• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#26 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

As long as people are willing to carry on a discussion, I don't see a problem. =P

Ahh yeah all good mate, was just posting more for reference in case others wished to look through those threads ;)

#27 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Ahh yeah all good mate, was just posting more for reference in case others wished to look through those threads ;)

I see, my mistaken then. =P

#28 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

The blue pants and white shirt with rolled up sleeves, topped off with two swords and an eye patch. He just looks so damn cool.

He looked so...human. Like he could be your uncle or something. But daaaaayuuum.
So freaking epic.

He even dies with dignity. I'm still don't understand his final words. Why was he so satisfied with his life?

I don't understand...
I guess all the fights he had and the fact that he got to choose his own pair.

Didn't he say that he loved her sometime before? I think when Mustang or Ed went to his house no?

#29 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

He looked so...human. Like he could be your uncle or something. But daaaaayuuum.
So freaking epic.

I don't understand...
I guess all the fights he had and the fact that he got to choose his own pair.

Didn't he say that he loved her sometime before? I think when Mustang or Ed went to his house no?

Kinda cryptic imo. Gotta read the manga one day.

#30 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragon Ball was the shit back in the day.

#31 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

When you guys say digimon do you mean the series as a whole. or only adventures 1 + 2? I did not enjoy the hunters who leaped through time at all, it was basically 20 episodes of filler with the last few episodes actually having a point but mainly being fanservice.

I'm kind of surprised Black Lagoon hasn't been mentioned yet, holy crap Roberta is a badass.

Other animes that I enjoyed were Brotherhood (haven't seen the movie yet), Gurren Lagann, Trigun and Fairy Tails. I'd add Ao No Exorcist to the list but that ending was horrible, like what happened there? It felt so rushed, should have been a longer series.

Fate / Zero, and Guilty Crown are on my 'to watch' list right now.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

Jesus, spoiler stuff, I had to skip most of the thread because I didn't want to risk anything.

#33 imcominatcha

imcominatcha
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

I'm kind of surprised Black Lagoon hasn't been mentioned yet, holy crap Roberta is a badass.

Totally agree with you on that. But I guess the violence and themes might be a little mature for everyone.

Anybody watched Angel Beats? It's one of my all time faves, along with most mentioned above, like TTGL, Elfen Lied, FMA:B, Death Note, and Clannad.

Code Geass,
FLCL,
Ef - A Tale of Memories,
One Piece.

What do you guys think of Evangelion? I've had mixed feelings about it even after watching it 3 times ;/

#34 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Totally agree with you on that. But I guess the violence and themes might be a little mature for everyone.

That's true, some of it is pretty twisted, especially those twins. Still have to get around to seeing those 5 OVAs of Roberta's Blood Trail one of these days

What do you guys think of Evangelion? I've had mixed feelings about it even after watching it 3 times ;/

I haven't seen it yet, my friend told me it's a huge mind fuck though. Although I couldn't imagine it being any weirder FLCL

Oh right. For a non action series I really enjoyed BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. totally forgot about taht one

#35 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Kinda cryptic imo. Gotta read the manga one day.

Sounds like a plan xD

I think i should read it too.

Jesus, spoiler stuff, I had to skip most of the thread because I didn't want to risk anything.

You haven't sen FMAB?!

#36 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

You haven't sen FMAB?!

Um no? I have a lot of anime to watch and not enough time to watch any of it. I have at least 10 series I only got halfway through and tons more to even start.

#37 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

Um no? I have a lot of anime to watch and not enough time to watch any of it. I have at least 10 series I only got halfway through and tons more to even start.

seen*
whoops.

You REALLY should! Trust me, it's 100% worth it.

#38 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

seen*
whoops.

You REALLY should! Trust me, it's 100% worth it.

I realize that, I never said I wasn't I just said I didn't have time.

#39 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

When you guys say digimon do you mean the series as a whole. or only adventures 1 + 2? I did not enjoy the hunters who leaped through time at all, it was basically 20 episodes of filler with the last few episodes actually having a point but mainly being fanservice.

Other animes that I enjoyed were Brotherhood (haven't seen the movie yet), Gurren Lagann, Trigun and Fairy Tails. I'd add Ao No Exorcist to the list but that ending was horrible, like what happened there? It felt so rushed, should have been a longer series.

Fate / Zero, and Guilty Crown are on my 'to watch' list right now.

With digimon I was talking about the first and second generation of the digidestines. Pretty much until they introduced a new time line and cast.

#40 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Gundam Wing hands down. Absolute fav.

DBZ is also pretty up there, probably second. But Gundam Wing is something I could and did rewatch.

#41 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

I still favor The Black Butler. :3

#42 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Gundam Wing hands down. Absolute fav.

DBZ is also pretty up there, probably second. But Gundam Wing is something I could and did rewatch.

Forgot about DBZ. That was a great series, you might enjoy this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqLvFfwcqfw

#43 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Forgot about DBZ. That was a great series, you might enjoy this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqLvFfwcqfw

HAHA good stuff! My only complaint is after SSJ3 they dont do the powerlevels so good. The earth is shaking and all but at SSJ2. You know what i mean?

#44 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

HAHA good stuff! My only complaint is after SSJ3 they dont do the powerlevels so good. The earth is shaking and all but at SSJ2. You know what i mean?

No =P What's SSJ2 and SSJ3? I stopped watching the series once GT came out; that was least 8 years ago. =P

#45 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

No =P What's SSJ2 and SSJ3? I stopped watching the series once GT came out; that was least 8 years ago. =P

Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3.

#46 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3.

That's what I thought, but what's with the J's?

#47 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

That's what I thought, but what's with the J's?

Japanese, because it's "Sūpā Saiya-jin".

#48 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Japanese, because it's "Sūpā Saiya-jin".

Interesting, TIL...

#49 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

#50 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts