#1 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93wAqnPQwk&feature=player_embedded

See how the internet (well, reddit) responded.

#2 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

Anyone else feel like teaching these kids a little lesson? :reaper:

#3 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

4chan discovered this video early yesterday evening.

I was on the thread where it was posted the first time.

It was crazy to see people who can be as awful as /b/ band together and spread awareness.

It just goes to show you that 4channers like cats and old ladies. x3

Also if I were there I would have kicked the living shit out of them. :*

#4 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

Brb getting my belt

#5 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

This makes me so unspeakably ANGRY. Those kids deserve a severe beating within an inch of their pathetic, disgusting lives!!!

I really hope her kids decide to step up and support her monetarily so that she can quit that thankless job. I can only imagine what's going on with her blood pressure while she's sitting in that bus with those little bitches.

I love how giving people are being, I wish I had a credit card now >.<'

#6 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

4chan discovered this video early yesterday evening.

I was on the thread where it was posted the first time.

It was crazy to see people who can be as awful as /b/ band together and spread awareness.

It just goes to show you that 4channers like cats and old ladies. x3

Also if I were there I would have kicked the living shit out of them. :*

You're a fool if you think 4chan raised $100k... this would have fizzled out in a day without any action beyond DDOSing the school's website if someone hadn't put it on reddit.

#7 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

You're a fool if you think 4chan raised $100k... this would have fizzled out in a day without any action beyond DDOSing the school's website if someone hadn't put it on reddit.

Yeah all 4chan is doing right now is sending Pizza and other annoyances to the kid's houses, e-mails, and phone lines.

#8 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

This makes my heart cry :(

#9 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Unfortunately the mainstream media seems to have become aware of this story. Do not, and I repeat DO NOT, read the comments on any of their articles about this.

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

This is just horrible. I hope now people will think before telling bullied people, "Bulling is a fact of life, it happens to everyone. Get over it." She's just an old lady, who could be your grandma. :(

Thanks for the warning about the media Bone.

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

This is terrible. I don't even know what to say.

Those kids need to be disciplined.

#12 Shwag

Shwag
  • 274 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Jeeze times have changed fast. I was in middle school only 8 years ago. No one talked with that kind of language back then. Parenting these days is going down the shitter.

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Jeeze times have changed fast. I was in middle school only 8 years ago. No one talked with that kind of language back then. Parenting these days is going down the shitter.

Keep in mind you probably didn't grow up in a ghetto. Disturbing either way, though.

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I've found that kids are getting worse too, when i was in year 7 at school i wouldn't even look the year 11's in the eyes, of course when i get to year 11 the year 7's are back chattin' and tryina start fights with us... left us like wtf?
I also heard some little kids saying about how this tyre swing smelt like "black mans piss", that's coming out of a kids mouth who looked about 10.

#15 ROHLY20

ROHLY20
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

What is wrong with some people?

#16 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

District Statement Regarding YouTube Video
This morning we were made aware of a troubling video that was posted to YouTube depicting students ridiculing a bus monitor. We were able to confirm that the woman in the video is a Greece Central School District employee. We immediately activated our district bullying and violence prevention response team to investigate and contacted the Greece Police Department to conduct their own investigation.

We have discovered other similar videos on YouTube and are working to identify all of the students involved. Links to the YouTube posts were also forwarded to members of the media, some of whom have reported inaccurate and concerning information including names and addresses of students alleged to be involved in the incidents. The bus involved in this incident was carrying middle school students – all of whom are juveniles. Although their behavior was inexcusable, we also have concern for the safety of all involved. We urge patience to allow us to investigate and determine the appropriate discipline.

Currently, our district security staff and Greece Police are interviewing all of those involved. The Greece Police Department has assigned an investigator to partner with us. The Greece Central School District is committed to providing students and staff with a safe environment that respects the dignity of all. We do not tolerate harassment of staff or students.

While we cannot comment on specific student discipline, we can say that students found to be involved will face strong disciplinary action. We will continue our ongoing bullying prevention and awareness training to ensure that incidents like this do not occur in the future. Specifically, the Greece Central School District has recently adopted the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, a systemic approach involving all community stakeholders to reduce bullying and other anti-social behaviors.

The Greece Central School District has a clear Code of Conduct and all staff and students have been fully trained. This behavior is a clear violation and will not be tolerated. The district will also ensure that reporting procedures are reviewed and response procedures are systemically in place.

The school sent that in response to the e-mail I had sent them about it. It's a statement they released on their website as well. I hope they actually will discipline those kids.

#17 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

At this rate she might be able to retire.. She does deserve it.

#18 andreaxo

andreaxo
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

This actually made me bawl.
Reddit is a great place to raise awareness.

#19 Shwag

Shwag
  • 274 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Keep in mind you probably didn't grow up in a ghetto. Disturbing either way, though.

I grew up in one of the most racist states in the US though, which is nearly as bad.

Edited by Shwag, 21 June 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

With the punishment of the children, I hope their punished by their parents as well. I really hope the parents don't go: "They're just middle schoolers. They're not fully mature yet." Or give some other cop out, crappy excuse about why they shouldn't be punished for this. Expulsion, mandatory community service at an old folks home, are some ideas of punishment I like.

#21 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

With the punishment of the children, I hope their punished by their parents as well. I really hope the parents don't go: "They're just middle schoolers. They're not fully mature yet." Or give some other cop out, crappy excuse about why they shouldn't be punished for this. Expulsion, mandatory community service at an old folks home, are some ideas of punishment I like.

I agree, these parents are a HUGE part of the problem. One of the fathers has come forward and said it's a 'stupid mistake'. Wtf? His son and all the other nasty kids involved need a thorough introduction to the belt/slipper/hand/tree branch.

The father of one of the teenage boys who was involved in the bullying says his "heart broke" to see that his son was part of the abuse, but that the boys have suffered enough with their faces made public in the video.
"My family's received death threats," Robert Helms told ABC News. "He's a 13-year-old kid. It was a stupid mistake and he's paying for it but I just think it's a little out of control."

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

There used to be something called respect in school. I've never known any kid ever in my education years who dared to fuck with someone who was put in charge. The worst would be substitute teachers, but they just tried to fool them into going off the class work and not make us do any work. In one of my classes one of the kids started insulting a substitute teacher, and he wasn't sure how to act, so he told the kid to leave, and the kid just kept insulting him, and so the teacher called security and the kid was taken away and expelled.

It would be nice to believe that some kind of punishment would have happened to the students if it wasn't made mainstream. I hope that the parents see this video and punish their kids outside of school as well. We need to raise a generation that remembers the word respect.

#23 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

"He's a 13-year-old kid. It was a stupid mistake and he's paying for it but I just think it's a little out of control."

Wow quoting a quote. Anyways, with that excuse that's a slap in the face to every bullied kid. So just because my bullies were young and it was a "mistake", means it was ok for them to torment me though middle school and freshman year of high school?

I want to go and slap that dad in the face and yell: "NO IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE! HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING. YOUR KID IS A PEICE OF CRAP! HE MADE AN OLD LADY CRY! THAT'S NOT RIGHT!"

It would be nice to believe that some kind of punishment would have happened to the students if it wasn't made mainstream. I hope that the parents see this video and punish their kids outside of school as well. We need to raise a generation that remembers the word respect.

If this wasn't main stream, I worry that the school would have covered it up and done nothing, that's what they did to me. My bullies got the old, "don't it do it again" shit. I respect my teachers when they teach me right and don't act like they're better than me and yell all the time, but I wouldn't say nasty things to them. These kids remind me of Dudley from Harry Potter, who in book one is said to: "Kick his mother all the way up the street screaming for sweets".

Edited by UmbreonQueen, 21 June 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#24 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

This makes me fucking livid.
I'm very close to my grandmother and I would fucking kill any little prick who talked to her that way. Although she would probably beat their ass first..
Still. This made me cry. How can I possibly have hope for the next generation? They have no respect for anyone.

edit;
Here's a website someone set up to donate to her

They've already passed their $5,000 goal and are close to $300,000 as I'm typing this! Amazing.

Edited by Kats, 21 June 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#25 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

This makes me fucking livid.
I'm very close to my grandmother and I would fucking kill any little prick who talked to her that way. Although she would probably beat their ass first..
Still. This made me cry. How can I possibly have hope for the next generation? They have no respect for anyone.

edit;
Here's a website someone set up to donate to her

They've already passed their $5,000 goal and are close to $300,000 as I'm typing this! Amazing.

Yeah, I linked to that in the OP. :p Just yesterday it was at less than $100,000, and doesn't seem to be slowing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users