Photo

The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#326 Cype

Cype
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Granola with yogurt, with blueberries and strawberries for breakfast.

Sandwich with either turkey or ham with mayo and lettuce.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with banana slices. Two of those.

Hot dogs and beans are a classic.

My workout by itself without food is 1mile+ running, and then lifting. Rotating I do deadlifts and shrugs. I do curls when I feel like it. Usually every other day.

Diet needs some serious work.

#327 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Burpies are Satan.

#328 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I was inspired by Crossfit Games (http://games.crossfi...-brian-chontosh) and rowed a half marathon (21 097 m) with C2 today. :)

#329 jhawk2207

jhawk2207
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Agreed!

Been gaining solid mass while leaning out this summer. I'm coming in at about 10-11% right now, 175. Haven't maxed any of my lifts all summer but have been repping good weight and making gains. Delts and back are popping hard recently. 

good stuff man, thats about what my stats are, want to get to around 210lbs 9-10% bf and a 1400lb total s/b/d what are your goals?

#330 AsteroidFields

AsteroidFields
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Straight hour of weighted workouts for big muscle groups every day (shoulders, abs, chest, etc.) and about an hour some kind of cardio. I'm slowly working up my max speed on a treadmill and getting my mile times down! Gonna get heavy enough to donate blood someday, but gaining weight in a healthy way is slow :(

#331 jhawk2207

jhawk2207
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Straight hour of weighted workouts for big muscle groups every day (shoulders, abs, chest, etc.) and about an hour some kind of cardio. I'm slowly working up my max speed on a treadmill and getting my mile times down! Gonna get heavy enough to donate blood someday, but gaining weight in a healthy way is slow :(

patience is the most important factor with working out, it's better to be slow and healthy than juice and fuck yourself up, i've heard some horror stories from that stuff, especially prohormones. you'll get there, keep up the hard work man  ;)

#332 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

good stuff man, thats about what my stats are, want to get to around 210lbs 9-10% bf and a 1400lb total s/b/d what are your goals?

Solid goals, you'll be massive at that point.

I'm looking to be around 185 10%, maybe 180 if I cut down to 8%. 

Realistically, 10% year round is an easier goal for me and goes more along with my lifestyle.

That feel when you could hit your goal on 1 mild cycle, but refuse to get on the bike :(

#333 sdijfsdkjf

sdijfsdkjf
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I got advice for you, if you want to gain muscle "eat like a pig" . Usually if you want to change your body its 80% of what you actually eat and 20% work out. I used to be underweight until I started eating stuff that tasted like shoe. 

#334 Teucer

Teucer
  • 124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm a skinny guy -- don't need to lose weight, never have had to.  But recently, I've decided to put on some muscle.

I've been working out for about 3 months now.  I hate going to gyms, so I bought some dumbbells and a pull-up bar that attaches onto any standard door frame.  I also have an exercise bicycle machine that I've had sitting around for years, but have never taken advantage of.

I mainly focus on pull ups; I do 3 sets daily, since they work out most of the upper body.  The rest of my exercises I perform sporadically, so my body doesn't get into a standard routine.  I use dumbbells mainly to target my triceps and shoulder muscles.  I also do small 45 minute sessions on the exercise bicycle machine every few days (cardio isn't my priority).

I'm not really looking for advice.  I think I found what works for me -- have already noticed some improvement.  Just thought I'd share.   ;)

#335 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Tried Tabata running for first time this morning: 20 seconds as fast as possible, 10 secs rest/walk, repeat 7 more times. I nearly threw up after the last round. :D

#336 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Jakerz checking in.

Things going good in gym. I decided to try the juice.. bought all the stuff.. took one injection and had a bad reaction to one of the oils and ended up in the hospital and out of the gym for 3 weeks LOL. lesson learned, and oddly enough the experience motivated the hell outta me to do it natural. Lifting a lot more weight and started incorporating crossfit and plyometrics a lot more. Wonder if I posted any pics on this thread from the past to compare to... will have to check.

How do yous make sure youre getting enough healthy fats? What foods do you eat?

Also, anyone know any big factors on weight comparison between two people besides bodyfat/height? I know a guy who weighs around 160 at 6ish bf%.. and he looks the same size of ppl 190 lbs at 6-7ish bf.. and around the same height? Hes a freak of nature though.. 465 dead, 315 bench, 365 squat.. at 160 lbs and 5 '11

#337 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Palo diet week 14 right now

PR Bench 265 lbs

PR Squat 315 lbs

No supplements or injections, just straight good dieting

#338 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm a skinny guy -- don't need to lose weight, never have had to.  But recently, I've decided to put on some muscle.

I've been working out for about 3 months now.  I hate going to gyms, so I bought some dumbbells and a pull-up bar that attaches onto any standard door frame.  I also have an exercise bicycle machine that I've had sitting around for years, but have never taken advantage of.

I mainly focus on pull ups; I do 3 sets daily, since they work out most of the upper body.  The rest of my exercises I perform sporadically, so my body doesn't get into a standard routine.  I use dumbbells mainly to target my triceps and shoulder muscles.  I also do small 45 minute sessions on the exercise bicycle machine every few days (cardio isn't my priority).

I'm not really looking for advice.  I think I found what works for me -- have already noticed some improvement.  Just thought I'd share.   ;)

Doing 3 sets a day is going to show you minimal improvement and what you're doing will not help you gain any real muscle.

Don't care if you aren't looking for advice. 

Jakerz checking in.

Things going good in gym. I decided to try the juice.. bought all the stuff.. took one injection and had a bad reaction to one of the oils and ended up in the hospital and out of the gym for 3 weeks LOL. lesson learned, and oddly enough the experience motivated the hell outta me to do it natural. Lifting a lot more weight and started incorporating crossfit and plyometrics a lot more. Wonder if I posted any pics on this thread from the past to compare to... will have to check.

Also, anyone know any big factors on weight comparison between two people besides bodyfat/height? I know a guy who weighs around 160 at 6ish bf%.. and he looks the same size of ppl 190 lbs at 6-7ish bf.. and around the same height? Hes a freak of nature though.. 465 dead, 315 bench, 365 squat.. at 160 lbs and 5 '11

Damn, glad to hear you're alright. 

Fats from nuts are pretty good. Not sure of the factors besides bodyfat height other than freak genetics. 

Palo diet week 14 right now

PR Bench 265 lbs

PR Squat 315 lbs

No supplements or injections, just straight good dieting

Ew paleo, but nice PRs. 

#339 Claudem

Claudem
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

I got advice for you, if you want to gain muscle "eat like a pig" . Usually if you want to change your body its 80% of what you actually eat and 20% work out. I used to be underweight until I started eating stuff that tasted like shoe. 

I'm looking to gain muscle, but when I do "eat like a pig" as you daresay, I seem to gain more fat then muscle.

#340 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm looking to gain muscle, but when I do "eat like a pig" as you daresay, I seem to gain more fat then muscle.

Because that is stupid generalized advice from an ectomorph, most likely. 

Bulk on 500 calories a day above your maintenance and do the macro split correctly. 

#341 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Depends on how you define 'healthy fat'.
(Disclaimer: I eat a pretty substantial amount of fat a day. My diet has changed since the what do you eat? thread)

I dump either an egg or half an avocado in my smoothie in the morning. Snacks are nuts or guacamole (depending on my smoothie) with carrots and stuff. I stir fry with coconut oil. Olives would be another high fat snack.I make bone broth and leave the gelatin in when I make soup or whatever. Olive oil in place of canola or veg oil in baking and other places coconut oil isn't appropriate. I use coconut milk for 2/3 of the liquid in rice. Dump butter in vegetables. Make sure your dairy products are full-fat. Use butter instead of margarine. Put flaxseeds in cereal/oatmeal/baked food.

(More controversial, but "healthy fat" things I do sometimes: lard in muffins and loads of butter in scrambled eggs.)

#342 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Does fish oil/skin count? I've found them to be pretty delicious and if it satisfies the health quota, that's a bonus!

Regarding exercise, I mainly do a series of weights, treadmills and sit-ups. I'm still currently looking for key exercises to work upon so that it's more of an all-rounder thing (not the waist haha)

#343 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Does fish oil/skin count? I've found them to be pretty delicious and if it satisfies the health quota, that's a bonus!

Count as far as fats?
Yes, they would. Wild caught fish skin/oil will have a more omega 3s than farmed fish because the farm fish are fed whatever and eat a diet higher in omega 6... Also cold water fish will have more omega 3 than warm water fish.

#344 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Does anyone have any experience with body weight fitness? I don't have regular access to the gym while im out of the country but want to still workout while I'm here. Thanks!

#345 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Does anyone have any experience with body weight fitness? I don't have regular access to the gym while im out of the country but want to still workout while I'm here. Thanks!

Check out Convict Conditioning (http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0938045768/) or Naked Warrior (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Naked-Warrior-Pavel-Tsatsouline/dp/0938045555/).

I really like those!

#346 SackSlapped

SackSlapped
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Haven't been interested in neo lately so I haven't been on here lately but i'll go ahead and add my progess:

Haven't done any gym workouts since I've been so exhausted from unloading semi's at work. I've been to the gym twice in 1 month, squatted 185lbs 3x3 both times and left.

Down to 322lbs, thats a total of 56lbs lost since about april.

#347 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

I know everyone has to start somewhere, but doing 9 squats barely constitutes as a workout. 

Awesome progress though.

#348 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hey, now. I'm doing September Squats and started with 5. Just cause you're a squatmaster doesn't mean everyone is.

#349 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

I know everyone has to start somewhere, but doing 9 squats barely constitutes as a workout. 

Awesome progress though.

Hey, now. I'm doing September Squats and started with 5. Just cause you're a squatmaster doesn't mean everyone is.

I consider not lying down for an hour a workout.

That includes sitting.

#350 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

I consider not lying down for an hour a workout.
That includes sitting.

The derpy in me finally realized there's pedometer apps. I walk over a mile and a half everyday in my living room just doing mommy shit. The days I actually get out of the house are insane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users