Photo

Advantages of ERP Programs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

I have an important presentation tomorrow, and its main topic is ERP programs which are used by firms and companies and their advantages. I have just started to prepare my presentation and I though some of you may want to share what do you think about ERP programs such as SAP and NETSIS.

I just wondered if there are any users of this kind of programs on our forum. Also if anyone has any tips for my presentation, it would be pretty nice. (:

#2 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Geez that is way beyond me! I am studying business but nothing with programs. Sorry I could not help Yun.

Go You! :thumbsup:

#3 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Geez that is way beyond me! I am studying business but nothing with programs. Sorry I could not help Yun.

Go You! :thumbsup:

Haha thank you (: Thats cheers me up! :wub:

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

The most important thing about ERP's is when you adopt their usage. If you adopt before you become a midsize company, and continue to expand with the ERP in place, you will reach a significantly higher level of benefits from using the product, then if you switch to the module later on in the business practice. This is because costs are reduced, and efficiency is increased, while employees are already familiar with the same technology. Switching to an ERP after a certain period of time will increase costs and make it harder for employees to adapt, resulting in inefficient usage of an ERP.

The biggest downsize to an ERP is that the company that makes them wishes for you to be 100% dependent on them. You are usually forced to sign a contract with the vendor, and are completely reliant on their software and implementation methods. Many of the vendors specifically program the software in a method that would force you to rely on them for anything regarding the software, which prevents you from switching if a better company comes along, or prevents you from developing your own application in the future. The heavy reliance upon the vendor negatively offsets the benefits of switching to an ERP, as your efficiency and work flow can be reduced by the vendor, and several important thing may be cut to ensure your dependence

The most important advantage of ERP is that it allows businesses with more then one location to keep their data together as a single data set. For companies that have thousands of stores, or even stores in other countries, being able to monitor and control all of the businesses from a single location becomes critical to success.. For companies that do a large amount of sales, or shipping to other locations, this can prove invaluable. Shipping companies benefit greatly through ERP systems, as it allows for customer to track their packages, as well as managers to track what is happening as well. A ERP system that is properly implemented can be extremely valuable in running a company, but a poorly implemented or limited system can just be extra unneeded costs.

#5 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

iargue, that is seriously a helpful post there. I can't thank you enough.. Thanks a lot!

#6 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

I can tell you that PoolCorp owned Superior Pools has a shitty system in place IMO. :unsure:

#7 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

iargue, that is seriously a helpful post there. I can't thank you enough.. Thanks a lot!

Glad I could help!

#8 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

I am accepted to the company! Now I am an SAP FI Consultant!

Thanks everyone...

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

I am accepted to the company! Now I am an SAP FI Consultant!

Thanks everyone...

Congrats!

#10 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Congrats!

Thank you so much. (: Let the business life begin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users