• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

So, yeah. This thread is to counter that estrogen bullshit thread. Only guys allowed.

Shit we can talk about:

• Women (Of course)
  • Automobiles
  • Sports
  • Barbeques
  • Any other manly thing you can think of
Discuss.

Revisions:
This was intended to be a preemptive thread, not retaliatory. Unfortunately, while I was thinking and typing, Mishatu managed to post. Girls are allowed, so long as they conform to the rules.

New topic suggestions [Which previously fell into "Any other manly thing you can think of"]:
  • Drinks - of manly kinds. While men can enjoy "girly" drinks, they have no place in this topic.
  • Automobiles is expanded to include all "manly" vehicles. No, your Barbie Power Wheels are not manly, but if you want to talk about your new bike, something awesome you've worked on, or anything like that, feel free.
  • Work - Because men get shit done. [That should get the women/girls here riled up, right?]
  • Facial hair.
Once again, anything that is manly can be discussed. These are merely suggestions. Anyways, my little shoutout to STM, or whatever name he goes by now:

Discuss.

Note: The original topic can be found by clicking on the arrow in the top left corner of the quote box. Please do not reply there if it is not locked. It is old, and it had a good, manly life.

#2 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Where have you been bitch?

#3 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Where have you been bitch?

I've been everywhere, man.

Seriously, though, I've been busy with school and other things. I forget about this place for long stretches of time, but when I get the free time I love to drop in. Normally its just into the IRC to see if anyone is there and wants to chat. Right now I'm working an internship for 40+ a week, and in the fall I go back to complete my senior year of college. So... yeah.

#4 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Sounds busy! Where do you go to school?

#5 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sounds busy! Where do you go to school?

I'll send you a PM about it. I don't like the idea of giving out too much information about myself in the public forums. It shouldn't be too hard to piece together where I go, if you had time to scrounge through my post history over the past four years, but still...

#6 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Best seasonal beer imo

Posted Image

#7 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Best seasonal beer imo

Posted Image

Yes! Delicious stuff. I haven't had much beer lately because I've been trying to lose weight, so right now I just have some Seagram's Seven and some cheap-ish vodka on hand. Basically, I got a bunch of stuff that I knew I could mix with one thing: Seven-Up/Sierra Mist/Sprite.

#8 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Best seasonal beer imo

Posted Image

Have never even seen this brand, looking into that

#9 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

It might be a midwest thing. But do yourself a favor and give it a shot. Amazing summer beer

#10 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

It might be a midwest thing. But do yourself a favor and give it a shot. Amazing summer beer

Reminds me, have you ever had Spotted Cow? That's another one of my favorites. I'm afraid it is Wisconsin only, but it is great.

Posted Image

It's brewed in Wisconsin, and it may not make it far out of the Midwest. I know Leinie's makes it to Minnesota for sure, but I am not sure where else.

#11 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image

#12 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

The hobo delivered, kinda. I've got another manly man for this thread:

Posted Image

#13 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Reminds me, have you ever had Spotted Cow? That's another one of my favorites. I'm afraid it is Wisconsin only, but it is great.

Posted Image

It's brewed in Wisconsin, and it may not make it far out of the Midwest. I know Leinie's makes it to Minnesota for sure, but I am not sure where else.

Never seen/heard it. What's it like?

#14 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Never seen/heard it. What's it like?

I'm no beer connoisseur, unless you need to know about piss beers (Or "college" beers, whatever you prefer), and I don't have it frequently. I've never been good about putting stuff into writing when it comes to how something smells or tastes, but it has been reviewed quite a few times.

Also, this reminds me, have you ever had Blue Moon? That's another one I haven't had in a long time but I remember liking.

#15 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Awww yeah. Another 150+ page topic? :)

I honestly thought you were reviving the old thread until you made it v2

#16 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm no beer connoisseur, unless you need to know about piss beers (Or "college" beers, whatever you prefer), and I don't have it frequently. I've never been good about putting stuff into writing when it comes to how something smells or tastes, but it has been reviewed quite a few times.

Also, this reminds me, have you ever had Blue Moon? That's another one I haven't had in a long time but I remember liking.

Blue Moon and Boulevard Wheat (a Kansas City beer) are two of my favorites.

That Spotted Cow sounds like something I would like!

#17 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Awww yeah. Another 150+ page topic? :)

I honestly thought you were reviving the old thread until you made it v2

I contemplated doing it, until I realized the original is two years and three months old. That wasn't happening. Anyways, the original far surpassed my expectations, and I don't think I ever went through all of it due to inactivity.

Blue Moon and Boulevard Wheat (a Kansas City beer) are two of my favorites.

That Spotted Cow sounds like something I would like!

I'll try and get my hands on a six pack of Boulevard Wheat. I'll hit up the store that is most likely to have it on my way home from work tomorrow. The wiki page says it is distributed in 20 midwest/great plains states.

#18 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

I contemplated doing it, until I realized the original is two years and three months old. That wasn't happening. Anyways, the original far surpassed my expectations, and I don't think I ever went through all of it due to inactivity.

I'll try and get my hands on a six pack of Boulevard Wheat. I'll hit up the store that is most likely to have it on my way home from work tomorrow. The wiki page says it is distributed in 20 midwest/great plains states.

In my somewhat limited beer experience, Bouly Wheat is my favorite all around beer. Refreshing but full, great flavor but far from bitter. Awesome beer.

#19 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

In my somewhat limited beer experience, Bouly Wheat is my favorite all around beer. Refreshing but full, great flavor but far from bitter. Awesome beer.

I read up on a bit, and I am definitely interested in trying it.

But yeah, I'm really limited. I've hit plenty of macro-brews, and plenty of cheap, shitty beers - And dabbled in malt liquor a few times. Edward 40 hands... And no Mickey's, there is no such thing as "High quality malt liquor". Although Olde English 800s weren't that bad.

But other than that, it gets limited:
I've been at parties which served some Lakefront brewery beer- No idea what it was.
I've had plenty of Summer Shandy, a few bottles of Blue Moon and Spotted Cow, and two different Sprecher beers: Black Bavarian and one other, but I'm not sure. Neither suited my taste.
Other than that, not much else sticks out. Too many macro brews because they're cheaper and I was broke.

Oh, but since I brought up Sprecher, they have some DAMN good root beer, orange soda, and creme soda.

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

On the topic of beer....

Posted Image

#21 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Ohhhhh Corona. That was one of my first beers ever. Vacation in Mexico with my family when I was 17 or 18. I've had it a few times since. It's alright, but definitely not a go-to for me.

#22 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

On the topic of beer....

Posted Image

I can piss in a bottle for free

#23 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

I can piss in a bottle for free

But is it alcoholic piss? If so, you'll be in business...

#24 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

But is it alcoholic piss? If so, you'll be in business...

Fair point

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

Quote:

Unlike almost every other beer in the U.S. market, Corona is bottled in clear glass rather than brown or green. Those who know beer recognize that light is an enemy of the brew, turning beverages exposed to it "skunky." The lime, therefore, masks the altered taste resultant from Coronas' having been exposed to light by virtue of their packaging.
Corona is a mild-tasting beverage, with the inserted lime adding its only discernable note of flavor.

I drink my Corona without lime because I am partial to the "skunky" taste it has, reminds me of my stoner days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users