Quantcast

Photo

Forum suggestion: Get rid of the lackluster mod Waser Lave.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#1 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

2.1 - Any form of SPAM (Small Pointless Annoying Messages) are not allowed. You agree not to post messages that lack substance, or messages that are there for the sole purpose of disrupting the board.

It came to my attention that debate threads on serious topics were getting bombarded by spam. Messages that lacked substance and were irrelevant to the topics at hand. Mainly, people insisted on discussing me on various serious debate threads.

In order to prevent this and generally reduce the amount of spam in the forums (something that should be welcome), I made a thread where people would be able to discuss me, instead of bringing their uncontrollable urge to talk about me elsewhere. This, to my understanding, has been done for numerous members of the site. There are threads where people can freely talk about certain members and they have been made for the same exact reason for which I made mine: To reduce the amount of personal comments being brought up in unrelated discussions. Yet mine was deleted on the grounds of nothing at all. I both made the thread and made a 'forum help' thread inquiring why my thread got deleted. I got no justification for it, only my thread closed by the same mod on the grounds of "grow up".

As a man, I personally brought it up to him before making this and, when I did, this is how it went:

"I read your TOS. Nothing I have said can be proven to be intentionally disruptive, and everything I said in my Khalil thread is true. People insist on discussing me on unrelated topics. I made a thread in order to reduce the spam in the debate forum since (whether you like it or not) a bunch of people here feel the need to talk about me. You closed it and gave a justification that did not apply at all, ending it in "grow up". I consider the former one of two things: Either idiocy, as you are too inept to understand and process your own rules, or abuse of power. Both makes you a rather poor judge.

Take it as feedback: You suck at your job.

Khaligula♕

Waser Lave

naming monkey

• Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • 16,931 posts

Sent 2 minutes ago
You mistake me for somebody who gives a shit about your opinion.

Edited by kami12, 21 August 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Well said.

Btw, I'm a Programmer not a mod just in case you want to edit your thread title for accuracy.

#3 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

I like this Waser Lave guy. We should make him a moderator.

#4 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

I also noted nymph's lack of moderating skills early on so let's not pretend this is a surprise. :rolleyes:

#5 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

I am sorry to hear about this and sorry that you feel this way about one of our members. Instead of making a whole topic just click the report button at the lower left corner of the post.

Edited by Dorkie, 21 August 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#6 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

I am sorry to hear about this and sorry that you feel this way about one of our members. Instead of making a whole topic just click the report button at the lower left corner of the post.

It's an important forum suggestion.

#7 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Can we just ban this wanker already and do everyone a favor?

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

In my opinion you are a massive egotistical douchebag and you shouldn't be surprised that people react to how shitty you treat everyone that responds to your threads. You bring it on yourself. It isn't my job or anyone else's to micromanage your threads to protect your mock-sensitivity to this behavior.

#9 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Well said.

Btw, I'm a Programmer not a mod just in case you want to edit your thread title for accuracy.

I'll leave it like that. There's obviously something intrinsically flawed in giving programmers the ability to regulate content. A programmer does not necessarily make a good judge.

#10 tri

tri

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

It's an important forum suggestion.

You can talk the the Mods and Admins about this.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

Well said.

I like this Waser Lave guy. We should make him a moderator.

#12 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Waser called me a faggot once. BURN HIM!

#13 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

In my opinion you are a massive egotistical douchebag and you shouldn't be surprised that people react to how shitty you treat everyone that responds to your threads. You bring it on yourself. It isn't my job or anyone else's to micromanage your threads to protect your mock-sensitivity to this behavior.

I don't care about how people react to my threads. Quite frankly, you can insult me all you like. This to me is a non-issue.

However, this is a forum with a TOS. A TOS is a constitution. The law enforcing organ within a forum (mods) should procure that people follow the dictates of said constitution and nothing more. Your job is to do something when people break the rules. Unless "being an asshole" is against your TOS, this is nothing but an abuse of power and shitty moderating. A cop isn't allowed to throw someone in jail because he doesn't like that person.

Of course, technically speaking, this is a private site and you're in your right to do whatever you want. If you guys want to have a forum where the law is the whim of the people that moderate it, that's your cross to carry. :rolleyes:

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

I'll leave it like that. There's obviously something intrinsically flawed in giving programmers the ability to regulate content. A programmer does not necessarily make a good judge.

Not necessarily, but after several years of service to this forum Waser has proven to be a good judge, which is why he was given that and other privileges that programmers would not normally have. Being so new to this forum, you obviously wouldn't know the hierarchy very well or understand how things work around here. This could be why you think that we are the ones with the problem, when it seems glaringly obvious to everyone except you that the problem instead lies with you.

#15 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Well, he wasn't wrong.

#16 tri

tri

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

Posted Image

Just take this and leave.

Edited by Dorkie, 21 August 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

Of course, technically speaking, this is a private site and you're in your right to do whatever you want. If you guys want to have a forum where the law is the whim of the people that moderate it, that's your cross to carry. :rolleyes:

You are exactly right with this statement. The rules are a guideline, and we are given the freedom to interpret them as we see fit for circumstances that arise. We are given that trust in being long-standing, productive and respected members of the forum. So calling people out for being "lackluster" when you've not been around to see the history of our forum behavior or really any moderating that doesn't involve you is completely irrelevant.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

I don't recall ever calling anybody a faggot but if I did then I stand by it. :p You big flaming meatball.

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

"Hi I am Kami12 and I do not spam"

Posted Image

#20 tri

tri

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

"Hi I am Kami12 and I do not spam"

Posted Image

As soon as I logged in I was like O god what a surprise.

Edited by Dorkie, 21 August 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#21 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Not necessarily, but after several years of service to this forum Waser has proven to be a good judge, which is why he was given that and other privileges that programmers would not normally have. Being so new to this forum, you obviously wouldn't know the hierarchy very well or understand how things work around here. This could be why you think that we are the ones with the problem, when it seems glaringly obvious to everyone except you that the problem instead lies with you.

Oh, lord, the "u don kno how things work around here" talk. Of course I know how things work around here. You have a TOS that you disregard. You turn a blind eye on the spam of your friends and delete the threads of those you dislike (despite of NO rules being broken).

Of course I know how shit works around here. It doesn't take a genius to see the power dynamics of a small forum with emotionally and socially involved moderators feigning the role of fair judges.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I don't recall ever calling anybody a faggot but if I did then I stand by it. :p You big flaming meatball.

You and your lackluster memory.

#23 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

You are exactly right with this statement. The rules are a guideline, and we are given the freedom to interpret them as we see fit for circumstances that arise. We are given that trust in being long-standing, productive and respected members of the forum. So calling people out for being "lackluster" when you've not been around to see the history of our forum behavior or really any moderating that doesn't involve you is completely irrelevant.

Lackluster in the traditional sense of the mod being an enforcer of the TOS. That, to me, is the ideal mod. If a mod to you is someone that does whatever the hell they want- that's another discussion. My bad for believing that this forum enforced its own rules, and not the whims of its, uh, "long-standing" mods.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Moderators moderate, enforcers enforce. The clue is in the name.

#25 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Oh, lord, the "u don kno how things work around here" talk. Of course I know how things work around here. You have a TOS that you disregard. You turn a blind eye on the spam of your friends and delete the threads of those you dislike (despite of NO rules being broken).

Of course I know how shit works around here. It doesn't take a genius to see the power dynamics of a small forum with emotionally and socially involved moderators feigning the role of fair judges.

If you think we're so horrible at our jobs, perhaps you should lodge a formal complaint with our bosses. Here I'll link you directly to their profiles so that you can do so with the utmost expediency:

Pyro699
ShadowLink64

Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected], which will also be available to the entire administration team to discuss among themselves. I am sure that the leaders of this forum would shudder to think that they have promoted such biased, incompetent immature people to make these obviously very important decisions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users