• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#76 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

I can't help that brown rice is tastier and healthier! It's just a fact of life.

You know what they say. Once you go brown, you never..
Oh wait, that's black.
Is there black rice?

#77 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

I can't help that brown rice is tastier and healthier! It's just a fact of life.

Heheheh~ I personally prefer white rice over brown :p
Brown is still pretty tasty though!

Oh wait, that's black.
Is there black rice?

Yep, or at least when I cook it!

Edited by Turnip, 19 June 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#78 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Oh wait, that's black.
Is there black rice?

Burnt rice? Does rice even burn?

You're tasteless.

#79 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

You're tasteless.

H-humph :(
Also yep, black rice does exist! http://preview.tinyurl.com/cwxjdhh

#80 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I love your member title xD Definitely white rice for me, and basmati rice is so amazingly yummy <3 Unrelated, but parboiled rice smells so completely, utterly vile.

#81 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

You know what, fuck rice. Escamoles all the way!

#82 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

You know what, fuck rice. Escamoles all the way!

........I googled images for that!!! GAAAAHHHH!!!!

#83 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I take it you are trying to invoke my wrath? Oh, I've have already thrown you into the "pathetic little slime toad" category, very little you could possibly say in this electronic darkness matters that much.
Just remember, my child while not an NDN has been trained well by her elders. She could take your liver out and feed it to the birds.

I'm sure I've dealt with worse than a pissed 10 year old.

#84 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

I guess instead of invoking the wrath of coltom it just Frizzled out.

#85 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I love your member title xD Definitely white rice for me, and basmati rice is so amazingly yummy <3 Unrelated, but parboiled rice smells so completely, utterly vile.

Do you parboil it yourself or buy it like that? I've never had a smell problem with dehydrating/re-hydrating it myself.

#86 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

This is a nice blend of nice, crazy and sometime funny. I wasted my time over at that battler webpage, even if they got me the right battle set for the poorly explained Wraith Menace.
Punkrockbigmouth, if you ever want to get into a nasty fight go to a NDN site and start discussing blood quorum and tribal membership. Emotions run high, and there are so many wanabees and tans-in-cans, not to mention the mystic fakes. My genetics are complicated, my membership compromised by my second marriage, well third as I married the same beloved one twice. I am still on the rolls, I qualify but do not accept my share of the gambling revenue but give it to my first beloved one's family/clan. My first beloved was a good woman, a glorious soul who considered me red enough to be her husband, to be there for her as the leuk took her from this world. That is the measure by which I judge myself. Still, the people of the long house normally set that as the standard, no man has achieved anything if he has not pleased the women. My relatives are Haudenosaunee, the people of the long house. We're also the inventors of that silly haircut so many of the punk rocker wear. We were at a time the most successful confederation in North America, but we traded honour for power, and gained neither.

My beloved one's daughter is not native, only through the mother is membership passed. Her name means light reborn, and she honours that name.

Recipe for a Hoppin John, ala Alfalfa's of Lexington Ky.'

Bottom layer About a cup of brown rice
Layer of blacked peas, cooked until soft but not mush, season as needed
Layer of tomatoes, the tricky part. Dice course, drop into a quart of boiling water with 1 T salt, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar. When the skin just begins to peel away, drain and cool.
Layer of grated sharp cheese, they always use a white cheddar
Course chopped onions, course chopped peppers.

Strange, if you had the skill and honour to survive with even a well trained 10 year old, I expect you'd not be saying vulgar and inappropriate comments about children in the first place. Hey, I understand, the adult women will have nothing to do with you, you feel the little cringe and shudder they express whenever you are near. You're isolated, alone, unloved and with little prospect that things will ever change.
So, why not get attention any way you can. Obviously, you don't have the skill or style to obtain in the right way, the honourable way. You sink to vulgarity against a sweet and innocent child, just because otherwise the adults will pay you no attention at all. Sad.

#87 Suou

Suou
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Constant mentions of pleasing women and a recipe exchange?

Mein Gott, this thread really does have everything.

#88 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

Hey NDN guy what do you think of my "attached image"?

#89 CaramelPudding

CaramelPudding
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Shit, I love you guys.

#90 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

James, that is a cute image. I think the puppy is upset because he can't find the salt and the tequila.
Suou, I mean pleasing as in the usage of doing actions worthy of their love. Women of the longhouse traditionally own all property, children and some would say the men. A man should own only his heart and honour. I get more traditional, when the heart acts up.

Not to say that the other usage of the phrase "to please" is not also a valid concern, or a skill required of a balanced soul. A man that does not understand the song of touch, taste and sweat isn't worthy.

I celebrated the medical fit for duty stamp by taking daughter to a county fair last night. She can no longer stand for daddy to ride with her, I suspect next year she'll not even want me to be there. They did not have the bet on the mouse booth this year and I love the bet on the mouse wheel.

#91 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Holy shit, OP's posts had me thinking I was back to reading Kazuo Ishiguro's 'The Unconsoled'. A tedious and irritaing read even if it may be a masterpiece

Edited by Pilot, 20 June 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#92 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Holy shit, OP's posts had me thinking I was back to reading Kazuo Ishiguro's 'The Unconsoled'. A tedious and irritaing read even if it may be a masterpiece

In the beginning was the word, and the word was truth. My religion demands that I seek truth, even when the truth hurts. You are absolutely right that my attempts at prose are viewed by many (most?) as over flowerly. Almost a logistical puzzle, that some enjoy but most dislike. My own editor says these harsh words, and she's a former lady love who holds me with fondness of her heart. She's offered to hold me in other places, but my wife does object most strenuously to those offers.

"And did he sit upon that throne of ice, did he take his place beside the Queen of Ice and Pain". The old man smiled and then turned his eyes down and inward, weariness wrapped into his words, "No, no children. He did not. May you never have to make the choice, may you never be in that place, but all thrones in the place of Ice and Pain are just another trap, another punishment, another mistake of the moment regretted for eternity. I don't know what would have happened if he took that throne, but be grateful he did not."

He smile, as if remembering a long cherished secret. "No, as the little daemons screamed and wailed, as the others looked upon waiting for what they knew not what, as the whole of this eternity of darkness stopped, he knelled. He knelled beside her, beside the little fire of unpleasant smoke that provide the only warmed to the damned, he knelled before her with eyes down, with heart open, knowing he was a clever man that had done something that never had been done, but knowing that was not enough. "My Lady, I am unworthy, I have nothing, I can give you nothing, except my promise to try to be worthy of you. In this places of tears and ice, I have nothing to give, nothing to offer, no name, no clan, no honour. I have nothing, yet say to you that I am as you would have me be, I will serve if you say serve, I will scream your name as I rush the Master of all ice, if you wish it of me". He bowed ever lower, not looking upon the queen damned to care for the fools, the cowards, the ones that had not been worthy. She reached down, and tilted his head towards hers, his eyes of the colour of the deepest forest soil, looked into her eyes of green and brown that matched exactly the colour of sunlight dancing through the forest on a summers day. In that moment, in that sliver of time, her heart sang. In that song, as eyes danced their dance, in that song for that moment, in the that sliver of time, even the ice and pain of that place could not hold them. A scream arouse, a great and terrible and glorious screamed arouse from all of the little darkling demons, for when those eyes danced, when those hearts sang, it was no longer Hell. In that sliver, in that moment the song was right. The ice was gone, the smoke was gone, the fools and cowards that had not been worthy, but whom had risked their nothingless for Clever Man in his chance to woe the Queen of Ice and Pain, in that moment they were free to find their way to where they'd go next. Thus, Clever Man and She whom had been the Queen of Ice of Pain were free, to find their way to where they must go next.

He smiled and continued,

Well, its still a work in progress.

Edited by coltom, 20 June 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#93 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Strange, if you had the skill and honour to survive with even a well trained 10 year old, I expect you'd not be saying vulgar and inappropriate comments about children in the first place. Hey, I understand, the adult women will have nothing to do with you, you feel the little cringe and shudder they express whenever you are near. You're isolated, alone, unloved and with little prospect that things will ever change.
So, why not get attention any way you can. Obviously, you don't have the skill or style to obtain in the right way, the honourable way. You sink to vulgarity against a sweet and innocent child, just because otherwise the adults will pay you no attention at all. Sad.

Well you was about interesting for about a day. Thanks for pretending to be original, you'll fizzle out in 2-3 weeks top.

#94 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well you was about interesting for about a day. Thanks for pretending to be original, you'll fizzle out in 2-3 weeks top.

Big words from someone that insults little girls and has taken as his screen name a type of mutant defective chicken breed.

http://www.feathersi...RKFrizzles.html

#95 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Welcome

Edited by iargue, 20 June 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#96 Suou

Suou
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Suou, I mean pleasing as in the usage of doing actions worthy of their love. Women of the longhouse traditionally own all property, children and some would say the men. A man should own only his heart and honour. I get more traditional, when the heart acts up.

Not to say that the other usage of the phrase "to please" is not also a valid concern, or a skill required of a balanced soul. A man that does not understand the song of touch, taste and sweat isn't worthy.

Well, this shorthouse allstar knows that her definitions of "to please" overwhelmingly overlap.

#97 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Welcome

Thank you. I am a little curious about this restocking program of yours and the countre measures that they use. I got from a FAQ that you could tune a delay in buying, but wouldn't you want to set a mean delay and then place a random number generator around that delay to provide a random range of buy times? You could even put a randomizer on it to provide limited periods of activity but not raise flag to make your bidding seem too robotish. Not that I really agree with the morality of such a thing, I found it frustrating to never be able to get a good buy in any of the shops, not a great way to make money. Please don't tell me I was playing against bots in KeyQuest, that would make me sad.

#98 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Please don't tell me I was playing against bots in KeyQuest, that would make me sad.

You weren't.

#99 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Well, this shorthouse allstar knows that her definitions of "to please" overwhelmingly overlap.

As you say. The sadness is that certain skills that are much appreciated for the first dozen years sometimes loss their lustre. My own beloved left me after a mere two decades, and while she grew to curse the lack of talents in others and missing mine, it was not enough for me to keep her heart. No, it took me becoming a better man, realizing that just because I wasn't wrong, did not mean I was right.

And speaking of overlapping, generally that has very little to do with pleasing!

#100 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

I got from a FAQ that you could tune a delay in buying, but wouldn't you want to set a mean delay and then place a random number generator around that delay to provide a random range of buy times? You could even put a randomizer on it to provide limited periods of activity but not raise flag to make your bidding seem too robotish. Not that I really agree with the morality of such a thing, I found it frustrating to never be able to get a good buy in any of the shops, not a great way to make money.

We've thought of all of that. What works is implemented, what doesn't is discarded.
The young ones you're preaching to aren't so incompetent as you might imagine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users