Photo

Marriage Proposals

marriage

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

There definitely needs to be creativity. I can't stand cheesy, bullshit, ripped-straight-out-of-a-movie proposals. Sure roses, candles and expensive dinners are lovely, but every second mofo proposes like that. It should be intimate and individual.

Also, the douche better get down on one knee, or its a definite no.

The ring in the crackerjack box wouldn't cut it with you, right?

The old me looks back upon the young me and wonders why she didn't have enough sense to leave after that.

Edited by coltom, 20 July 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#27 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

There definitely needs to be creativity. I can't stand cheesy, bullshit, ripped-straight-out-of-a-movie proposals. Sure roses, candles and expensive dinners are lovely, but every second mofo proposes like that. It should be intimate and individual.

Also, the douche better get down on one knee, or its a definite no.

My friend is going to propose to his girlfriend of 3 years in a few months (I'm best man :D) and I'm so freaking excited omg ahhhhh. He won't tell anybody his plan though, which might be a good idea since I'd probably somehow leak it. But I'm so excited! ^_^

I haven't really thought about proposals of my own, since it's way too early for that, but I would for sure not do it in public. If there are other people around, it'll only be family and/or friends, but probably 1 on 1 kinda dealio.

#28 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

I haven't really thought about proposals of my own, since it's way too early for that, but I would for sure not do it in public. If there are other people around, it'll only be family and/or friends, but probably 1 on 1 kinda dealio.

I think the 1 on 1 scenario is more intimate which makes it more special for both people. The proposal is as much about the guy as it is the girl, whether we want to admit to that or not.

Edited by Yung, 20 July 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#29 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think the 1 on 1 scenario is more intimate which makes it more special for both people. The proposal is as much about the guy as it is the girl, whether we want to admit to that or not.

Well my friend isn't worried about her saying yes (she basically asked him to ask her lol) so it's more just... making it meaningful for her.

I haven't even thought about what I'd do. Or if I will even be the one asking. Or if I just die foreveralone.jpg as my fortune teller/grocery clerk says I will.

#30 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

I just want him to make it unique. I love individuality ^_^

#31 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

If you do it right, if the heart song is clean and strong and right, if the heart song sings; then there comes a moment in your soul. You no longer wonders, "will I marry this one" but rather "I can't imagine my days with out being married to this one".

All the rest, is just lard icing upon the sweet red devil's food cake we call love.

#32 ledawayadam

ledawayadam
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

One on one proposals are the way to go to show your deep love. Then you'll have the rest of your life to shout the praises of how much you love her.

#33 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

I proposed to my husband. I didn't do any fireworks or massive declarations of love, we were out for a walk getting the baby to sleep and I just told him I wanted to spend my life with him and asked him to marry me :)

It was perfect for us and that's all that matters!

#34 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

being a guy, and having dated my current gf for 2 years, I have thought about it. It would incorporate our first date, and one of our recurring...uh...what should i call it, well, it is sort of a recurring date we have. it goes super well in my head. ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users