• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Ok it's not that super special but it is a pretty good way to make money. We sell here for about two ~cookies~ per million right? And people don't often go higher than that. Riiight, ok.

Posted Image = Posted Image

BUT! my friends, but there is a whole world of ~people~ out there who don't know how cheap neopoints are, and they are called....

the neotag

Yesterday i was literally getting people to go out and buy $10 NC cards for me for only 2 million neopoints. That's effectively 5 COOKIES per million.

So how do you get in on this lucrative action? Well it's easy!

Step One: - make a tumblr

Spoiler

Step Two :- make your url something neopets-y

For example: mutantkau, faeriedraik etc.

Step Three:- Reblog/make a few funny neopets related posts so the blogs know who you are

Step Four:- Advertise away!!!

It's literally that simple, and you can make more money. However you obviously don't know these people and there is no port of call if you get scammed!!! So be careful!

Have fun trading :3 (if this post is not allowed please tell me and i'll take it down)

Edited by trizzle, 02 July 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#2 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hahahah, daaaang~ I think I might have to try this out sometime :3c

Thanks!! ^^

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Before I discovered Codex I used to buy NP on a site that sells Neopoints, Items, Accounts, Pets etc.. and was paying double what I would here! It was unreal. I was naive. Now I am a born-again Codexian.

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

You can't replace "other" with any word except for "other" :<
Seems like a fun idea :DDD tumblr frw

#5 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Before I discovered Codex I used to buy NP on a site that sells Neopoints, Items, Accounts, Pets etc.. and was paying double what I would here! It was unreal. I was naive. Now I am a born-again Codexian.

Hahah yeaah but those (rip off) sites, surely there are running costs and hosting costs and such? Tumblr is free reign baby ^_^

You can't replace "other" with any word except for "other" :<
Seems like a fun idea :DDD tumblr frw

B-b-b-but nymhy called them galaxy bucks :cry:

It *is* fun :D

#6 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'd rather let you do the hard work, then buy it off you for 3 mill :p Profit for you, no hassle for me ^_^

#7 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'd rather let you do the hard work, then buy it off you for 3 mill :p Profit for you, no hassle for me ^_^

Who says she's going to do it just to bring it here to lose money?

#8 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Seems risky to me :(

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Seems risky to me :(

QFE, my first thought exactly. Everyone please be wary when trading offsite, not only regarding scammers but some people who claim to want to trade may be jelly legit snitches in disguise.

#10 megedyz

megedyz
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Ehh, I don't know about taking advantage of the Neotag. I had a neoblog for a while, but ended up deleting it because the Neotag is just a bunch of middle schoolers. There's something off to me about taking advantage of a bunch of 15 year olds.

#11 crystalxd

crystalxd
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Interesting guide. I've seen websites sell rare items, like SuAP, for crazy amounts.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

*merrily setting up advertising for my programs on the neotag*

#13 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

QFE, my first thought exactly. Everyone please be wary when trading offsite, not only regarding scammers but some people who claim to want to trade may be jelly legit snitches in disguise.

Yeah I tried to make that warning part a bit bigger :(

However to be fair if people scam you on here do you get your stuff back? Obviously it's easier to tell who's trustworthy here because of trader feedback and stuff but, there's risk in everything I guess :3

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

Ten followers, and four messages =P

#15 PinkRainbows

PinkRainbows
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

waaaay to risky.. least here you got safe tradeers and such..

#16 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Ten followers, and four messages =P

Yay! I was just going to message you actually, see how it was going xD

waaaay to risky.. least here you got safe tradeers and such..

Haha well there is are banned members here so not all traders are safe. I've traded with 5 different people on there and they've all gone swimmingly :) But I agree, it is more risky but the payout is big (I made 8 million yesterday :D )

#17 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Seems like a moral grey area. You are essentially scamming the ill informed. :(

#18 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Let's not beat dead horses please

*reiterates*

#19 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

Considering before Codex, I was close enough to being one of these idiots, I find no moral qualms with this idea.

#20 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Seems like a moral grey area. You are essentially scamming the ill informed. :(

Not really, maybe some of them but the majority of people know. I sold some Np on tumblr for 4 other per million and when asks came to buy even after I was all sold out I told people they could buy it here for much cheaper. They said they knew but they preferred trading one-on-one on tumblr because they thought it was safer.

Let's not beat dead horses please

*reiterates*

:p Thiis thread is a dead horse? It's pretty young still. But like I said if you want me to get rid of it, I can but if it's allowed, people can still discuss right?

Or..not. I'm confused.

#21 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

:p Thiis thread is a dead horse? It's pretty young still. But like I said if you want me to get rid of it, I can but if it's allowed, people can still discuss right?

Or..not. I'm confused.

No I was referring to the comments that I had hidden that were posted above, not this thread.

#22 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

No I was referring to the comments that I had hidden that were posted above, not this thread.

Ahh ok thanks! :D That makes a lot more sense.

#23 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Ahh ok thanks! :D That makes a lot more sense.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear for those that didn't see/post them.

#24 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Eh. The majority of Neotag are a bunch of kids in middle school. There's also quite a few report happy people there so if they found out your username you're pretty screwed.

I wouldn't do it myself, mostly because I'm above taking advantage of children and the ill informed. But whatever floats your boat I suppose.

#25 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Eh. The majority of Neotag are a bunch of kids in middle school. There's also quite a few report happy people there so if they found out your username you're pretty screwed.

I wouldn't do it myself, mostly because I'm above taking advantage of children and the ill informed. But whatever floats your boat I suppose.

I use shells to trade so I'm not that bothered about them finding my username.

The five people I've traded with are all over 25 from their pictures and all know about neocodex (I take the chance to advertise when and where I can :) ) and the better rates here. To be honest the 'neoblogs' hardly ever contact me, it's random blogs that follow the neopets or neotag tags on tumblr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users