• 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

So I saw there wasn't a topic like this...so I decided to start one c:

Everyone needs help once in a while,
And some have daily struggles,
So if you don't have anyone to turn to or don't feel like telling anyone,

Come here and post your problems :D
At least one person on Codex will have the answers to your dilemma :p

Love/ relationship/ friends/ family/ jobs/ anything!
Anyone can give advice to anyone :rolleyes:

Post away! :D

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I need fashion advice.

I have muscly dancer's thighs. It's so bad that if I wear skinny jeans, it looks like I'm just fat. When I wear any shorts that doesn't cover my knees, my freakishly muscly thighs looks like they're exploding out of the shorts. That's why I wear mostly wear cargo shorts and jeans that are sizes 34/36 instead of my real size of 30/32. What types of pant/shorts would fit me the best? I don't really care about the style or color.

#3 LeiLani

LeiLani
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

I need fashion advice.

I have muscly dancer's thighs. It's so bad that if I wear skinny jeans, it looks like I'm just fat. When I wear any shorts that doesn't cover my knees, my freakishly muscly thighs looks like they're exploding out of the shorts. That's why I wear mostly wear cargo shorts and jeans that are sizes 34/36 instead of my real size of 30/32. What types of pant/shorts would fit me the best? I don't really care about the style or color.

I know how you feel!
Even though I'm not a dancer, I have really big thighs that make me look disproportionate & I can never find the right pants to wear.
A classic is always:
Spoiler

or
Spoiler

or

Spoiler

here's another:
Spoiler

and another:
Spoiler

EMBRACE DEM THIGHS.

I will add more suggestions as I find them :D

Edited by LeiLani, 07 August 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#4 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Posted Image

#5 LeiLani

LeiLani
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

#6 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

I have a similar problem with huge legs (both thighs and calves). If you want to go the Skinny Jeans route you could try for Levis 514s which don't taper as much as 511s. Docker's Alpha Khakis might fit you well well although people link them to having the same sort of fit as the 511s (511s don't fit me, but Alpha Khakis do fwiw).

Hate drop crotch if you want, but the 1969 Drop Crotch by Gap are by far the most comfortable pants I have ever worn.

Flat front shorts by AE aren't bad.

Embrace them muscley legs. A lot of guys would kill for them.

#7 LeiLani

LeiLani
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I have a similar problem with huge legs (both thighs and calves). If you want to go the Skinny Jeans route you could try for Levis 514s which don't taper as much as 511s. Docker's Alpha Khakis might fit you well well although people link them to having the same sort of fit as the 511s (511s don't fit me, but Alpha Khakis do fwiw).

Hate drop crotch if you want, but the 1969 Drop Crotch by Gap are by far the most comfortable pants I have ever worn.

Flat front shorts by AE aren't bad.

Embrace them muscley legs. A lot of guys would kill for them.

^^^^ this.

#8 Annalily

Annalily
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Okay guys, here's a good question:
How the heck do my earphones keep getting tangled even when wrapped up nicely and how do I untangle them?
Posted Image

#9 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

How the heck do my earphones keep getting tangled even when wrapped up nicely and how do I untangle them?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I dunno how or why or anything, but you can prevent it by doing macrame around them.

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the pants advice =D

Posted Image

I do not know how to exactly help you but I have a case for my mp3/phone that has a clip on it and I just slip the coil aroind the device under that clip. Without the clip. I just coil around my device and put the ear buds in the loop formed by the plug into the device and the coil, but ti still slips into a mess around 40% of the time.

If they do get tangled, I start untangling from the plug end first. then everything should be easy from that point on.

#12 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

0.o iphone ear piece.
this is what i do. it might still get tangle but only little.

you just fold your ear piece into half while keeping one half slightly longer than the other.
so it should look something like this:
______
l_______

just keep folding into half till you get the length you want.

Edited by wtfints, 07 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#13 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Once you wrap them up neatly you could use a binder clip or hair clip like so
Spoiler

Or you could use this method
Spoiler

Apparently even using a chapstick cap works

#14 LeiLani

LeiLani
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Posted Image

Since everyone answered how to keep them untangled besides slowpoke, I'll tell you how to untangle them. :D
What I do:
Take one earpiece and follow where it goes, untangling it in the process.
Then do the same with the other.

:D

Edited by LeiLani, 07 August 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#15 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Buy some beats by dre, they come with tangleproof wires.. worth the $200 just for that

#16 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

Excuse me. No one is allowed to use Futurama GIF's except me.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Buy some beats by dre, they come with tangleproof wires.. worth the $200 just for that

Just as a little tidbit...

Spoiler

#18 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just as a little tidbit...

Spoiler

I have my Logitech headset. Paid $15 for it, sounds perfect to me.

#19 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

How do I focus on school and homework than comics, Video games and art?

#20 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

How do I focus on school and homework than comics, Video games and art?

Self Control. I used to be a video game freak, I seriously would come home from school drop my school bag on my bed and just start up my ps2 (this was when I was in high school). I would seriously do all my homework the next day in study hall (I had it 2nd period). Once I got into college I said screw this and literally cut my video game play from like 8 hours a day to like... 2 hours, now I barely even play video games, I get bored of them way too quickly for some reason.

Edited by Futurama, 08 August 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#21 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

When you slide your ipod out of your pocket with the earbuds wrapped around it, the earbuds have the tendency to slide right off the ipod which ends up in them getting miserably tangled.

I wrap my earbuds around my ipod vertically as opposed to horizontally so they won't slide off and become unraveled when I take them out of my pocket.

#22 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Is school even worth it? I want to be an artist and don't feel like school is of much help. And most of the students at school are stupid and ignorant.

#23 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

Is school even worth it? I want to be an artist and don't feel like school is of much help. And most of the students at school are stupid and ignorant.

If you want to work a warehouse job (even though they pay nice), fast food job, or crap like that in the future no. You can go to school for art too and you'll find getting a job is easier with a degree in art if that's what you want. A lot of people that say school sucks are the ones that show up late to every class, are the pranksters of the school, and just don't flat out care (at least in my experience).

#24 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Go to an art college, you can pretty much get into any of them with nothing but a portfolio without much hassle :3 Schools which aren't aimed at arts tend to have really shit art facilities and oh my god it's all just so horrible, and you go nowhere... D:
Be careful if you're going to use art as your main source of income though, always, always have something as a backup. Or make sure you marry someone who can help you out financially heheh. Mom used to make a living off her art/murals/etc, but then... they just stopped selling, and no one wanted her to work for them. And now we hardly make enough money each month for rent, and it's been like this for 3/4ths of my life :V It's been so stressful for both of us...

If you want to work a warehouse job (even though they pay nice), fast food job, or crap like that in the future no. You can go to school for art too and you'll find getting a job is easier with a degree in art if that's what you want. A lot of people that say school sucks are the ones that show up late to every class, are the pranksters of the school, and just don't flat out care (at least in my experience).

I'm not a prankster and I don't think I've ever shown up late for class on purpose, but... schools could DEFINITELY be improved on :V Especially what's taught at schools and the teachers, and how they handle situations the student(s) are dealing with. I mean, if a student is having some sort of problem and that's affecting their schoolwork, or is getting bullied to the point of honestly committing suicide, I think you should actually get off your ass and do something about that rather than say "okay we'll look into it", then nothing happens. Almost all schools nowadays have these "no bullying" policies and truly believe no problems like that happen in their school :/
Plus, a lot of the things they teach you aren't... really going to help you get on with your life and be successful, unless you're going to have a career in that certain subject. Take maths for example, I like that subject but am I really going to need to know how to work out pythagoras theorem in my head if I'm going to be a translator? It's just to get an overall higher score and get higher up in the rankings and whatnot, to brag about how smart their students are for knowing useless bullshit they're never going to use. Here's a thing that's used frequently outside of school: cooking. How often is that even taught in school? It's fun, it's going to help you live, and it's not useless. Sex ed could be worked on as well, heh. Obviously not every school is the same (montessori schools are awesome <3), but in general a lot of things need a bit of tweaking.
Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, I'm tired and I go on huge rants when I'm tired haahahah

Edited by Turnip, 08 August 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#25 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I get A's in almost all subjects but I think school sucks. I already go to art school (3d) after school but I dislike school. Especially stupid subjects like Geography or history. I don't mind going to art school because thats what I like, but school and homework feel like a burden.

I mean that if I concentrate on school, I can't concentrate (much) on art. And Vice Versa.

Edited by grapes, 08 August 2012 - 01:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users