Great Idea for a New Program!

randoms

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 laidback4sho

laidback4sho
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Hey I have a great idea for a new program if someone could make it. It's a piece of software which browses all the shops and games in order to obtain randoms. It would have a 3-4 (or more) second delay between urls and it would browse the Neopets site even while you were asleep. I got this idea yesterday after I got this random saying that a faerie just dropped a Robot Petpet Paint Brush (~300k) on me. How cool would it be to wake up and find decent loot like that in your inventory? Great idea or no?

I guess you could call it an autobrowser or something...

#2 Tocsin

Tocsin
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

I don't know mate. I think it's a bit futile considering Ambrosia's page refreshes barely pick up anything over tens of thousands of refreshes. By itself it's barely worth it unless you're piggybacking on a more rewarding program like a Pyramid autoplayer.

#3 laidback4sho

laidback4sho
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

hmm...good point.

i'm wondering though if it's not the number of refreshes, but instead, the number of places you refresh at which determine the likelihood of a random...

for instance, refreshing 1,000 times at the same shop yields you no randoms whereas visiting 1,000 different Neopets urls (i.e. shops, games, etc.) in a row would. see what i'm getting at?

#4 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

The "refresher" thing was done and done often back in the day. Just doesn't work as well anymore.

#5 Croc

Croc
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, I remember refreshers being popular, but I think the success would be pretty minimal now. If only it were that easy, really. :p

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

didn't someone suggest this like.... last week too?

I doubt that it will happen.

#7 pyelon

pyelon
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I like the idea personally - i've also found that I dont have many SHH! moments while using the programs, but when browsing normally I tend to find one once in awhile. It could just be luck I guess but... :/ I'd probably try it out of the launcher had one in it.

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Refreshers. Are. Crap.

#9 Eggy

Eggy
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 1783 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

^^ This. Plus you can make a refresher yourself! Just put a brick on the F5 key, and there are tons of refresher extensions and greasemonkey scripts.

#10 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

You don't get as many codestones and paint brushes nowadays. Besides you're better off making a profit through ABing.

#11 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Am I the only one that sighed at his name? Children these days...

#12 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Am I the only one that sighed at his name? Children these days...

You must not be laid back enough bro

#13 liquidnails

liquidnails
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Aside from the fact that the chances of getting anything would still be VERY slim, this can be very easily red flagged by TNT. It is not normal for a user to be just browsing/refreshing around Neopets 24/7. They even state that as a criteria for account freezing in in their rules.

From experience, it is not the days which I am on a lot that I always get the random event. I'm pretty sure that the odds are the same weather you are on 2 hours a day or 20...

Edited by liquidnails, 20 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users