68 replies to this topic

#1 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

I love the Olympics.

The opening ceremony last night was... eh. I really hate the song "Hey Jude", and the whole bit where the two teens hook up on the train with 'music through the ages' sucked. No Led Zeppelin? No Spice Girls? Come on. Still... not as lame as Canada's closing ceremonies.

I like watching Track and Field, Gymnastics, Diving, and Swimming.

I hope Michael Phelps fails. RYAN LOCHTE ALL THE WAY. I cannot STAND Phelp's smug attitude nor can I stand his deformed face. You'd think someone with so much sponsor money could at least fix their fucked up teeth and slack jaw. Jesus Christ.

Anyone else keep up with this stuff? What are your favorite competitions to follow? Anyone particularly sexy I should keep my eye on?

#2 BugsBunny

BugsBunny
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

Diving is me and my sister's favourite sport. We usually wait a few before the GIFs and the pauses of the mid dive faces come out. We love it!

#3 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

I hardly watched any of the opening ceremony. I was really disappointed with it to be honest.

Nothing can top the last Olympic's opening ceremony. o__o

I'm not big on it, never been into watching sports unless it's live but my fiance LOVES it. Hell he'd take off work if he could all week. Lol
He's huge into the track and field area, used to do it himself.
I like watching the diving just so I can look at the hot men in speedos :D rofl

#4 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

Nothing can top the last Olympic's opening ceremony. o__o

I kept thinking that the Chinese are sitting there thinking, "What the fuck is this shit?"

It's okay, BugsBunny. It's horrible to look at their faces and laugh, but I have something worse: I love it when the gymnasts fail or fall on their asses.

Yes to the speedos. Man, these athletes have some amazing bodies. Sometimes their faces are unfortunate, but I guess you can't have everything.

#5 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Ryan Lochte is also pretty conceited.
That being said, they're both Olympic athletes and can be pretty conceited :p

#6 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

The Opening Ceremony was weird. I was sitting there thinking "surely we can do better than this??" and then it got a little better. I quite liked the fact that it went through all the important British things like the NHS and GOSH :)

I love the Olympics. Go team GB!

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ryan Lochte is also pretty conceited.
That being said, they're both Olympic athletes and can be pretty conceited :p

Yeah, but he ain't the one telling me to eat fresh at Subway everytime I sit down to watch tv. FUCK I hate Phelps and his raggity assed face.

#8 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, but he ain't the one telling me to eat fresh at Subway everytime I sit down to watch tv. FUCK I hate Phelps and his raggity assed face.

Dudes doofy as fuck.

#9 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Oh, the olympics, two weeks to watch all the sports I didn't watch in the last two years.
Hooray for a six way split screen?

#10 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

The opening ceremony started off slow but got better toward the end. I hate that the US team is dressed up like flight attendants that's not a good look at all. My favorites to watch are tennis, gymnastics and diving.

#11 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

I did not enjoy the opening Ceremony yesterday one bit. Although the part with Mr. Bean was kind of funny.

I enjoy watching Gymnastics, Powerlifting, Track and Field and Diving. Might watch the occasional Football, Judo, Fencing or Beach Volleyball match.

#12 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

All I watch is Diving, Swimming and Gymnastics. Maybe high jump.

#13 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

The opening ceremony started off slow but got better toward the end. I hate that the US team is dressed up like flight attendants that's not a good look at all. My favorites to watch are tennis, gymnastics and diving.

I thought the uniform was pretty cute! Brazil team clothes were really tacky. (I'm brazilian)

I think I'm the only one who liked the opening ceremony. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't mention Doctor Who at any point :(

#14 Jiayu

Jiayu
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I thought the uniform was pretty cute! Brazil team clothes were really tacky. (I'm brazilian)

I think I'm the only one who liked the opening ceremony. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't mention Doctor Who at any point :(

They did play the TARDIS noise at some point, though it was a bit subtle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993puhW1Vs8

#15 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I thought I was the only one who found the opening ceremony strange. I liked the part with Mr. Bean, the Queen and James Bond, when those rings went into the air and came together and the lighting of the cauldron, or whatever it was this time. I didn't like the music stuff one bit. I also thought Lord Voldemort looked suspiciously like Marilyn Manson. I sadly didn't find anything really memorable, as I did with the Beijing and Sydney Olympics. Most of the time yesterday I was just baffled by the chaos. I thought they'd have played "We will rock you" or "We are the champions", although it may be too soon for the latter.. Maybe it's overdone with hockey, but it'd have been great (rather than Rolling in the Deep, wtf).

I did like the fact that they showed Tim Berners-Lee after the musical madness, but after talking to people, I realized that maybe many people just don't know who the fuck he is.

I thought Team USA looked really smart in their uniforms, I loved the way the women's skirts flowed at the bottom, so airy. Team Guyana looked like a set of pimps, seriously. Fully bright yellow suits with a bright red shirt or a bright red suit with a bright yellow shirt. It was hideous.

Oh, the olympics, two weeks to watch all the sports I didn't watch in the last two years.
Hooray for a six way split screen?

You might have meant that you last watched the Winter Olympics :p

Edited by Ladida, 03 August 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#16 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

They did play the TARDIS noise at some point, though it was a bit subtle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993puhW1Vs8

I didn't notice that!! hahahahaha

edit:

"According to the official playlist for the ceremony, there WAS supposed to be a Doctor Who and Monty Python bit after the dragged-on Mr. Bean bit, but it was cut out for time at the last minute"

I missed a Monty Python reference too...

Edited by rachelsaurus, 28 July 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#17 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I hate that the US team is dressed up like flight attendants that's not a good look at all.

LOL US outfits, like all things we sell in America, were made in China.
Who in America wears a fuckin' beret? Those bitches need some cowboy hats.
I laughed at the Germans. They looked like tourists. Which, I guess in London they are. But still. Haha.
Posted Image

There has already been some scandal, Park Tae-Hwan, South Korean gold medalist disqualified for FALSE START. See it in this animated gif..
Posted Image
If you had a hard time seeing his false start, it's because it was non-existent. Canadian official that called for the DQ had to eat crow after South Korea appealed and Tae-Hwan has been reinstated, knocking Canadian Ryan Cochrane out of the final. MWAHAHAHAHAHA

I love when this shit happens.

#18 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Isn't Park one of the best swimmers too? He's always giving Phelps a rough time isn't he? Also, Women's Gymnastics, dat ass :funone2: . Oh and volleyball.

-edit- I can also kind of see the false start, but I think it might be just him getting an amazing jump.

-another edit- That 16 year old for the US in table tennis looked great (playing table tennis not looking great as in looks...that would just be creepy from me). She destroyed that chick from Mexico.

Edited by Futurama, 28 July 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#19 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Look at these guys, they are from countries that are too new to have their own committee or that doesn't even exist anymore. They're the cutest, I think I'm rooting for them hahaha

#20 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4WipHVPdM

Look at these guys, they are from countries that are too new to have their own committee or that doesn't even exist anymore. They're the cutest, I think I'm rooting for them hahaha

Whose the girl holding the flag, I'd like her number.

#21 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I think it'll take a few more events before Beijing's godlike opening is surpassed.

#22 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

I think it'll take a few more events before Beijing's godlike opening is surpassed.

If Chicago would have won it for the 2016(?) Olympics, maybe we would have beat that. I'm kind of happy though Chicago didn't win it...I live 10-15 minutes away from Chicago, the traffic and security around my town would make me go nuts.

#23 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

To be fair, London only spent a fraction of what Beijing spent.

#24 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

To be fair, London only spent a fraction of what Beijing spent.

I didn't even watch the opening ceremony, what was up with that huge floatable person or whatever it was?

-edit- Meant to put all I saw were pictures.

Edited by Futurama, 28 July 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#25 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

I really loved the Opening Ceremony, even though I was a bit skeptic beforehand :)

That said, I watched it with a bunch of friends so we were all high on our patriotism but I thought it was a quirky mix of a lot of different bits of Britan - comedy, history, literature, music etc. and it was just really good fun :D I especially loved the 'cauldron' thing made up of all those golden petals the different countries brought in.

I say good job to Danny Boyle I think he did us proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users