• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hello All,

We have a new product in our store! You may remember I was running an NC purchasing service (old thread located here). We have decided to upgrade this service to something more official and supported by the forum itself. We are now offering you the ability to purchase NC cards directly through our store. The process is still the same (I will go to the local Toys 'R Us and pick up an NC card for you), but the transaction will be made through our store instead of through a topic. Hopefully this will be a lot clearer to all of our users, will allow greater exposure to the service than a topic could, and will allow everyone to track their purchases through the client area, just like you can with any other purchase.

There may be a few questions you have so I've included a list of the ones I could preempt here:

Where are they?
In the store ;)

Why are you charging $11.75 for a $10 card and $28.75 for a $25 card?
I am doing this for a few reasons. First, i dont drive and getting to / from the mall is a bit more costly that at first glance. To put it simply the increased cost is to pay for my transportation. Another reason is that throughout the process of the money leaving my bank account (the original purchase) and then me getting reimbursed a few fees are taken from paypal and the banks so it also helps cover those costs.

Is there a limit as to how much NC i can buy?
My credit card only has a limit of 500$ so it would be nice if you kept it under that amount, but other than that no.

I placed my order but have not yet received my code
In order to process your order, I actually have to find my way to/from the mall. While I do devote a great portion of my time to this site, I will not be on 24 hour standby to pick these up as soon as they are ordered. I will do my absolute best to try and get them within 48 hours of your purchase. Those of you who have done business with me (and there are a fair number of you) you know that I do everything that I can to try and get you the cards easily, I have even called up my fiancee several times to go and pickup the cards for me.

Why am I asked for my mailing address and phone number at checkout?
To put it simply this is a very stupid setting within IP.Nexus that we have to have enabled if we wish to use the shipping orders feature. With this setting enabled, when a purchase is made it will put your order into a queue for me to see, just like you would if you ordered a real physical item (like a shirt, or hat). This way I can mark off the orders that I have already done in a very simple way. Purchases like advanced memberships are processed automatically and therefore donot produce shipping orders. You do not have to put in your real address if you do not wish to do so. I will not be using it and therefore it is irrelevant.

How will i receive my code?
The process I used before was strictly email based, but now that we are using the forum software I will keep it strictly within the forums and send you your codes via PM.

Can you ship me the physical card that you bought at the store?

No, I like to keep a collection of my own. I can guarantee you mine is bigger ;)

That should cover it. If i see anymore good questions in the posts following i will add them to this list for others to benefit from.

Total NC Bought: 560$

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Don't forget that this way you get boxes instead of directly from Neopets using Paypal! :kirby:

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm impressed Pyro.

Great job (:

#4 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

Your card is max $500 per month right? So hopefully someone doesn't say give me $500 bucks worth right away cause then you're screwed until you pay it off :p, best of luck to you selling NC Cash though.

#5 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for this Cody! Great job! :)

#6 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

Pretty cool idea, great job.

#7 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for this Cody! Great job! :)

What the hell is that hippo and that future ho doing in your siggy?

#8 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

No, I like to keep a collection of my own. I can guarantee you mine is bigger ;)

Oh... so you started a new collection? What happened to the 'old' one?
Anyway, this is great, thank you! Even if I am not going to ever spend any real money on Neopets, I am hoping this makes people trade NC for NP on here more often. Lol.

#9 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

What the hell is that hippo and that future ho doing in your siggy?

They be dancing my friend. Dancing.

#10 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Your card is max $500 per month right? So hopefully someone doesn't say give me $500 bucks worth right away cause then you're screwed until you pay it off :p, best of luck to you selling NC Cash though.

Paying it off is easy. I would have to buy exactly 500$ worth, go to the bank and pay it off, then buy another 500$... Just a lot more trips involved :p

Oh... so you started a new collection? What happened to the 'old' one?
Anyway, this is great, thank you! Even if I am not going to ever spend any real money on Neopets, I am hoping this makes people trade NC for NP on here more often. Lol.

That didn't imply i gave up my old collection xD I still have all the old cards :3

#11 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Paying it off is easy. I would have to buy exactly 500$ worth, go to the bank and pay it off, then buy another 500$... Just a lot more trips involved :p

That didn't imply i gave up my old collection xD I still have all the old cards :3

You could just do online pay :p, use the money the people send you to pay it off.

#12 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

They be dancing my friend. Dancing.

Honey Boo Boo CHIIILLLLDDDDD

#13 MEGAKICK

MEGAKICK
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

This should come in handy ;) Thanks for this!

#14 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

You could just do online pay :p, use the money the people send you to pay it off.

You gotta give me more credit :p The money people send me goes into hydros bank account, not mine. So for me to get reimbursed i will have to tell hydro to send me money.

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

You gotta give me more credit :p The money people send me goes into hydros bank account, not mine. So for me to get reimbursed i will have to tell hydro to send me money.

That's just because we're using the store. Depending on the rate of people buying neocash, we can do the reimbursements more frequently :p.

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

So for me to get reimbursed i will have to tell hydro to send me money.

You mean 'ask nicely' rather than tell, right? :p

#17 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yeah xD Id actually love to see someone give me 500$ to spend, because when i go to the store each card i buy has to be activated by the Nickelodeon server... and they are on dial-up... so it takes 5-10 seconds to process each card... 500$ / 25$ is 20 cards, which would take at least a minute to print the receipt xD Would make for some awkward conversation "So, your buying 500$ worth of game cards....."

#18 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

That's if they even have 20 in stock :p. Where I work gift cards usually come in packs of 10 and most of the time we usually only get 1 pack of the ones that really don't sell. I can't see Neocash cards being a big seller.

#19 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

They have hundreds

#20 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

"So you're buying $500 for... neopets?"

#21 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Posted Image

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

I once went to a store and bunched 250 dollars worth of nc cards :p.

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

I once went to a store and bunched 250 dollars worth of nc cards :p.

Well... at least you've never been accused of making smart decisions.

#24 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

They have hundreds

Probably because they over ordered and went, "Well fuck, we're stuck with these, this shit isn't going to sell."

#25 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've made a small change to the pricing setup. The total amount we will sell the Neocash cards for remains the same, but the charges have been split up into the cost of the actual card plus the 15% handling fee that we are charging for going to the store for you and picking up a card. This should be more clear when purchasing the neocash cards as to what you are paying for, rather than seeing something worth $25 go for $28 :p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users