• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#26 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

Pound Chat in general I hate. Overly snobby elitist circlejerking board. I'm convinced that no actual trading gets done there.

#27 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

They're like bugs. Either remove or kill them even though they usually don't do anything

It's a neopets forum, specifically a cheating forum, and any status update that's on topic to the site's theme, no matter how mundane, is acceptable as long as it stays in the boundaries of the rules, so once again, get over it and learn to get over such small problems.

#28 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Another one:
neoboards

Where you tell someone why TNT hasn't done something and then they go and call the reason "stupid". And then it's obvious they aren't 13 and lied to get onto the boards/neomail.. Oh and the numerous posts all asking the same question..HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO LOOK THOUGH THE OTHER THREADS??

*sigh* That's about what I hate most of the time (actually I had someone go and yell at me in a neomail after I posted on the quest board, and they were all "go to my board, I don't want to be on two boards at the same time" then sent me the item and yelled at me for not talking to them [when I was away], so I returned the item and blocked them)

#29 crystalxd

crystalxd
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

lots of people asking the same question on the boards

#30 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Pound Chat in general I hate. Overly snobby elitist circlejerking board. I'm convinced that no actual trading gets done there.

Sometimes I think the same thing lol

#31 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

This person's gallery:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Also every one of their pets has a Spyder Web Staff

Edited by trizzle, 12 June 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#32 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

New Years in Faerielands will never be for trade. It took 3 months and help from many friends and traders to get them. I gave them my word, they will not return to the market. Posted Image

#33 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

New Years in Faerielands will never be for trade. It took 3 months and help from many friends and traders to get them. I gave them my word, they will not return to the market. Posted Image

-_- Dear iscerus

Posted Image

#34 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

This person's gallery:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Also every one of their pets has a Spyder Web Staff

Wow holy shit what

Posted Image

#35 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

When people don't put prices on their TP wishlist and just say "neomail offers" or "lowest on the TP." Grow some balls and just slap a number on there.

When people insist on you offering first. Really you won't lose at life if you are the first one to say a number. I don't know who goes around preaching that shit but it's annoying and not true.

Also, stupid shit like this:
Them: Willing to sell me the snowbunny stamp in your gallery Posted Image?
Me: Possibly, what are you looking to offer on it? I am saving up to complete my Snowy Valley page with it.
Them: 20m pure + Some BD weapons?
Me: That depends on what BD weapons?
Them: (never respond again)

WTF don't fucking Neomail me to offer on my shit that's not even for sale in the first place if you are just going to tapdance around like an idiot and then disappear without making a real offer.

Wow I really should stay away from topics like this.

#36 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

I know that feeling, just now I want to buy a stamp and every single trade (like 8) has the nm offers thing on the wishlist.

#37 Guest_JohnnyTest_*

Guest_JohnnyTest_*

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

When people on the PC say there seeking "any _______ colored pet" and when you offer it they say no thanks or add a custom ... I mean you did say ANY.

#38 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Anything involving the PC pretty much, for me at least.
A year ago, it wasn't so bad... people actually went through with promised trades, and people seemed to be generally more intelligent and less greedy. These days, it's a wonder anything ever gets traded. The new generation of pet traders have moved in and they apparently did not bring their brains nor their manners. They seem to lack any sense of respect and they ask for too much. And when they don't receive immediate gratification, the whining begins. I'm not saying that the PC was ever perfect or anything like that... but Jesus, the crap that goes on in that board now is enough to drive a person insane. The PC used to be my home, but I find myself gritting my teeth whenever I am there. It's definitely time to find a new corner of Neo. -.-

#39 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

The PC used to be my home, but I find myself gritting my teeth whenever I am there. It's definitely time to find a new corner of Neo. -.-

...and thus, welcome to Codex. :yahoo:

#40 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I would have to agree with just about everything you said, Kiwi. I'm only nineteen, so you do have some experience on me, and our situations growing up were different since it sounds like I might have had an easier time with money, but I can still agree with you. I cringe when I see kids today... and I hardly just left the "kids club" myself!

As far as the government goes... I could go on all day with its issues. xD Again, I agree; with the government basically taking control of how to socialize children and deal out what is considered "okay" punishment, family structures are weakened. I also feel social programs that let people sponge off them too much create a hazard as they grant "adults" with benefits they don't necessarily need and are too lazy to work for themselves... but perhaps that is too much of a controversial thing to go into detail about. P:

...and thus, welcome to Codex. :yahoo:

Hahaha! xD Best smiley EVER. I love it here!

:thumbsup:

#41 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Bickering over a disproportionally meaningless amount of NP.

I cannot stand someone arguing over 5-6M on an item worth 50-60M, or arguing about 10-20M on an item worth 200-300M Its meaningless in the long run and wastes everyone's time.

Its even worse when you have shit like "NO IT HAS TO BE 595,000; IM NEVER TAKING 590,000".

Gotta be fucking kidding me.

When people insist on you offering first. Really you won't lose at life if you are the first one to say a number. I don't know who goes around preaching that shit but it's annoying and not true.

This is a marketing trick. By offering first, you're essentially bidding against yourself, ensuring whatever you pay will be higher than what you would have to otherwise. A smart buyer will never offer first, its just stupid.

Edited by ch33psh33p, 12 June 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#42 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Haha, the funny thing is I have have four brothers and four sisters, the youngest of them all has just turned 18. His upbringing was a far cry from my own. I used to walk 4 miles to school and 4 miles back home everyday, he got taxied around by my mum. I remember a 8pm curfew and bed was 9pm, at 14 he was rolling home at 1am, 16 he didn't come home at all, he's now 18 and just shaking off that "I don't have to work for anything because it's given to me attitude." The only reason it's going is because he became a dad himself 6 months ago, it opened his eyes.

Anyways back on topic : NC Trading because of its outdated guides and greedy buggers who are determined to fleece you blind.

How interesting! I find this intriguing. Your family's structure changed and adapted to current times all within one generation of children. How different your life was compared to your brother's in less than a decade of difference is pretty interesting.

Back to the topic; I tried to get into NC Trading once... it didn't turn out well. The first thing I did was get ripped off. (Unintentionally of course)

I cannot stand someone arguing over 5-6M on an item worth 50-60M, or arguing about 10-20M on an item worth 200-300M Its meaningless in the long run and wastes everyone's time.

Its even worse when you have shit like "NO IT HAS TO BE 595,000; IM NEVER TAKING 590,000".

AMEN. I am always willing to sell for less, because then my item sells. I would much rather sell a Baby paint brush for 585k in a mere minute, than to spend a week trying to sell it at 595k like every other soul trying to sell a Baby pb.

I have seen some mean squabbles between people haggling over worthless amounts of neopoints. xD

#43 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

This is a marketing trick. By offering first, you're essentially bidding against yourself, ensuring whatever you pay will be higher than what you would have to otherwise. A smart buyer will never offer first, its just stupid.

AMEN. I am always willing to sell for less, because then my item sells. I would much rather sell a Baby paint brush for 585k in a mere minute, than to spend a week trying to sell it at 595k like every other soul trying to sell a Baby pb.

I have seen some mean squabbles between people haggling over worthless amounts of neopoints. xD

I literally had someone reject me on an offer, their post said "500k, not a neopoint more."
I offered 499,999 and they rejected, then neomailed me saying, "YOU'RE TRYING TO SCAM ME! REPORTED. ENJOY GETTING FROZEN YOU FILTHY SCAMMER."

#44 blergh

blergh
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

I literally had someone reject me on an offer, their post said "500k, not a neopoint more."
I offered 499,999 and they rejected, then neomailed me saying, "YOU'RE TRYING TO SCAM ME! REPORTED. ENJOY GETTING FROZEN YOU FILTHY SCAMMER."

...I wouldn't have said that if I knew it was you :p

seriously though, I can't stand half of the idiots on neo anymore. everyone on the bdc goes nuts over every little thing, and if it isn't board after board of "OMG YOU BOUGHT WHAT?" then it's people offering low/not selling their items because of their "bottom line"

#45 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Uhhhhh.... O_o
Sometimes I legitimately wonder what goes through people's minds when they play Neopets. I've run across my share of strange people too... it just kind of leads you to wonder. You know that there is someone on the other side of another screen, communicating with you... so it's hard to believe what some people find acceptable to do and say sometimes... just... what on earth... hahaha

#46 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Anything involving the PC pretty much, for me at least.
A year ago, it wasn't so bad... people actually went through with promised trades, and people seemed to be generally more intelligent and less greedy. These days, it's a wonder anything ever gets traded. The new generation of pet traders have moved in and they apparently did not bring their brains nor their manners. They seem to lack any sense of respect and they ask for too much. And when they don't receive immediate gratification, the whining begins. I'm not saying that the PC was ever perfect or anything like that... but Jesus, the crap that goes on in that board now is enough to drive a person insane. The PC used to be my home, but I find myself gritting my teeth whenever I am there. It's definitely time to find a new corner of Neo. -.-

I know the feeling, I try to stay away from the PC myself, because when I was trying to trade my UC grey for another UC grey whose species I liked more, I only got offered rubbish, low tier ucs, and bn ones, while the ones who had the one I wanted UFT said "nty cause my otb is a royal, or a plushie"... I wanted one so badly i was aiming even for a DN one, being mine VWN. Its been a year since then and I still see the same persons opening the same thread of the same pet uft and saying that otb is plushie or royal lol

#47 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

This shit right here. I'm offering you 1m less than what you freaking want on a 70m item and you're complaining -_-

#48 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

When people on the PC say there seeking "any _______ colored pet" and when you offer it they say no thanks or add a custom ... I mean you did say ANY.

I would just like to add this in as an example. But this is another thing that pisses me off: stuff like your signature.

THEY'RE creepy as hell, and if I could I would change that THERE signature.

#49 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Tailwind is complaining about using "there" where it should be "they're", not about the picture.

#50 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

This shit right here. I'm offering you 1m less than what you freaking want on a 70m item and you're complaining -_-

Well, it would be understandable if they were a legiter, because then every single np would have been earned through pointless hard work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users