• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

If you have purchased Neocash from the Neocodex store before, you'll know that it takes a while before we can get you your code. We have to physically go to the store and purchase a Neocash card for you before we can send you the code that you paid for. It's useful for people who don't have a store that sells Neocash to be able to purchase it online, but we can do better than making our members wait for days.

Starting from now, when you purchase Neocash from Neocodex, you will receive a PM immediately after your purchase is complete with your Neocash code. The code will be active and ready to use. You won't have to wait at all in order to use your Neocash. This system is live and affects all Neocash orders from this point on.

Note: Please keep in mind that I've written the automatic delivery system for Neocash in just over an evening -- there might be some bugs that we need to iron out. The first few people who purchase Neocash will be our guinea pigs :ninja:. I've tested the system a few times and am confident that it works, but there's always a chance that something could go wrong. If something does go wrong, the system will notify the administrators and they will work to make sure you get the Neocash that you paid for or a full refund of your payment, whichever one you prefer :).

Let me know what you guys think of the new system :D.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

As far as we know, there's no other place where you can instantly purchase NC, so this should work out pretty nicely. :p

#3 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Sounds awesome! How does it work though...surely Neopets wouldn't agree to you directly purchasing codes from them...? :p

Edited by Nalah, 18 August 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Sounds awesome! How does it work though...surely Neopets wouldn't agree to you directly purchasing codes from them...? :p

We just pre-purchased some NC cards, and resell them for a little bit more to cover the cost of actually going and getting the cards from the store, time, etc. :p

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

Sounds awesome! How does it work though...surely Neopets wouldn't agree to directly purchasing codes...? :p

Instead of buying the card for you after you purchase the product on our site, we bought a bunch beforehand. Our system knows which codes are available to be used and will send you one from about 10 we have in our inventory at the moment when you purchase from our store :p.

As our inventory goes low, we'll restock :p.

#6 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Ahhh, makes perfect sense! Hence the "x in stock" on the buying page! Tehe good idea, and thanks for explaining!

For me the cost works out about the same though, because I normally pay $10 for an 850nc card, so I'll buy from here instead :D Saves the looks I get from people at the shops when I buy $50 worth of NC too...xD

#7 Bleachd

Bleachd
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

Got my code instant. Great! xx

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Got my code instant. Great! xx

I'm glad you like it :D I'm glad it works :D.

There is just something different to having codes delivered instantly ;). Who likes to wait for anything when you can have it now? :p

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

This is great. I used to use LGcards for their instantaneous service of providing card codes, but now I won't have to (IF I ever go back to buying NC). Good work guys.

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

This is great. I used to use LGcards for their instantaneous service of providing card codes, but now I won't have to (IF I ever go back to buying NC). Good work guys.

Do you know how popular these LGCards people are? Where do they advertise? How do they find customers?

#11 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

I just had a look at LGCards, and it looks like pretty much the same idea. However, it sounds like a lot of people complain about insufficient stock. Hopefully we do not run into these problems. :p

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Lately they've been having troubles getting ahold of stock. I think thats been an issue for a few months now. It seems like Viacom had stopped stocking the cards in certain stores and that's where he used to get his stock from.

They also used to have a system set up for referrals too, where you got a small discount depending on how many people you referred to the site under your referral link.

Do you know how popular these LGCards people are? Where do they advertise? How do they find customers?

They have a large customer base as far as I know. Very popular as they've been the only ones doing that sort of service on a large scale until now :p

Most of the time they just advertised by word of mouth and also via their Facebook page. I found out about them by doing a google search for NC card codes when I got sick of waiting for the physical cards off eBay (was the only way I could buy them at the time).

#13 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Interesting. This sounds like a niche that we could possibly explore further. Our system is pretty robust. :p

If Hydro can't get stock, Kway or Pyro probably can, so stock should hopefully not be an issue. :p

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Oh and from memory, he was going to look into getting in contact with Viacom direct to see if they could organise a direct buy deal through them. Not sure how that went though (sounds like its a no go at the moment as he is still having stock issues).

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Oh and from memory, he was going to look into getting in contact with Viacom direct to see if they could organise a direct buy deal through them. Not sure how that went though (sounds like its a no go at the moment as he is still having stock issues).

Any suggestions on how we can get the word out better that we offer this service now?

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

I'll have a think about it and get back to ya via PM mate ;)

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

I'll have a think about it and get back to ya via PM mate ;)

Sounds good :). Thanks!

#18 Trixie

Trixie
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this user!

• 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Bought a $10 card. Got the code instantly. Great system! ;D

#19 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Very cool feature. :)

Edited by HappyAccident, 23 August 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

We're going to be supporting the $15 neocash card soon too :p. I just have to go to the store and pick up some cards :p.

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Just seeing this now! VERY exciting news :)

#22 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Just seeing this now! VERY exciting news :)

We have a problem with getting people to know about our products... if someone is good with marketing, could you please contact me? :p

#23 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

We're going to be supporting the $15 neocash card soon too :p. I just have to go to the store and pick up some cards :p.

with your own cashs? WOW! :o

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

with your own cashs? WOW! :o

Who else's 'cashs' would he use? O_o

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards