• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

From the editorial: "Will we be getting more Battledome avatars (or another reward system, or a war...) any time soon? Battling is the most expensive thing to do on Neopets, but there isn't much payoff. ~sovietspace
Yes."

I've been asking similar questions to TNT through the editorial for over a year now; I'm glad they finally (kinda) answered it.

I feel they kept their answer brief purposfully, so they wouldn't have to fully commit. But still, this is good.

So the next logical question is, how do you all plan on cashing in on the (possible) upcoming war?

Edited by Silver, 14 July 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#2 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

They said yes to three things there. Heck actually even more. The possibility of a war is like 5%. I'm tired of people thinking them just saying "Yes" means a war. They said yes to maybe: new avs, new reward system, war, heck they even said yes to maybe giving the BD a face lift through that answer, they said yes to everything battledome related in that answer. I won't believe it till I see it.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Anything with a win cap should be barred from using the word 'war'

#4 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

Anything with a win cap should be barred from using the word 'war'

This is so true. Knowing TNT they'll probably hand out another weapon that gives 1 hit kills if there even is a BD plot. See what I did there?

#5 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

I feel they kept their answer brief purposfully, so they wouldn't have to fully commit. But still, this is good.

Which is why I added in qualifying words into the thread topic :)

Since they probably have dozens of questions to select from on any given topic, they might have chosen this one since it encompased all the elements they chose to divuldge. A war would create an infrastructure from which they could release avators, through a reward system.

Seems legit.

#6 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Horde war material now, hype up the nebulous "unofficial comment" make a profit. Sounds like a plan.

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

That didn't last very long.

#8 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

That didn't last very long.

<-- Confused. What didn't last long?

#9 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

From what I gather, Coltom said he was leaving the forum and stop attempting to troll people. He came back.
I dunno, I was away from here myself for a while lol.

I read Coltom as Coltzan. Is that bad?

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Coltzan is actually clever.

Probably best not to read Coltom as Coltzan.

#11 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Actually, I said good night one night, and people got the wrong idea.

Coltom means Colonel Tom.

Kiwi, I might ramble, I might be a little damaged from a couple of coronary events, but trolling?

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Actually, I said good night one night, and people got the wrong idea.

Bullshit.

I did leave

#13 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Oh sweety, you know I have you on ignore.

#14 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Which is why I added in qualifying words into the thread topic :)

Since they probably have dozens of questions to select from on any given topic, they might have chosen this one since it encompased all the elements they chose to divuldge. A war would create an infrastructure from which they could release avators, through a reward system.

Seems legit.

Did you just reply to a statement you made in your own post? :p

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Oh sweety, you know I have you on ignore.

Yup, but if you click to read even one of my posts, then it'll all have been for nought.

#16 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Actually, we could mutate this topic a little. If there is a war coming, if there is an east wind blowing, what should we be hording to maximize our profits. Since I don't do any of the little bot programs or shop stealers I have to think about these things.
Healing potions and codestones are good investments when a war breaks out, ASP, well I am hording a small cache myself. The minor freezer, I can't think of which one, had a phenomenal rise lasttime. I actually got one as a "rare terror mountain weapon" on a scratch card during the Wraith war, and was ever so pleased at my selling price.

Sweeney, a very nice person asked that I not push your buttons, it would certainly be the grown up thing to do on your part to agree to do the same.

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sweeney, a very nice person asked that I not push your buttons, it would certainly be the grown up thing to do on your part to agree to do the same.

Don't be silly. You can't see my posts.
I can say whatever the fuck I want to you, and you couldn't possibly do shit all about it.
Simply because you must have chosen to read it.

Hell, I could even insult your race, religion or wife.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

I can say whatever the fuck I want to you, and you couldn't possibly do shit all about it.

Within the rules, of course.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

How can I offend or harrass a member that can't see my posts? Anything is within the rules, now.

#20 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Did you just reply to a statement you made in your own post? :p

I did, to refute a point put forth by Futurama.

Coltom, good point with the healing potions; which would you suggest?

And I'm not coming at anyone for previous posts, not taking sides since I know little about the situiation, but I'm trying to keep this thread on topic.

#21 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Nor have I complained about any rules being broken,

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

How can I offend or harrass a member that can't see my posts? Anything is within the rules, now.

It doesn't matter if they can see them or not, a post can be cruel, hateful or hurtful regardless of whether the other person sees it. ;)

5.1 - Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. Do not harass other members. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, any type of sexual, mental, forceful, and/or physical harassment.

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

It doesn't matter if they can see them or not, a post can be cruel, hateful or hurtful regardless of whether the other person sees it. ;)

Ridiculous.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

I did, to refute a point put forth by Futurama.

Coltom, good point with the healing potions; which would you suggest?

And I'm not coming at anyone for previous posts, not taking sides since I know little about the situiation, but I'm trying to keep this thread on topic.

Armoured Neggs would probably be a decent investment if a war ever happened.

Ridiculous.

Them's the rules.

#25 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I currently have a few thousand codestones, I remember those inflating during the Meridell war. I also have a few hundred Downsize! and earth scorchstones, as well as a few higher NP investments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users