Quantcast

Photo

Consumerism is the highest stage of civilization (so far).

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Eh, I'm not dumb though and I'm aware that media piracy is something that exists and cannot be controlled or stopped, so I would prepare for that and have a plan if the movie fails. Not sure what, but if I was in that industry obviously I'd have ideas etc since I would know a little bit more with what I'm dealing with :p Also, aren't direct to dvd/vhs usually bundled with other things which tend to sell well? So if those don't sell then I guess you're just plain out of luck.

Or maybe they're not buying it because it's shit lol

So now you can't only be a director? You need to have another job? People can't devote themselves to be directors for a living because people like you refuse to pay for their work... so they have to be "not dumb" and find something else? Why would anyone be a director if people aren't willing to pay him for his years of hard work and studying? Is that what you want? A world where no one has an incentive to be an artist because people like you want to steal the fruit of his labour?

You misspelled "royalties".

:lol2: That's not what she copies. It's mainly in the aesthetic/fashion field.

#77 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

So now you can't only be a director? You need to have another job?

When did I say second job? I obviously meant something film-related as the back up plan..... :V
Gosh it would be nice if there was a feature that let you post in threads without bumping it!

Also, what if someone wants to be a director, not because of the pay, but because it's something they enjoy doing? It's great getting paid for something you do, but you just might not get any money out of it in the first place, whether it's from piracy or no piracy and there just aren't any sales etc etc.
But that's fine, because it's something you enjoy doing. The main goal shouldn't be money, it should be enjoyment and happiness.

Thus taking us to your other thread :p

Edited by Turnip, 16 August 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#78 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

When did I say second job? I obviously meant something film-related as the back up plan..... :V
Gosh it would be nice if there was a feature that let you post in threads without bumping it!

Also, what if someone wants to be a director, not because of the pay, but because it's something they enjoy doing? It's great getting paid for something you do, but you just might not get any money out of it in the first place, whether it's from piracy or no piracy and there just aren't any sales etc etc.
But that's fine, because it's something you enjoy doing. The main goal shouldn't be money, it should be enjoyment and happiness.

Thus taking us to your other thread :p

Being a good director costs money. Making a good film cost money. That money has to be paid, somehow, and not everyone is going to spend a billion dollars on a film because they just "luv directin n wanna share deir gift with humanity". If you want every film to be filmed with a cellphone camera, fine. I like having good movies. I know they exist because people are willing to pay for them.

#79 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Being a good director costs money. Making a good film cost money. That money has to be paid, somehow, and not everyone is going to spend a billion dollars on a film because they just "luv directin n wanna share deir gift with humanity". If you want every film to be filmed with a cellphone camera, fine. I like having good movies. I know they exist because people are willing to pay for them.

So you're saying you can't make a good film if it was made with pretty much 0 currency and with a smartphone camera?
I.... see :p
Also if you're good at something it comes from your heart, not your wallet.

Those big films which cost billions typically go in theatres and that's usually how they make a nice amount their money, correct? And then dvd profits just add to that. You can't.. really steal those theatre things, it would be pretty noticeable taking the film and projector and screen out of the building :p

#80 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

So you're saying you can't make a good film if it was made with pretty much 0 currency and with a smartphone camera?
I.... see :p
Also if you're good at something it comes from your heart, not your wallet.

Those big films which cost billions typically go in theatres and that's usually how they make a nice amount their money, correct? And then dvd profits just add to that. You can't.. really steal those theatre things, it would be pretty noticeable taking the film and projector and screen out of the building :p

Dude... why do DVD's get released? Who'd release DVD's if people didn't pay for them? Why would they even exist? Furthermore, can't people download digital copies and just reproduce them at a theater? What if theaters do that? Certainly, they wouldn't be stealing. They'd just be sharing a copy. What would be wrong with that? IT IZNT STEALIN ZING.

Theaters are just sharing so the directors shouldn't see any of that money! Obviously directors shouldn't see any money from havin their work distributed BCUZ DISTRIBUTING THINGS IS JUST SHARING IF THEY ARE NOT PHYSICAL GOODS!!!

Jesus fucking Christ, what part of WORK do you not understand? It doesn't fucking matter. A movie's CONTENT is someone's work. Someone worked on that and if that person doesn't want YOU to enjoy his work for free then you have no right to enjoy it for free. NO ONE HAS TO WORK FOR YOU, regardless of whether they have made money or not. What, do you think a doctor should treat his patients for free because he makes money at conferences?

#81 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I wonder if this is what its like to argue with me.

Sorry for everything guys :(

#82 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Dude... why do DVD's get released? Who'd release DVD's if people didn't pay for them? Why would they even exist?

Y'know for some people it isn't about the money but more the message. It's the same for songs, a lot of artists release their shit for free because they enjoy making the music and getting their message across.
"Nobody pay til the day they get sold on ya, nobody pay everybody download on ya, cause when it's good everybody wanna grow on ya, but when it's hood keep it on the down low on ya, cause when it's real everybody got they nose in ya, and i'm just happy i can vibe out and flow wit ya"

#83 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Y'know for some people it isn't about the money but more the message. It's the same for songs, a lot of artists release their shit for free because they enjoy making the music and getting their message across.
"Nobody pay til the day they get sold on ya, nobody pay everybody download on ya, cause when it's good everybody wanna grow on ya, but when it's hood keep it on the down low on ya, cause when it's real everybody got they nose in ya, and i'm just happy i can vibe out and flow wit ya"

Exactly. A lot of artists release their shit for free and there is nothing wrong with that.

Does that mean that every artist has to release his shit for free? No.

You kind of missed my point completely but I'm not even gonna try anymore ahahah.

Kami, I think it's time for you to go and smoke a joint and relax a bit! It might help, not sure because I haven't actually done that kind of thing before but this certainly seems like the appropriate time to do that!

You're the one that misses the point thinking you can only steal physical things. For fuck's sake. Whenever you take someone's property without his consent, you're stealing. A song is its author's property.

#84 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I wonder if this is what its like to argue with me.

Sorry for everything guys :(

Posted Image

Is this a breakthrough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users