Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

The War on Pubic Hair

#2 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

People should do whatever makes them feel comftorable. If they don't like having hair on their bodies they have everyright to get rid of it. You should't be told what to do with your body. Man or Woman.

#3 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

I don't shave mine because I am a man and girls love me regardless but ladies plz you know I like that pussy
Spoiler

---

On a more serious note, women do have to meet some ridiculous beauty standards and while I understand that it comes with a set of social privileges, I don't think they're worth it. Matter of fact, I don't think most women even exploit the net benefits of being attractive. It does seem like a waste of energy and resources that women should largely abandon in order to create a more lax beauty standard. With that said, it will seem like an uphill battle to some of the women not willing to put up with the stigma of being ugly.

#4 MEGAKICK

MEGAKICK
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Meh, being in a long term monogamous relationship, I don't have any worry about STI's. I don't have an issue with pubic hair, but I absolutely hate ass hair.

#5 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

People should do whatever makes them feel comftorable. If they don't like having hair on their bodies they have everyright to get rid of it. You should't be told what to do with your body. Man or Woman.

Do you honestly think that people feel comfortable removing their hair all of the goddamn time? They want to remove their hair for a reason, and it's to meet a culturally bound standard of beauty. Of course someone is telling them what to do- everyone is. I agree that they choose to do it, and I agree that they're doing it for a reason, but let's not pretend that their actions are context free. The removal of pubic hair is a culturally enforced beauty convention.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

The removal of pubic hair is a culturally enforced beauty convention.

Not necessarily, some people do it before they prefer it that way.

#7 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

When I'm in a sexual relationship I'll remove the hair around my vulva just because I know from experience that getting hair in your teeth is not the business. Or I'll just cut it really short. But it is definitely a pain in the ass because I have sensitive skin and ingrown hairs are pretty painful. But I do think that this pubic hair business has gotten extreme. Lasers? Hot wax? On my privates? Fuck all that. Plus a lot of girls are being pressured to get rid of their pubic hair as soon as it turns up; well that's how it was in my middle school which I found ridiculous. I could barely get through shaving my legs without battle wounds shaving my cooch was just too scary for me to think about. And I also have a problem with people thinking you're nasty and will have a negative reaction toward you when they find out you have pubic hair. It's hair, not the plague. It beauty industry is very powerful the only thing I really. worry about is that its starting to affect younger crowds.

Edited by Mishelle, 19 August 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#8 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

I've read that some parents are taking their kids to get waxed at age 6-7 to stop the growth of hair before it even starts. Anyway, I choose to shave because I just feel insecure about it, can't help it. :< It definitely sucks but since I'm in an LDR and I only see my boyfriend once a month or two I don't have to do it that often. I want to try waxing but I've heard horror stories about it so I'm a bit scared.

#9 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

I thought you were talking about a neopets war. Strangely, most neopets do not have pubic hair, or external genitals.

Fuzzi is FANTASTIC, FYI

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

I've read that some parents are taking their kids to get waxed at age 6-7 to stop the growth of hair before it even starts. Anyway, I choose to shave because I just feel insecure about it, can't help it. :< It definitely sucks but since I'm in an LDR and I only see my boyfriend once a month or two I don't have to do it that often. I want to try waxing but I've heard horror stories about it so I'm a bit scared.

This is ridiculous. It pisses me off that people take their kindergarteners to get their eyebrows waxed, let alone the vag.

As for waxing, I can't even handle my legs waxed. I haven't bother trying the other.

#11 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Exactly. They're probably the same parents that give their kids fake tans and put them in beauty pageants (Toddlers in Tiaras >_>)

I'm lucky that my legs are just naturally hairless for some reason. Idk I feel like it would suck more to shave/wax your legs because there's just so much surface area. O_o

#12 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm lucky that my legs are just naturally hairless for some reason. Idk I feel like it would suck more to shave/wax your legs because there's just so much surface area. O_o

Yeah, I'm blonde and have minimal hair. I shave them when they start bothering me, but I go a long time without doing anything.

#13 PuzzleWarrior

PuzzleWarrior
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

With my hair it start to itch and it gets really uncomfortable so I use Nair to remove it, I mean it the choice is all yours I just personally believe that you need to keep your hair under control, hair is at it best when its clean and trim.

Edited by PuzzleWarrior, 19 August 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#14 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

With my hair it start to itch and it gets really uncomfortable so I use Nair to remove it

How is Nair? I want to try it because I heard it doesn't leave stubble but my skin is pretty sensitive.

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

How is Nair? I want to try it because I heard it doesn't leave stubble but my skin is pretty sensitive.

It smells disgusting, makes your bathroom smell disgusting, and makes your skin smell disgusting.

Works well though, if you use it right.

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

I tried Nair and it burned my skin.

#17 PuzzleWarrior

PuzzleWarrior
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

The Nair sensitive spray works really well and it doesn't have disgusting smell to it. I'm so happy I found it because the Nair I was using before smell really bad.

I tried Nair and it burned my skin.

Yah that happen to me, the sensitive hair removal sprays for me they work so much better and don't smell aweful. A anther brand that works well is Sally Hansen I use that more than the Nair one.

#18 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

I keep mine groomed because I want to, not because anyone else wants me to.
It's very uncomfortable to have hair downstairs for me, personally. I don't want extra "cushioning".

#19 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

The Nair sensitive spray works really well and it doesn't have disgusting smell to it. I'm so happy I found it because the Nair I was using before smell really bad.

Yah that happen to me, the sensitive hair removal sprays for me they work so much better and don't smell aweful. A anther brand that works well is Sally Hansen I use that more than the Nair one.

Can you use it for down there or is it only for like legs/underarms?

#20 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't know why people make such a big deal about what their pubic hair looks like or whether they have any or not.

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

I like Sally Hansen too.

Can you use it for down there or is it only for like legs/underarms?

I use it everywhere, but I'm also one of those people that dyes my eyebrows with my hair. Use at your own discretion.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

I don't know why people make such a big deal about what their pubic hair looks like or whether they have any or not.

I don't know how it's escaped your attention that people are stupid.

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

The beauty business is a billion dollar industry for a reason.

I like Sally Hansen too.

I use it everywhere, but I'm also one of those people that dyes my eyebrows with my hair. Use at your own discretion.

My friend actually was able to buy a kit to dye her pubic hair. She dyed them purple, I thought it was pretty cool.

Edited by Mishelle, 19 August 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#24 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Fuzzi is FANTASTIC, FYI

They convinced you that to be a woman, you have to remove your natural beauty and look like a pre-adolescent child, and that is supposed to be sexy. *YUK*

Now, your willing to catch diseases because "they" say too. Shitfire, when you are loved, it does not matter if you're a soft and fuzzy blonde or a full mini wig raven, you are the object of love, you are the person that is sharing their heart. Don't mutilate yourself because of "them".

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I find it deeply disturbing when people use cutesy words for adult concepts.

Fuzzi? Jesus fucking Christ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users