 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

I like how they decided that "lowest on the TP" means "50% off the lowest listed price".

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

I hate it when people have to talk about the smallest itti-bitty things in their Neopets lives on the status updates instead of things that are actually interesting.

You're on a Neopets forum.

#13 SilverFox

SilverFox
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

"It's TNT's site, not the users'. It doesn't matter what you think because TNT doesn't care."

Self-Important, patronizing users... often seen in the PC. :p

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

"It's TNT's site, not the users'. It doesn't matter what you think because TNT doesn't care."

Well...it's true...

#15 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

You're on a Neopets forum.

But I dont care if their SS didn't work but works now.

#16 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Really ignorant people.

Not much else, I can understand resellers and all the people who under-offer on trades. They're trying to make a profit, just like we are when we AB.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

But I dont care if their SS didn't work but works now.

Is it so hard to divert your eyes elsewhere?

#18 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Really ignorant people.

Not much else, I can understand resellers and all the people who under-offer on trades. They're trying to make a profit, just like we are when we AB.

Personally, I feel that there's a difference between under-offering, giving an insultingly low offer (like, less than half of the item's worth), and outright lying. The first is fine. The second is fine if it's done in ignorance. The third is never fine.

#19 Synedge

Synedge
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

I hate it when people on the TP ask for a certain amount and when you offer that amount, they block you for being a "reseller."

#20 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

I suspect 90% of the site is frustrating to me.

#21 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Is it so hard to divert your eyes elsewhere?

Is this an endorsement of spam?

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Is this an endorsement of spam?

No, I'm saying he shouldn't get so butthurt over status updates, especially if they're harmless.

#23 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

When I'm auction sniping a 2k codestone and then some jackass raises the price to 6k so I end up with only a 200 np profit and then I have to auction the codestone and wait an hour before going back to auctions since my account is new and I can't make a shop or anything

#24 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

No, I'm saying he shouldn't get so butthurt over status updates, especially if they're harmless.

They're like bugs. Either remove or kill them even though they usually don't do anything

#25 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Grinds my gears when people put stuff like "Lucy the Kougra is UFT!!!" And you go into the board and it's like "My kougra lucy_1292 is tent UFT for DUCKs"

Also if you don't have the time to type out tentatively in full then you are an idiot. Tent sounds stupid, go away. Actually just most of the pound chat I really hate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users