Favorite Anime?

Anime

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#51 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

My personal favorite is Cowboy Bebop. I got into it when they were paying it on Adult Swim awhile ago. {Adult Swim sucks now. It's only good for Robot Chicken}

Some others include Scryed, Neon Genesis Evangelion {which I just recently got into; the angels are badass}, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Inuyasha. I loved Inuyasha back when I was a freshman in high school. It's still good for a laugh. I used to watch Fullmetal Alchemist before it got complicated and weird.

My favorite characters are Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop and Major from Ghost in the Shell.

The ones I hate are pretty much everything that everyone else likes.

#52 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

HAHA yeah Elin got it :p I watched the Jap versions! :p

#53 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

HAHA yeah Elin got it :p I watched the Jap versions! :p

So where is the word "saiyan" derived from? Is it just made up?

#54 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

So where is the word "saiyan" derived from? Is it just made up?

Guess they just combined Saiya-jin into a smaller word for convenience.

#55 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Guess they just combined Saiya-jin into a smaller word for convenience.

What about Saiya-jin?

#56 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

What about Saiya-jin?

That's the Japanese word for Saiyan, which they probably just combined for convenience in the dub pronunciation.

#57 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

That's the Japanese word for Saiyan, which they probably just combined for convenience in the dub pronunciation.

I was looking for the origin of the word. Apparently "saiya" is a rearrangement of the syllables in "yasai" which means vegetable. Now I'm left wondering why they chose "vegetable".

#58 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

I was looking for the origin of the word. Apparently "saiya" is a rearrangement of the syllables in "yasai" which means vegetable. Now I'm left wondering why they chose "vegetable".

I read it wrong sorry.

But yeah, they love vegetable puns, it's seen throughout the show.

It's like the Underwear names for Bulma's family.

#59 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

I read it wrong sorry.

But yeah, they love vegetable puns, it's seen throughout the show.

It's like the Underwear names for Bulma's family.

Haha, wow I never knew. But I can only think of Trunks, I forget her mom and dad's names. I knew Namek is derived from some word for slug.

#60 Morph

Morph
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

I just finished watching the entire S-Cry-Ed series, that probably became my favorite. I tried Bleach but got tired of it after the first few seasons. And I'm working on the first Naruto series now, it's better than Bleach and may surpass S-Cry-Ed, we'll see. (:

#61 alleywafu

alleywafu
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Elfen lied
Higurashi no Koro (fucked up anime)
Ghost hunt
Chobits
Kamikaze no Kaito Jeanne
Queens Blade (Super perverted anime) ...

Queen's Blade :devil: hahahaha

Did anyone here watch Gate Keepers? I wanted to watch it before. Is it cool?

#62 stubbie

stubbie
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

I am not a big fan of anime but Gundam wings impressed me

#63 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

My favourite anime is Full Metal Alchemist, I watched the first series as soon as they were subbed from Japan and it made me cry, laugh, love some characters and hate others like no other series did. Glad to see some members like it too :p

#64 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Sherlock Hound, which imo has the catchiest/most beautiful theme of any cartoon:

I'd say Pokemon but I wouldn't really consider that a 'true' anime.
Other than that, and Studio Ghibli stuff, I'm not exactly the biggest fan. Can never seem to get into them or their fandoms... :p

#65 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Sherlock Hound, which imo has the catchiest/most beautiful theme of any cartoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYuFHLezUyo

HETHER
GWAAAH. THIS IS STUCK IN MY HEAD! D:

#66 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

With digimon I was talking about the first and second generation of the digidestines. Pretty much until they introduced a new time line and cast.

Whew that's good. Although they do have several timelines and casts now. There were a couple of episodes in 'The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time' which had some crossover characters such as Mimi, Tai and Rika which was kind of nice but not worth it when you consider you'd have to sit through 80% filler.

For those of you who mentioned DBZ being one of your favourite anime this meme seems quite relevant. It's not really a spoiler but it does prevent the thread from becoming too congested.

Spoiler

Edited by rocketgoboom, 16 June 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#67 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

HETHER
GWAAAH. THIS IS STUCK IN MY HEAD! D:

Same. All day, every day. uwu
I think part of the reason why I love it is how it sounds so much like this classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEhh_XpJ-0

#68 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Clannad (Including after story~ of course) is by far my favourite

Following that I really liked:
Nodame Cantabile
Honey + Clover
Ano Hana
Monster
The Macross series
Code Geass
Angel Beats! (I'm a bit of a Key fanboy)
Any key stuff- Air, Kanon
School Days
Full Metal Alchemist (I preferred the original series to Brotherhood, even though it didn't stick to the manga)

#69 alleywafu

alleywafu
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

My personal favorite is Cowboy Bebop. I got into it when they were paying it on Adult Swim awhile ago. {Adult Swim sucks now. It's only good for Robot Chicken}

Some others include Scryed, Neon Genesis Evangelion {which I just recently got into; the angels are badass}, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Inuyasha. I loved Inuyasha back when I was a freshman in high school. It's still good for a laugh. I used to watch Fullmetal Alchemist before it got complicated and weird.

My favorite characters are Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop and Major from Ghost in the Shell.

The ones I hate are pretty much everything that everyone else likes.

Have you finished cowboy bebop?

#70 imcominatcha

imcominatcha
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Cowboy Bebop just released the remastered version!! English dub isn't bad, but I'd still go for the original Jap w/ Eng subs any day.

Poor dubs kill all sorts of good anime. As a kid, I remember watching One Piece and wondering why Luffy sounded like a tranny girl. So I stopped. BUT got back on when I discovered the wonders of Torrent (cough) and rewatched the series. In Jap this time. One of my all time secret loves now haha.

#71 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

Clannad (Including after story~ of course) is by far my favourite

Following that I really liked:
Nodame Cantabile
Honey + Clover
Ano Hana
Monster
The Macross series
Code Geass
Angel Beats! (I'm a bit of a Key fanboy)
Any key stuff- Air, Kanon
School Days
Full Metal Alchemist (I preferred the original series to Brotherhood, even though it didn't stick to the manga)

Did you really like School Days? The ratings scare me away :p (I've already seen the rest of the ones you've mentioned btw except all of the macross series only Macross Plus I've seen)

#72 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

kawaii~

#73 WMGTea

WMGTea
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

I've only got two favourites at the moment: Code Geass (points to av) and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - although Star Driver is pretty interesting. Really short action scenes but it's still good.

#74 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Did you really like School Days? The ratings scare me away :p (I've already seen the rest of the ones you've mentioned btw except all of the macross series only Macross Plus I've seen)

School days is.. Well, if I said anything about it I would spoil it.

But you will either love it or hate it, I expected nothing of it and loved it. I'll talk to you about it if you watch it.

#75 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Whew that's good. Although they do have several timelines and casts now. There were a couple of episodes in 'The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time' which had some crossover characters such as Mimi, Tai and Rika which was kind of nice but not worth it when you consider you'd have to sit through 80% filler.

For those of you who mentioned DBZ being one of your favourite anime this meme seems quite relevant. It's not really a spoiler but it does prevent the thread from becoming too congested.

Spoiler

How awesome was the sound track to the Digimon movie(the american release)? So many great tracks...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users