This burns my toast.

scammers mspp avatar chat

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

You know, scammers really burn my toast.
I don't mind cheaters, auto buyers etc but scammers... they are a different breed.
Whoever scammed that MSPP today on the avatar chat...
*angry*

YOU are the reason why honest and mostly legit people (without connections) are finding it harder and harder to get lent the big three.

Just saying.

#2 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

That really blows. The person who lent me got scammed a little while after. I hate scammers, and I hate the fact that TNT is such a jerkface about scammed stuff.

Edited by Ladida, 13 June 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#3 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

I agree, Ladida.
I remember a few years back when we were allowed to make *rednose* SCAMMER ALERT *rednose* boards.
Those days are long gone and they even protect the scammers. :k

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

I don't agree with avatar lending. The high rate of scamming is one of the reasons why.

Sucks for whoever lost it. If the people who had these items would just sell them instead of siting on them for bragging rights then the prices wouldn't be so ridiculous and it would be easier for everyone.

Imagine if SuAP was only actually had by people who could afford it? That would be awesome.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

How does collateral work on neo anyway?

Or do people just lend all willy-nilly?

#6 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I agree and don't agree, nymh.
:k a lot of people who can afford it aren't exactly 100% legit.
-x-
I already have the MSPP avatar so I am not too worried about it. Most of my friends have it too. :*
I'm just trying to find a dern BGC lender.
-x-
I use to lend ZDAP on down but sold them all a few days ago. I didn't get scammed but I am done lending. Too much stress.

"If the people who had these items would just sell them instead of siting on them for bragging rights then the prices wouldn't be so ridiculous and it would be easier for everyone."
^ THIS

-x-
The lendee offers items/np worth of the item or gets lent for partial/free.

-x-
I use to lend willy-nilly.
0:-)

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

-x-
The lendee offers items/np worth of the item or gets lent for partial/free.

-x-
I use to lend willy-nilly.
0:-)

That seems risky. If I ever manage to get a hold on those items, I don't think i would ever lend unless they paid in full. :l

Or lend to people on here that I know :3

#8 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

That seems risky. If I ever manage to get a hold on those items, I don't think i would ever lend unless they paid in full. :l

-x-
Yeah, it's hit or miss. Like the scammed MSPP.
*angry*
I mean really... if you can steal items online imagine what you do in real life? :/

#9 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

-x-
Yeah, it's hit or miss. Like the scammed MSPP.
*angry*
I mean really... if you can steal items online imagine what you do in real life? :/

I think you have it backwards. Its way easier to commit crimes behind anonymity online, rather than in real life where there are much more real consequences.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

I don't agree with avatar lending. The high rate of scamming is one of the reasons why.

Sucks for whoever lost it. If the people who had these items would just sell them instead of siting on them for bragging rights then the prices wouldn't be so ridiculous and it would be easier for everyone.

Imagine if SuAP was only actually had by people who could afford it? That would be awesome.

Imagine if TNT lent those items out as a Neopoint sink? Be a quick way to increase the value of the Neopoint and then people wouldn't be able to/have any reason to lend.

Might actually even lower their values some too.

#11 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Wow, I found the board he made, and the insanely nasty comments people are making on it.

http://www.neopets.c...51456448&next=1

Too bad they can't all drop down dead. They've obviously never heard of being compassionate. I am just so disgusted. The human race is doomed if this is acceptable behaviour these days.

#12 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think you have it backwards. Its way easier to commit crimes behind anonymity online, rather than in real life where there are much more real consequences.
-x-
No, if you can steal ... it's stealing. Regardless. Taking something that doesn't belong to you whether it be online or IRL.

#13 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

That sucks. I've only ever lent avatar pets that I didn't really care about. Lost everyone of them so I now I just pound them.

I remember a few years back when we were allowed to make *rednose* SCAMMER ALERT *rednose* boards.

I thought we were still allowed to make scammer boards? Doesn't the AC do that when they notice an abnormal highscore on avatar games?

#14 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Too bad they can't all drop down dead. They've obviously never heard of being compassionate. I am just so disgusted. The human race is doomed if this is acceptable behaviour these days.
-x-
Ah well, I do believe half of them are pretweens. *lol*

I thought we were still allowed to make scammer boards? Doesn't the AC do that when they notice an abnormal highscore on avatar games?

Nope, posting any usernames or identifiable information is against the rules. :k
-uses quotes-

#15 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thank you ^_^

Welcome! I am fairly new to posting on the boards on this site so I didn't know how yet. ;D
I wonder if there is a way to make my font the same without having to change all this stuff.

#16 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

-x-
No, if you can steal ... it's stealing. Regardless. Taking something that doesn't belong to you whether it be online or IRL.

No its extremely different. Once you experience a little bit more of the real world, you'll understand. Taking a virtual item is so much more different than when you're standing in a store, aware of the cameras watching every bead of sweat drip down your neck as you wonder whether or not you'll be caught stealing that food you desperately need to survive and to feed your kids back at your crummy apartment sublet to 12 different people, while at the same time that risk of jail time creeps into your mind, knowing it could all be over in a flash, leaving your life and your family in shambles.

Not to mention your kids wondering why their mommy didn't come home, and why they're being kicked out onto the streets.

Crime in real life carries heavy consequences that extend far beyond just you.

Stealing an MSPP on neopets at the end of the day is just 200M being frozen, and its rather meaningless in perspective.

Edited by ch33psh33p, 13 June 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#17 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

No its extremely different. Once you experience a little bit more of the real world, you'll understand. Taking a virtual item is so much more different than when you're standing in a store, aware of the cameras watching every bead of sweat drip down your neck as you wonder whether or not you'll be caught stealing that food you desperately need to survive and to feed your kids back at your crummy apartment sublet to 12 different people, while at the same time that risk of jail time creeps into your mind, knowing it could all be over in a flash, leaving your life and your family in shambles.

Eh, no I will not stoop that low and have nothing nice to say to or about the people who do it except you have issues.

#18 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Eh, no I will not stoop that low and have nothing nice to say to or about the people who do it except you have issues.

I give you a very real life example that many homeless / near homeless people in very difficult situations face every day.

EDIT since Kiwiwi's rectification:

Not everyone who is a criminal has issues. Many of them are faced with impossible decisions that force them to do things so other people that depend on them can survive.

Is it true that there are people with issues that commit crimes? Certainly. But thats just not a fair generalization to make.

Edited by ch33psh33p, 13 June 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#19 blergh

blergh
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I give you a very real life example that many homeless / near homeless people in very difficult situations face every day, and you tell me I have issues.

yea, what? real people do what they need to so they and/or their families can survive. not every criminal is mentally unstable or on drugs or something. same with homeless people

on topic though, I totally agree with the OP. people who aren't going to steal high end items have difficulty finding lends because of scammers. lots of lenders also do it out of the goodness of their hearts and as a service for everyone else. it really doesn't help when people steal

Edited by blergh, 13 June 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#20 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I think I'll try and correct this, since the OP isn't able to format properly..

"I wouldn't stoop so low as to steal something and I have nothing nice to say about the people who do it, except maybe "You have issues".

Thanks Kiwi, I've edited my response.

#21 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Not to mention your kids wondering why their mommy didn't come home, and why they're being kicked out onto the streets.

Crime in real life carries heavy consequences that extend far beyond just you.

Stealing an MSPP on neopets at the end of the day is just 200M being frozen, and its rather meaningless in perspective.

That's a sad little picture you painted. The guy who broke into my house while I was sleeping was a junkie who wanted more money for drugs. I have a hard time sympathizing with thieves. Sure there are desperate people out there who're down on their luck, but it irks me when crimes are rationalized.

#22 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

That's a sad little picture you painted. The guy who broke into my house while I was sleeping was a junkie who wanted more money for drugs. I have a hard time sympathizing with thieves. Sure there are desperate people out there who're down on their luck, but it irks me when crimes are rationalized.

Indeed, I've had my house broken into and my jewelry stolen because some junky wanted a quick high.

But at the same time I recognize that there are different situations, and at the end of the day, generalizations when it comes to crime are just not something one can do casually.

All I really wanted to point out was the consequences that come with commiting a crime in real life versus on Neo are VERY DIFFERENT.

#23 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

You guys are all taking it out of context and never aimed the "you have issues" at a specific poster on this board but in general. So I aplogize there if you think/feel I insulted you -- it wasn't meant to be that way.
And don't give me this proper format crap. :k I'm new to forums.

#24 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

No, I do not visit the pound chat.

#25 hayhaysarah

hayhaysarah
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Oh well, my bad.
But I'm still not going to apologize for biting after you come back and kicked up a fuss after I corrected you and spared your ass a little fire.

I don't like you. (:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scammers, mspp, avatar chat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users