#76 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Aw yes, my 1000th post is full of kitty cat gifs B) Totally alright with this!
And now to go to sleepies <3

#77 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image
Aw yes, my 1000th post is full of kitty cat gifs B) Totally alright with this!
And now to go to sleepies <3

IT'S SO FREAKING ADORABLE! MUST GET PET KITTY!

Congrats btw xD

#78 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'll be honest, when I am home all day alone I am like
Posted Image

#79 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

What a stupid discussion. Feminist is about the equal treatment, equal right, and equal opportunity between the sexes. I have known a couple of men that have taken off years to take care of young children, that did not make them into whipped emasculated eunuchs any more than a woman that takes care of the fire that burns forever, the children.

My beloved took off a year to train horses and herself, semi-pro show jumping, that did not change her belief that weshouldsharethe work around the house.

Second wave feminism is about equal opportunity. Third wave feminism is about cultural institutions and how to change them. A man and a woman may have the same opportunity to become doctors, but a woman is prone to cultural pressures and expectations that will (likely) divert her off that path. Which is why I say a housewife can't be a contemporary feminist- a feminist today is a woman that defies the cultural expectations women are subjected to.

#80 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Second wave feminism is about equal opportunity. Third wave feminism is about cultural institutions and how to change them. A man and a woman may have the same opportunity to become doctors, but a woman is prone to cultural pressures and expectations that will (likely) divert her off that path. Which is why I say a housewife can't be a contemporary feminist- a feminist today is a woman that defies the cultural expectations women are subjected to.

Posted Image

#81 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

As a housewife (homemaker, really, but whatever), I have a lot that I would like to say about this subject.

I love you.

Does anyone ever feel like their bra really holds them back from being in a good mood or having fun? If I wear an uncomfortable bra I am just in the worst mood, especially if the underwires itch at the sides of my boobs. I've discovered a love for Victoria's Secret lately and now I can't wear ANY OTHER BRAS comfortably. I'm spoiled for life!

I know, right? That's definitely the worst part of being pregnant. I have to wear cheap-ass bras because I'm not paying that much money for ones I'll only wear for a year or two. And the cheap ones squeak. I feel like I'm fucking a mouse with every step.

OT: Posted Image

#82 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'm about to go play DDO in which I am our party's primary healer. I guess that's me accepting my feminine role in society as the caretaker, huh. I always gravitate toward divine spellcasters for some reason, but lately I've made a rogue/barbarian on DDO, and my most recent PNP character in the last couple of weeks is a ranger so as you can see I'm trying to branch out. Fuck the glass ceiling!

#83 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sarah don't snort. It's not a very housewifey thing to do!

*Shakes finger*

#84 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Well, you are a wife n'est pas? Who does the cooking & cleaning? lol

#85 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thank you Nymh and Napiform, you made me laugh so hard I snorted... Now darling husband us making fun of me x3

I was going to have a panic attack and start screaming I'VE BEEN DOING MY WHOLE LIFE WRONG!!!111 but then I realized that was a little too stereotypically feminine for this thread.

#86 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

#87 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

I...have the strangest boner right now.

#88 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

But what is she SAYING

Hurry someone who either knows already or can read lips

#89 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Abolitionist slaveowners existed.
/thread

TJ!

Actually, yeah.

+1

Bad analogy confirmed.

I'm about to go play DDO in which I am our party's primary healer. I guess that's me accepting my feminine role in society as the caretaker, huh. I always gravitate toward divine spellcasters for some reason, but lately I've made a rogue/barbarian on DDO, and my most recent PNP character in the last couple of weeks is a ranger so as you can see I'm trying to branch out. Fuck the glass ceiling!

How did I not know that DDO was free. I feel retarded. Going to register now. brb.

#90 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

TJ!
+1

Bad analogy confirmed.
How did I not know that DDO was free. I feel retarded. Going to register now. brb.

OMG

Sarlona is the server. gogogo

#91 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just to confirm, username is not the same as character name, correct?

I feel like that should be a given. But if not I'd like to know before I send this registration thru.

#92 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Just to confirm, username is not the same as character name, correct?

I feel like that should be a given. But if not I'd like to know before I send this registration thru.

Correct. That's just what you'll log onto the game with. You'll make a separate character name. Like Codex! :p

#93 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Correct. That's just what you'll log onto the game with. You'll make a separate character name. Like Codex! :p

Weeeell now we didn't always have display names here. Mine is the same as my username. Has been since Brad changed it to Castratedlion when I angered him. Kinda sorta not really angry that display name histories got wiped with the forum upgrade.

#94 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

This was fun while it lasted. Bye bye feminism!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users