• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#826 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

I love nailpolish and nailart and can't live without nice nails, but I hate how much time it takes. If you ever see me with just plain coloured nails, possibly dark, you'll know I haven't had time to groom myself #yuck

#827 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

YOU CAN TALK TO ME ABOUT IT! I LOVE BABIES AND VAGINAS AND TALKING ABOUT FERTILITY!

Yes, you have the right to be upset about it. It's your body and your feelings and you have the right to know whatever you want about both.

:3 EEEE I SURELY WILL! THANK YOU! We are now on the two week wait to see if baby Stag comes around. Good thing I have games to distract me. :whistling:

I love nailpolish and nailart and can't live without nice nails, but I hate how much time it takes. If you ever see me with just plain coloured nails, possibly dark, you'll know I haven't had time to groom myself #yuck

I wish I had time to do my nails. But I'm a nervous biter, so I sort of need to work that out, first. :|

#828 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

Today I learned caffeine makes breast tissue "ropey." I went for my annual exam and she made me feel it explaining it was normal and if it gets tender to jut cut back on caffeine. I guess the more you know.

#829 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

Today I learned caffeine makes breast tissue "ropey." I went for my annual exam and she made me feel it explaining it was normal and if it gets tender to jut cut back on caffeine. I guess the more you know.

Can you come feel mine and tell me if it's ropey?

#830 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Can you come feel mine and tell me if it's ropey?

Omw.

#831 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

That probably means you have fibrocystic breasts. I'm pretty sure I have the same thing because my breasts get very tender depending on the time of month, but I don't have any noticeable lumps or thickening. Caffeine isn't necessarily the cause, although it may contribute to the thickening of breast tissue, and many have found that eliminating caffeine has improved their symptoms.

#832 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

That probably means you have fibrocystic breasts. I'm pretty sure I have the same thing because my breasts get very tender depending on the time of month, but I don't have any noticeable lumps or thickening. Caffeine isn't necessarily the cause, although it may contribute to the thickening of breast tissue, and many have found that eliminating caffeine has improved their symptoms.

Yeah, she told me that. But with the amount I drink it's probably caffeine.

Fun little note: I had the appointment with the midwife since the doctor is booked to August. Nbd. She has a student with her. Also nbd. While going through my family medical history she gets paged for a delivery and the student finished my exam.

#833 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

@Trichomes @Jess I told my girlfriend and she was super comforting and not at all upset

#834 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, she told me that. But with the amount I drink it's probably caffeine.

Fun little note: I had the appointment with the midwife since the doctor is booked to August. Nbd. She has a student with her. Also nbd. While going through my family medical history she gets paged for a delivery and the student finished my exam.

I once had a gynecological exam with a nurse practitioner (or maybe PA?) because the doctor was busy, and during the pap smear, she spent about 10 minutes trying to find my cervix. Then she basically scolded me for not telling her I had a tilted uterus, which I didn't even know at the time. The whole experience was pretty traumatic, and I ended up having a panic attack after she left the exam room.  :/

@Trichomes @Jess I told my girlfriend and she was super comforting and not at all upset

Good! Hopefully you're feeling relieved now that you've talked to her and no longer have to keep your emotions bottled up.

#835 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

I once had a gynecological exam with a nurse practitioner (or maybe PA?) because the doctor was busy, and during the pap smear, she spent about 10 minutes trying to find my cervix. Then she basically scolded me for not telling her I had a tilted uterus, which I didn't even know at the time. The whole experience was pretty traumatic, and I ended up having a panic attack after she left the exam room. :/

My mom knows both the actual doctor and the midwife, so a bad exam wouldn't end well. But I didn't need a pelvic exam thanks to the new pap smear rules. Unless I wanted one because I had an issue I wanted to discuss. But my lady bits have been good.

#836 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

My mom knows both the actual doctor and the midwife, so a bad exam wouldn't end well. But I didn't need a pelvic exam thanks to the new pap smear rules. Unless I wanted one because I had an issue I wanted to discuss. But my lady bits have been good.

Man, the last time I had my pelvic the doc shoved the duck bill in so hard I squeaked. She's so great at everything else but the exam was VERY uncomfortable.

#837 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

Man, the last time I had my pelvic the doc shoved the duck bill in so hard I squeaked. She's so great at everything else but the exam was VERY uncomfortable.

At least you didn't orgasm. THAT would be awkward.

#838 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

I thought a pap shmear was something that happened to penis's. X_X.

#839 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

I thought a pap shmear was something that happened to penis's. X_X.

Darlin I hope you don't get pap smears in your penis.

Just shove an umbrella up there and open it and you'll get the full effect. Not a big one though, like a little margarita one.

#840 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

Darlin I hope you don't get pap smears in your penis.

Just shove an umbrella up there and open it and you'll get the full effect. Not a big one though, like a little margarita one.

My imaginary penis just inverted

#841 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

At least you didn't orgasm. THAT would be awkward.

The thought makes me shudder, that duckbill she used wasn't one of the nice ones. Ugh. I feel like my vagina crawled inside of itself. :p

#842 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

My work here is done.

#843 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Good! Hopefully you're feeling relieved now that you've talked to her and no longer have to keep your emotions bottled up.

Yeah, I am. Everything's fine now :)

Speaking of the speculum, I remember giving a couple presentations on that device. It was amusing enough the first time that I did it again for the next class that wanted a presentation on the topic of my choice.

Oh the looks of discomfort on their faces XD

Edited by Guppie, 11 July 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#844 stagsong

stagsong
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

Speaking of the speculum, I remember giving a couple presentations on that device. It was amusing enough the first time that I did it again for the next class that wanted a presentation on the topic of my choice.

Oh the looks of discomfort on their faces XD

LOL - I would have loved that. Especially the men I'm sure. >.>

I'm tired of feeling like someone is prodding to stabbing me in my uterus. Either betray me and bleed or tell I'm pregnant, but let's move on. I've been having cramps for over a week, this is REALLY annoying.

#845 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

LOL - I would have loved that. Especially the men I'm sure. >.>

I'm tired of feeling like someone is prodding to stabbing me in my uterus. Either betray me and bleed or tell I'm pregnant, but let's move on. I've been having cramps for over a week, this is REALLY annoying.

Yeah, I think some of them had no idea that a pap smear involved duck lips

I got a disposable speculum from the local health clinic and made them pass it around :p

#846 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

I told my girlfriend and she was super comforting and not at all upset

Regardless, I think you're right. I should probably tell my girlfriend. I've mostly been holding off because I don't know how she would feel about the idea that our friend may have knocked me up (even though it was very temporary if he did). She loves me, and I expect she'll be super supportive, but I don't know...I'm always worried about making people uncomfortable, especially the ones I care about.

Good to hear on all counts :)

Also, I know what you mean about making people uncomfortable, I'm glad to hear that you have people in your life (as well as on the internet) who will wade through discomfort (or not feel it at all) and are supportive nevertheless,

#847 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

Ladies

How to do you clasp your bra? In the front or in the back?

http://www.buzzfeed....qpgp#.qyPQ75wEk

I do mine in the front then turn it around.

#848 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

Ladies

I clasp mine in the back. I didn't realize this was even a thing...

I've never struggled with putting a bra on the normal way. Not being able to see what I'm doing isn't really an issue because I use muscle memory. I'm also not very large chested, and my arms are relatively flexible, so maybe that helps too.

#849 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

I clasp mine in the back. I didn't realize this was even a thing...

Ladies

I clasp mine in my hands and then pull it over my head. 

#850 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

I clasp mine in my hands and then pull it over my head. 

That's interesting. I don't like pulling things over my head, so I avoid doing it whenever possible. Do you put your deodorant on after your bra? I would imagine you'd constantly get deodorant stains on your bras if you did it the other way around.

Also, do you (or anyone else that has trouble clasping bras in the back) also find it difficult to button/unbutton, zip/unzip, or tie things in the back?

And most importantly, how do you take your bra off? Do you first take your shirt off, then your bra, or unclasp first and take it off stealthily?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users