• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#76 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Aware brah.

In all seriousness I love that damn forum! So much lulz are had in the chop threads.

I'm more of a crew brah, but I love browsing. I also love trolling phaggots.

Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics.
S&P
Misc Cigar

#77 LaxBro

LaxBro
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

My workout was cancelled for this week :(. My buddy with a membership can't go today and I just use his free guest whenever he goes. Looks like no workout for me this week.

Whenever I don't have the time or energy to go to the gym I jump rope for 10 minutes or so. Great cardio and it works your arms and legs too.

#78 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

And I also listen to house music a lot, or heavy metal.

I also listen to heavy metal when I workout.

I always start my workout with this song, it pretty much makes me lift heavier.

http://youtu.be/boXkIUJCzF4

#79 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

I also listen to heavy metal when I workout.

I always start my workout with this song, it pretty much makes me lift heavier.

I listen to Taylor Swift when I work out :D

#80 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

I listen to Taylor Swift when I work out :D

Whatever floats your boat!

#81 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

I'm supposed to be training for Cross Country (I want to be in at least a single sport this year, asides for the various academic type sports. And I just don't trust myself with true competition type sports) and I can only run for about 30 seconds before giving up and walking. I can walk a very fair distance, but I'm not accustomed to running.

I'm also trying to lose some weight as well. I have a nice gut on me, as well as some fat on my legs. I'm trying to eat healthier, I'm trying about 60 ounces of water per day.

I'm really new to this whole thing, tbh. I want to work out more and just be healthier (and skinner) and I have absolutely no idea where to start.

Can I have some suggestions or help please ;w;

#82 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'm supposed to be training for Cross Country (I want to be in at least a single sport this year, asides for the various academic type sports. And I just don't trust myself with true competition type sports) and I can only run for about 30 seconds before giving up and walking. I can walk a very fair distance, but I'm not accustomed to running.

I'm also trying to lose some weight as well. I have a nice gut on me, as well as some fat on my legs. I'm trying to eat healthier, I'm trying about 60 ounces of water per day.

I'm really new to this whole thing, tbh. I want to work out more and just be healthier (and skinner) and I have absolutely no idea where to start.

Can I have some suggestions or help please ;w;

Well, I'm an ex cross country and track runner so I know some good workouts for that as well.

The first place you need to start is your diet. You need to calculate your basal metabolic rate so you can find your maintenance calories. From there, subtract 300-400 and that's what you should be eating each day: under maintenance. This will allow your body to burn off the fat that's there.

However, you also need to be conscious of what you're eating. This means that you need to eat the correct macronutrients, or close, so that your muscles can grow as well as your fat shrink.

60oz is still not enough water. I think that the general doctor consensus is 8 glasses a day, which is 96oz I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not great with water measurements :p

It seems that your big problem is wanting it but not really wanting it. If you wanted to run cross country you wouldn't stop after 30 seconds of running. Don't sprint all out, go for a jog. A light run is going to be better for you for XC anyway. Get some motivation and don't give up.

#83 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

However, you also need to be conscious of what you're eating. This means that you need to eat the correct macronutrients, or close, so that your muscles can grow as well as your fat shrink.

I agree with being conscious of what you're eating but I cannot get behind the latter part of that statement because muscle growth requires a calorie surplus while losing fat requires a calorie deficit. It is possible though if you watch your macros and calories with the right program, but you'd have to have a surplus on the days that you work out while a deficit on your off days (look into a program called Leangains, really impressive stuff backed up by scientific research)

60oz is still not enough water. I think that the general doctor consensus is 8 glasses a day, which is 96oz I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not great with water measurements :p

1 glass of water = 8 oz so 8 glasses a day is 64 oz. Obviously it depends on your activity level and the amount you sweat. You'd only really want to replace your electrolytes if you work out (and sweat) for an extended period of time 1 hour+

#84 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

It seems that your big problem is wanting it but not really wanting it. If you wanted to run cross country you wouldn't stop after 30 seconds of running. Don't sprint all out, go for a jog. A light run is going to be better for you for XC anyway. Get some motivation and don't give up.

I know. It's really hard for me to find motivation in me to keep running. I'mreally terrible at going through adversity.If I start aching or feeling bad or something,I don't have the willpower to push though it. For mental stressors (ones that don't require physical labor or exercise anyways), I seem to be very good at pushing myself through, but physical ones, such as labor, and exercise,I can't seem to push myself to do. And I don't know how to fix that.

Also, I've always loved to run, but I can only go for such short distances, which that's sprinting right? I can't differentiate between jogging and sprinting, unfortunately.And that's' not good either.

I agree with being conscious of what you're eating but I cannot get behind the latter part of that statement because muscle growth requires a calorie surplus while losing fat requires a calorie deficit. It is possible though if you watch your macros and calories with the right program, but you'd have to have a surplus on the days that you work out while a deficit on your off days (look into a program called Leangains, really impressive stuff backed up by scientific research)

At this point, I'm not looking for major muscle growth.I know if I push myself,I'll get stronger, even it's not defined as muscle growth, I'll still have a lot more stamina and generally feel better and healthier, and thats' what I'm aiming for. That probably doesn't make much sense, but simply put I'm not looking to be an award winning runner or anything, with awesome physical ability.

A glass is 8 oz and 8 * 8 =64, so I'm about right where i need to be.

Thank you though random.

#85 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

1 glass of water = 8 oz so 8 glasses a day is 64 oz. Obviously it depends on your activity level and the amount you sweat. You'd only really want to replace your electrolytes if you work out (and sweat) for an extended period of time 1 hour+

I was thinking a glass was 12oz for some reason. I don't know why :p

Perhaps I should have said strength rather than size. It is still possible to make strength gains while you're cutting.

Leangains is great, though.

I know. It's really hard for me to find motivation in me to keep running. I'mreally terrible at going through adversity.If I start aching or feeling bad or something,I don't have the willpower to push though it. For mental stressors (ones that don't require physical labor or exercise anyways), I seem to be very good at pushing myself through, but physical ones, such as labor, and exercise,I can't seem to push myself to do. And I don't know how to fix that.

Also, I've always loved to run, but I can only go for such short distances, which that's sprinting right? I can't differentiate between jogging and sprinting, unfortunately.And that's' not good either.

At this point, I'm not looking for major muscle growth.I know if I push myself,I'll get stronger, even it's not defined as muscle growth, I'll still have a lot more stamina and generally feel better and healthier, and thats' what I'm aiming for. That probably doesn't make much sense, but simply put I'm not looking to be an award winning runner or anything, with awesome physical ability.

A glass is 8 oz and 8 * 8 =64, so I'm about right where i need to be.

Thank you though random.

Well short distances is sprinting, yes. Run much slower and jog for a longer period. Work up the minutes each day/week depending on what you feel is right.

#86 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, usp labs rep wont even explain why jack3d is being pulled lol! Suspicious much? Hopefully its more for a move of making a new/better product.

It was pulled because of one of the main ingredients, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCL (DMAA).. It's banned by a lot of sporting agencies as a performance enhancing drug.. Apparently 2 soldiers died of heart attacks after taking it, though theyre unsure if it is the primary reason, and they pulled it as a precautionary measure for now

I'm a C4 man myself...thinking about trying AMIN.O. Energy.
Thoughts?

Never tried either of them, how does C4 make ya feel? you'll have to let me know about the amino one after you try it aswell

#87 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Buy a preworkout. Instant energy and pump.
And I also listen to house music a lot, or heavy metal.

Also, watching videos of dudes working out gets me amped. Not like random dudes though. Zyzz, Ronnie Coleman, Greg Plitt, etc.

No excuses. Pushups, situps, pullups...

http://youtu.be/07xyK3Efyps

No weights, dude's are yoked.

How many pushups/ situps do you suggest?

#88 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

How many pushups/ situps do you suggest?

Depends on your ability.

I've done the 100 pushup challenge and it got me a lot stronger. That was high school though.

#89 bringerlight

bringerlight
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

do some power cleans, squats. they give u mad hops

#90 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Legs day again :D

Rest day since I got a lunch date between my two jobs.

Legs are aching like a mutha, but I love it.

#91 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Didn't lift today unfortunately, went to the beach instead. Got some cardio in.

Going camping for the next 4 days so I'll do a shit ton of pullups and pushups instead.

#92 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I started working out a couple months ago. I go to the gym four times a week, M, Tu, Tr, F. Two days are Bi's and Back, two days are Tri's and Chest. I do 6-8 exercises, usually spend 2 and a half/3 hours at the gym while I'm there..

I let myself go physically for the past 6 years; started out at 220lbs, down to 200-203lbs depending on the day. Beginning in August I'll start working in cardio too; 6 years ago I used to run for fun, 4.2 miles a day.

The furthest I've ever run in a day (in my prime) was 14 miles with breaks inbetween. The furthest without breaks was 12 miles. I couldn't hold a candle to that now, so it's my goal to reach that point by December.

#93 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

No excuses. Pushups, situps, pullups...
*video*

Anyone from codex should be kept away from playgrounds by law.
Anyway, I've never been able to do a pullup. I can do situps all day and all night, but no way I can pull my chin over a bar.
:(

#94 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Anyone from codex should be kept away from playgrounds by law.
Anyway, I've never been able to do a pullup. I can do situps all day and all night, but no way I can pull my chin over a bar.
:(

You're a chick, that's fine.

#95 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

You're a chick, that's fine.

Did you just call me fat? *gasp*

#96 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Did you just call me fat? *gasp*

Didn't say that at all, you silly woman.

#97 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Okay.
So I've been working out for 2 hours a day, four days a week for the last 5 weeks.

I've made considerable progress but..a major deterrent from pushing myself a little more is the soreness.

What are some of the things you guys do for sore/achy muscles?

#98 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

What are some of the things you guys do for sore/achy muscles?

Stretch, take a cold shower, and then eat a half gallon tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

#99 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Stretch, take a cold shower, and then eat a half gallon tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I'll be sure to add the Ice cream in xP

#100 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

You're not getting enough protein and water probably.

2 hours is also a long time for starting up...what are you doing in that time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users