The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#351 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hey, now. I'm doing September Squats and started with 5. Just cause you're a squatmaster doesn't mean everyone is.

No, doing five or nine squats is objectively lazy. 

#352 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

My legs are like toothpicks holding up a jumbo marshmallow. You can't kill my flow.

#353 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

My legs are like toothpicks holding up a jumbo marshmallow. You can't kill my flow.

Mine are chopsticks

#354 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Max out day! Although even then, you'll want a number of warmup squats prior. :p

#355 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Max out day! Although even then, you'll want a number of warmup squats prior. :p

Dem warmup sets. 

#356 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Lost 30 pounds in one month. Will post a picture in a month or two :D

plz deliver

#357 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

plz deliver

Probably went on a pizza binge.
I didn't work out at all last week. It was turkey week. I celebrated turkey by eating it continuously.
Gonna do my 5 squats tomorrow and feel better about myself, though.

#358 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Probably went on a pizza binge.
I didn't work out at all last week. It was turkey week. I celebrated turkey by eating it continuously.
Gonna do my 5 squats tomorrow and feel better about myself, though.

Come on, I'm sure you can find the inner strength to do at least nine.

#359 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

plz deliver

ibd8xgyLH7c96s.jpg

#360 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

#361 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

@Adam @Futurama

You both said you would re-start working out again, I'm just doing this to make sure neither of you backed out of it.

#362 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

So last year brought girls the squat challenge craze, which most ended up doing a couple days at most then gave up.

This year the new craze is this:

Spoiler

It always makes me cringe whenever i see one of these new workout fads

#363 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I had never heard about the squat challenge, but too bad it faded out for girls at least.

Who decided to use the picture of that girl? Her back is clearly arched and the plank would be all about the form.

And 5 minutes of straight planking, NTY.

#364 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

I had never heard about the squat challenge, but too bad it faded out for girls at least.

Where do you think my 5 squats last year came from?

I decided to fix my eating first and then start exercising again.

#365 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I did 2 weeks of the squat challenge then gave up. But I'm doing workouts now that always seem to incorporate squats so it's like starting all over again. Fuck planks though. I have no upper body strength I just bought weights to try to sort that out.

#366 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

Last year I lost 40lbs total. Got a little ways to go still but I feel awesome fitting into my tubby-but-not-obese jeans. Pretty soon I'll be in my pre-tubby jeans and all will be right with the world.

I did 2 weeks of the squat challenge then gave up. But I'm doing workouts now that always seem to incorporate squats so it's like starting all over again. Fuck planks though. I have no upper body strength I just bought weights to try to sort that out.

My husband makes fun of the fact I struggle carrying a gallon of milk, check that upper body strength (yo?)!

Edited by Kiwi, 09 January 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#367 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Here's my setup at home that I have just gotten back into using now. This year will be the year I get in shape. I will most likely post a blog about my progress as I go, but for now, this is what I have to work with :D

Spoiler

#368 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I was looking at a vid just yesterday for legs and butt with no squats.

My husband makes fun of the fact I struggle carrying a gallon of milk, check that upper body strength (yo?)!

Ew ikr. I got a gun for a not-a-Christmas present and I can't safely shoot it cause no upper body strength. How dumb is that??
I don't know where to start to get that though. I used to carry Tessa everywhere and had upper body strength but it feels like the second she started walking it totally disappeared.

#369 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

I love FitnessBlender. I did their arm workout with my weights and I've been sore for 2 days.

#370 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

This year I am going to try to be selfish and spend time working out.  I miss being fit.  The challenge is trying to fit it into my schedule.  Hrmmmm.

#371 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

This year I am going to try to be selfish and spend time working out.  I miss being fit.  The challenge is trying to fit it into my schedule.  Hrmmmm.

Wake up half an hour earlier to do a 15 minute workout everyday. That way you give yourself 15 minutes to lay around arguing with yourself to get out of bed and do your 15 minute workout. If you don't think 15 minutes a day is long enough, remember, sometimes you gotta start small. Fuck, 5 minutes of a high intensity interval workout is better than doing nothing. No matter how busy someone is, everyone can afford 5 minutes.

#372 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

I tried to work out today.  I forgot my gym shorts at my apartment.  Even though it was upper body day, I did not want to work out in jeans.

Whatever, I'll do it tomorrow.

#373 mastat89

mastat89
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Im thinking about using this new hydroxcut with some type of test booster. Has anyone tried it or have any suggestions as far as supplements go? Im trying to get lean

#374 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Im thinking about using this new hydroxcut with some type of test booster. Has anyone tried it or have any suggestions as far as supplements go? Im trying to get lean

I have merged this with the Workout thread as you will most likely find someone in here that knows their stuff and you can discuss your workout at the same time :) @blue might know the best suggestions for supplements. 

#375 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Just signed up for both the forrest Gump marathon in Missouri and the Horsetooth half marathon in Colorado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users