Quantcast

Photo

Have you ever broke up with your best friend?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

I was watching the show "I killed my bff" and I can kind of relate. Except I didn't kill my best friend, I just stopped being friends with her and told her to stop coming over my house. It's really awkward because we live 3 doors down from each other and it's awkward running into each other. But it was for the best, and I got a new best friend and he's awesome and we take the best instagram pictures together.

Have you ever left a friend? Got back together and became friends again? Tell me all the juicy details.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Good lord. You look older than 12.

#3 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

People of all ages lose friends.

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Haha I will be honest. I have stories like this.. but they occurred back in middle school.
Regardless, I had a girl that I grew up with and was very close to and we're no longer friends. More like acquaintances.
I guess it's just a part of growing up, you grow apart. I am a different person now, so is she, and we're both fine with it.
We have our memories, and that's nice.

#5 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

I've grew apart from a couple friends, mostly because they got into hard drugs and I didn't want to be apart of it. Though sometimes I feel bad like I should be there to help them? Anyway I've met a lot more positive people since leaving them behind and thats starting to show in my own life. Though I'm not sure if we take nice instagram photos or not lol

#6 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

I lost one of my closest friends because she basically all but verbally admitted she wanted to screw my husband.
Now I'm wary when other chicks are around him :(

^o_____o That's just awkward. And I think you did the best. (Bias since I'm a very jealous person)

It was more everyone left me when another girl was being a total biotch to me. She made a "joke" that she was trying to make me a loner(organizing hangouts without me infront of me thing). Then when I said she was everyone took her side and pretty much left me. But all in all it was still ok I guess. I never talked to them since. Good to know everyone loves the bitch :D

#7 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

My friend and I were super close. We did everything together, we hung out whenever we could. Everything changed when she lost a bunch of weight. Once she lost weight her primary concern was going to bars and meeting Marines and getting them to buy her stuff. I hate both those things (no offense to all the military people but I live in a military town and the majority of them here are obnoxious) but I would go with her because I didn't want her to go alone or get too drunk. And I noticed that all she cared about was drinking. Before we would go to movies, go to the gym, and do fun stuff. But after a while she would only come to my house because she lives with her mom and didn't want to drink around her mom because in her culture that's offensive. Then she just started making a string of REALLY bad decisions with guys. But I was always there for her because she was my friend. But once we were at a bar and she got wasted and kept trying to get guys to buy her drinks but they were ignoring her, borderline laughing at her. So I told her lets leave and go home because she was already drunk and my ex asked me to go to the movies with him. Before we leave she grabs this guys full pint of beer, and chugs it. We're all just sitting there staring at her in silence. At that point I grab her and literally drag her out. On the walk to the train station she starts talking about how she can get all these guys to buy her things, and I never get guys to buy me things, and my ex boyfriend is ugly and she would never fuck him, and how I made out with one of her girl friends so I'm a huge whore. So I took her to Burger King, sat her down, told her not to come to my house anymore, then I went home.

#8 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hahaha congrats on the weight loss! That's epic. My friend was my height and around 140 and she constantly complained that she was fat allll the time which was crazy since I'm 20 pounds heavier than her and then she would complain that even though I'm heavier all my weight is in my ass and I'm just like "uhhh, thanks?"

#9 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Mishelle- Good thing she never wanted to do your ex @__@
But seriously I think you did the better thing to remove those kind of people. I'm sorry you didn't stay friends, but lucky for us there are millions of people on the Earth ^^

Kiwi- O[]O Wooh that's so messed up. *hug* You deserve better. I'm surprised she even admitted to doing that to you. I'm sure everyone recognized your beauty on the inside and outside. Besides, I've seen large women date the hottest man on the planet. Some nice looking men want more women. And there's nothing wrong with it.

#10 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

I have. My best friend in undergrad. We were like two peas in a pod and for the first three years of undergrad I didn't have any issues. She was more of an extrovert than I was and always had new drama but since I didn't really have anything else going on it didn't really bother me. I guess I started seeing that she wasn't a good friend after I started seeing my first real boyfriend. She was very negative about the relationship (which is still going strong btw) and actually told me to my face that it wasn't going to work out. Then she started bitching to other friends that I was spending too much time with him and not enough time with her. Once again, this was my first real relationship and we were newly dating so of course I wanted to spend time with him. Did I neglect my friends? Yes a little bit but no more than most girls do when they start seeing someone new. She'd had plenty of boyfriends while I was single and it never really bothered me when she went MIA for weeks at a time but it really bothered her. Well despite all of her passive-aggressive bitching, I continued to be friends with her and we still talked until the end of senior year when she started talking crap about me to all of my friends telling them that I was bad-mouthing them to my boyfriend...which I wasn't. She then got pissy with me after I started hanging out with other people to avoid the drama that came with hanging out with her. That was the final breaking point. I met up with her and told her I couldn't be friends with someone who was looking for a groupie and I would not be a friend of convenience. Since then, I've seen her a few times and each time I act civil but of course she cries and acts like a victim. In hindsight, I realize that she was always an attention whore and drama queen, I just couldn't really see it then.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Omg I haaaaaaaaaaaaate people like that.
But you know what Mishelle? Despite the weight she lost, your friends drunken outburst sounds like she was still insecure about herself. Sad really. Maybe it will make her realize what she is missing, not having you there anymore...

#12 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

^o_____o That's just awkward. And I think you did the best. (Bias since I'm a very jealous person)

Posted Image

I luckily have had the same best friend since high school. ;)

Edit: I lub you beb~XD

Edited by Ivysaur, 09 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Oh my god, these stories.... I'm so sorry you guys ;_; *hugs everyone in this thread* Being around people like that must be horrible!!

But heheh, despite us hardly ever being able to see each other anymore (mom and I moved around the US a lot back when we lived there, and then moved to the UK... She still lives in Texas D; ), 10 years down the road, Marmar and I are still bestest friends and still talk almost every night on WLM! We're not really the super-sociable kinda people and don't really do much outside of playing video games and surfing the net, so there isn't really much room for heart-breaking drama! Thankfully... God, I just love her so much ♥ I dunno what I'd do if we stopped being friends D:

The past couple of weeks has been pretty hard for me, regarding some other almost-irl and not best friends though :c I'm not entirely sure what's happened, but most of the people in this group I know have started having a problem with me and my boy... Like, "jokingly" calling us all sorts of rude shit and not taking our feelings into consideration and being fucking huge hypocrites. Then a few days ago they all left the Skype group we all chatted in, just like that. I've tried asking what's happened and if some new chat-thing has been made, but they're all just either ignoring me or saying nothing much than "idk". Even the guys who didn't mindlessly insult us.... And to think a few weeks ago, everything was fine! I really do want to know what caused this all to happen :/ Having irl friends is quite a bit thing for me! I never really made them in school, and the 'friendships' I did make just ended out like this one, but those ones ended a bit faster (where people would just start to dislike me for whatever reason, be all rude and shit, then leave). Not to mention I actually liked most of the people in this group! Sigh.
Well, I guess that sleepover we had planned so we could meet the new chicks and everyone could all see each other again is out now~ Hahaha...

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I suppose I am quite fortunate. All the best friendships in my life never really ended... we just slowly drifted apart. No ill will. No bad feelings. Life just gets in the way.

#15 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

So, I've been in many bf/gf relationships.

But being broken up with by my best friend was the one of the worst.

He and I were always really close. For about 4 years, we were always hanging out, inseperable.
And then one day, he just stopped returning my calls. He wouldn't look at me in the hallway. I had to ask his other friend what was up and he said that David didn't want to be my friend anymore. That was it. He didn't even have the balls to ever tell me why. I was pretty crushed for about 6 months. Like crying hysterically through out the school day, coming home listening to My Chemical Romance and crying some more because all of those songs reminded me of him.

About 2 years ago, I ran into him at Block Buster and he looked at me, froze, gave a slight wave/signature awkward smile, put down his movie and walked out.

I nearly ran out to my car to run over his fat hairy ass.
I still hate him.
In case it doesn't show.

#16 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

So, I've been in many bf/gf relationships.

But being broken up with by my best friend was the one of the worst.

He and I were always really close. For about 4 years, we were always hanging out, inseperable.
And then one day, he just stopped returning my calls. He wouldn't look at me in the hallway. I had to ask his other friend what was up and he said that David didn't want to be my friend anymore. That was it. He didn't even have the balls to ever tell me why. I was pretty crushed for about 6 months. Like crying hysterically through out the school day, coming home listening to My Chemical Romance and crying some more because all of those songs reminded me of him.

About 2 years ago, I ran into him at Block Buster and he looked at me, froze, gave a slight wave/signature awkward smile, put down his movie and walked out.

I nearly ran out to my car to run over his fat hairy ass.
I still hate him.
In case it doesn't show.

That really sucks that he didn't even have the balls to say what his deal was... seems like a really shitty way to end things to just not say anything. I'd probably be just as pissed as you :/

#17 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

I suppose I am quite fortunate. All the best friendships in my life never really ended... we just slowly drifted apart. No ill will. No bad feelings. Life just gets in the way.

Likewise. Sometimes I miss some of them... but never enough to bother actually calling them. We're all just very different people than we were when we were close friends.

#18 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Damn, this is depressing to read.

#19 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

My ex and I were really close for about a year and a half. We had just about everything in common, we loved to do stuff together, and we got along amazingly well. Then one day, out of nowhere, she started getting really distant and repeatedly accused me of cheating on her. No matter what I did to try and prove to her I wasn't, she just wouldn't listen to me. After a while, she calmed down a bit and started acting the way she did before, and finally went off to college. While she was there, I got an email from a friend saying that she'd been with a couple guys, and when I confronted her about it, she denied it, saying that my friend who'd told me was a liar. I had never told her who let me know about it, and long story short, I found out that she'd been getting into my email for months and reading everything that came through.
I confronted her about it, and she denied it even though her IP was listed in my Gmail. When I showed her proof, she finally admitted it, and told me that she KNEW I had cheated on her when she accused me of it, because she'd been on my Myspace (That I hadn't accessed in over two years at that point) and had seen messages from another girl. (From before we'd even met.)
I told her I was done, that she was crazy, and after being harassed by her for another week, I blocked her on everything I possibly could.

#20 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

TL;DR Girl's thread.

If you're a dude and you posted in here about a male friend you better have a good reason. Bros don't break up.

#21 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

It's ok, last I heard she was in a relationship with some douche bag that likes to share her with his friends. So it kinda suits her mentality.

PS: Yesh, I'm chubby but my husband LOVES it so it's allllll goood! Besides I'm losing my weight for me not him! :3

^ I didn't mean it that way T~T You're lighter than me XDD Don't think you are chubby! I'm like 5'2 lol.

Pikachu- ^^<3

#22 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Juist for the record. My new bff and one of our instagram pictures.

Spoiler

#23 Plunk

Plunk

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

TL;DR Girl's thread.

If you're a dude and you posted in here about a male friend you better have a good reason. Bros don't break up.

I've got one about two guy friends, and I've got a good reason. So I used to hang out with these two guys, we'll call them, "HOLYFUCKILOVEPENIS!", and "OHSHITI'MSORETARDEDHURRDURROHFUCK!".

So back when I used to hang out with them, I was a forever-alone kind of guy. I'd never had a girlfriend, never touched a boob, never even kissed a girl, been rejected, and then ritualistically sacrificed to a pagan god. I was all on my own, when suddenly, there was a girl! And she thought I was a pretty cool guy! And she mentioned that if I asked her out, she'd probably say yes! So I asked her out, and she said yes. For the next six months, I was having the time of my life. I wasn't alone all the freaking time anymore, and she liked to drive me places. (I had just turned 16, and my dad was too preoccupied with finding new objects to hit me with to bother assisting me in getting a car.)

Suddenly, during the last two months of our relationship, she turned into a total bitch. She kept saying that I was unappreciative of her, that she would be better off with anyone else, and that she was sick of hearing me whine about my problems. (Keep in mind, my "problems" ranged in severity from my parents getting divorced to my dad beating the shit out of me with assorted plastic, metal, and wooden objects.) When I asked her what was wrong, she told me, "You're a worthless piece of shit! If you don't want to be with me, that's fine, but at least have the balls to tell me to my face!" and then she moved to Texas. I shit you not.

So, there I was, wondering what could have prompted this sudden change in demeanor. For two months, I was absolutely clueless, until someone decided to tell me about the new rumor that was going around. According to absolutely everyone, HOLYFUCKILOVEPENIS and OHSHITI'MSORETARDEDHURRDURROHFUCK had been walking around, bragging to anyone and everyone who would listen about how they'd told my girlfriend that I'd cheated on her, and offered to help her get back at me... by double-teaming her.

And that is the story of how I dumped two of the seven people I've been friends with since Kindergarten.

#24 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I've got one about two guy friends, and I've got a good reason. So I used to hang out with these two guys, we'll call them, "HOLYFUCKILOVEPENIS!", and "OHSHITI'MSORETARDEDHURRDURROHFUCK!".

So back when I used to hang out with them, I was a forever-alone kind of guy. I'd never had a girlfriend, never touched a boob, never even kissed a girl, been rejected, and then ritualistically sacrificed to a pagan god. I was all on my own, when suddenly, there was a girl! And she thought I was a pretty cool guy! And she mentioned that if I asked her out, she'd probably say yes! So I asked her out, and she said yes. For the next six months, I was having the time of my life. I wasn't alone all the freaking time anymore, and she liked to drive me places. (I had just turned 16, and my dad was too preoccupied with finding new objects to hit me with to bother assisting me in getting a car.)

Suddenly, during the last two months of our relationship, she turned into a total bitch. She kept saying that I was unappreciative of her, that she would be better off with anyone else, and that she was sick of hearing me whine about my problems. (Keep in mind, my "problems" ranged in severity from my parents getting divorced to my dad beating the shit out of me with assorted plastic, metal, and wooden objects.) When I asked her what was wrong, she told me, "You're a worthless piece of shit! If you don't want to be with me, that's fine, but at least have the balls to tell me to my face!" and then she moved to Texas. I shit you not.

So, there I was, wondering what could have prompted this sudden change in demeanor. For two months, I was absolutely clueless, until someone decided to tell me about the new rumor that was going around. According to absolutely everyone, HOLYFUCKILOVEPENIS and OHSHITI'MSORETARDEDHURRDURROHFUCK had been walking around, bragging to anyone and everyone who would listen about how they'd told my girlfriend that I'd cheated on her, and offered to help her get back at me... by double-teaming her.

And that is the story of how I dumped two of the seven people I've been friends with since Kindergarten.

Fuck, man. Those are not bros.

I would have beaten the shit out of them even though it proves nothing.
You're a strong kid for dealing with all that.

#25 Plunk

Plunk

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Fuck, man. Those are not bros.

I would have beaten the shit out of them even though it proves nothing.
You're a strong kid for dealing with all that.

I figure that if she was stupid enough to think that I'd cheat on her, then she wasn't worth the time and effort I put into the relationship. Cheating is disgusting and people who do it are disgusting. I say that all the time, yet so far, up until my current relationship, I've been with people who just don't seem to understand how I feel about it. If someone's going to accuse me of something like that, they're not worth my time. That's how I deal with stuff like that. I find a rational way to completely dismiss the fact that they ever meant anything to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users