Photo

The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#26 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm quite curious how you guys are estimating your bf% do you use an electrical impedance scale? calipers? dexa scan? I only ask because 7% is quite lean.

I mean, I'm not expert in any way but fitness and nutrition are two of my biggest hobbies so I do do a lot of reading on the subject.

I had the hydrostatic weighing done around 6 months ago, but since then i've only used impedance scales

And I have heard of misc actually random, though I've never really checked it out yet. I should really check how many macros I need aswell, the only problem I have when I do that is I have no idea how many carbs/protein/fat is in the amount of food I'm eating, as I just eat whatever they're serving that day

#27 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I had the hydrostatic weighing done around 6 months ago, but since then i've only used impedance scales

And I have heard of misc actually random, though I've never really checked it out yet. I should really check how many macros I need aswell, the only problem I have when I do that is I have no idea how many carbs/protein/fat is in the amount of food I'm eating, as I just eat whatever they're serving that day

The misc is a great place. I encourage you to join :p
Eh, guesstimate, better than nothing :p

#28 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Random I will ra- wait this ain't the misc brah. I will rep you if I get the chance.

#29 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Random I will ra- wait this ain't the misc brah. I will rep you if I get the chance.

***Posting on Neopets Forums Crew***

#30 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

4 days later and my arms are still killing me. lol.

#31 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

4 days later and my arms are still killing me. lol.

What's your protein intake?

#32 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

What's your protein intake?

Uh....not much....that's probably the problem.

#33 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Uh....not much....that's probably the problem.

Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image
+
Posted Image

=

Posted Image

Start eating, man. You'll recover and notice you get closer to your goal. Even if you're trying to slim down, you need to eat. Just do it right.

#34 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

I've recently found a way to make myself eat more.. I've been taking a picture of EVERY delicious meal I cook and posting it on fb, so every few minutes I get an email from someone saying how good it looks, forcing me to look at the picture again, and therefor making me hungry

#35 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Leg day today...nothing says happy Tusday like front squats.

#36 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm hoping you were saying eat eggs, not drink egg yolk...

#37 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Edited by jcrgirl, 13 December 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#38 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm hoping you were saying eat eggs, not drink egg yolk...

Yeah, obviously lol. Not trying to get sick.

I was never one for extreme workouts. (Isn't just being active on a daily basis and eating healthy good enough?)
Anyway, I guess I became more interested in toning my -everything- after getting extremely envious of my bf who's like 160 lbs and 5'7 with no fucking fat on his body (and he eats like a horse, wtf?)
So I want to be lean like him. Problem is, I've never done anything that -made me sore for 4 days- or whatever. I remember in gym class, once, I did 5 push ups and the rest of the week, my arms were in pain, so I'm kind of terrified of ever working out, ever. Still, I gave it a shot.

I've tried keeping up with some workout plans (videos) they suggest doing something a little different every day. I did day 1. Day 2 = I couldn't move. Day 3 = I couldn't move. Day 4 = Okay, I can walk again. Day 7 = Yay! That was a total waste of time because the recovery took so long, that I obviously couldn't keep up with the plan.

What do?
I don't want to be a body builder, and I don't want crazy insane muscles. I just want to be slim. But I really can't keep up with a daily routine, especially when I can't fucking move from soreness. Yeah, I know, drink lots of water and eat lots of protein but I've just never... ate much. Eat your breakfast, share lunch with a friend, and give dinner to your neighbor. That is how I was brought up, and I can't stomach a ton of food even if I have been exercising or active all day. The only thing that makes me hungry is swimming, which I can only do in the summer.

Suggestions? :3

The key to keeping up with a daily routine without being too sore is to get through the first two week when you are too sore.

Even if you can barely move, get to the gym or wherever you workout. Do something, even if it's like. Keep yourself sore for two weeks. Make sure you're eating well and all.

Eventually, your body is going to get used to the exercise and that's when muscle is going to start coming in. The initial shock to your system is what's gonna burn a good amount of fat and start the muscle building. I don't really know much about diet for girls, admittedly.

Theoretically, running should make you as hungry, if not hungrier, than swimming. Eating well for all 3 meals is important, but if you can't stomach more food shakes are a good supplement.

You should check bodybuilding.com to check for routines for girls. Not everything on there is for getting insane muscles, so you'll probably find something that works for you.

#39 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

The only thing that makes me hungry is swimming, which I can only do in the summer.

Try indoor swimming maybe? Zumba and Yoga are very good as well.

#40 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Does spending 45mins outside in 100°F heat with 60% humidity pushing a huge boat into the garage count as a work out? I'm knackered and in need of a shower D:

Yes, it surely does.
God help you, that's what happens in the south I guess, eh? :p

#41 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

My only "workout" consists of a 5 mile (there + back) commute to school every day on bike.

My legs seem fairly strong but my arms are weak. :p Need to lift weights or something. *not sure how this works*

5' 10", 145 lbs. I'm skinny, lol.

#42 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

It is so hot here it's not even funny. Temps reach up to 106° throughout the day and averages 85° at night. Even our AC is having issues getting it cool enough in here.
Add in the severe thunderstorms and my ass isn't sleeping a wink lately :(
I'd rather be an Eskimo at the moment D:

And I thought 95 in NY was bad :p

I like thunderstorms though, they're relaxing.

My only "workout" consists of a 5 mile (there + back) commute to school every day on bike.

My legs seem fairly strong but my arms are weak. :p Need to lift weights or something. *not sure how this works*

5' 10", 145 lbs. I'm skinny, lol.

If you lift weights you'll probably notice results instantly because I imagine you have no fat on your body.
Not that I'm imagining your body... ;)

#43 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

If you lift weights you'll probably notice results instantly because I imagine you have no fat on your body.
Not that I'm imagining your body... ;)

Nope, not much fat. I pay an athletic fee (which includes gym) as part of my tuition, so I should probably go more often. :p

#44 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'm from the UK, anything other than a normal thunderstorm makes me freak out and begin thinking of tornadoes!

So you moved from the UK to the US? Or I am I wrong in thinking you're from the US.

Nope, not much fat. I pay an athletic fee (which includes gym) as part of my tuition, so I should probably go more often. :p

If it's fat at all, it's skinny fat.
You should, you'll get your money's worth and feel much better :p

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Nope, not much fat.

Perhaps you have worms. :p

#46 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Perhaps you have worms. :p

Oh quiet you. xD I don't want to think about that possibility.

#47 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Oh quiet you. xD I don't want to think about that possibility.

Apparently they stop people getting asthma and other allergies so it wouldn't be all bad. :p Do you suffer from asthma or allergies? :rolleyes:

#48 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I moved from the UK to the US, to stay and marry :)
Been here permanently since last Nov~

Aw, that's cute :p

#49 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Apparently they stop people getting asthma and other allergies so it wouldn't be all bad. :p Do you suffer from asthma or allergies? :rolleyes:

.... no, I don't. :ph34r:

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

*washes his hands vigorously*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users