Quantcast

Photo

Forum suggestion: Get rid of the lackluster mod Waser Lave.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#51 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

And if he had simply closed the thread before this discussion had happened, would you feel the same? You don't seem to take kindly to us simply executing our moderating tasks. I am assuming this comes from a flawed understanding and/or complete ignorance of our actual rules.

I went over the rules. That's the only rule I've broken. Once you can prove what other rules I've transgressed, bring that argument up. There was no justification for closing my threads.

#52 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

The rules say that the rules are actually guidelines and because the rules are rules I'm going to have to leave this thread open.

But if the rules are rules doesn't that mean that it should be closed and a 10% warn issued to kami12? I have counted three public complaints about my moderating abilities so far, and this thread is riddled with his negative opinion of you.

I went over the rules. That's the only rule I've broken. Once you can prove what other rules I've transgressed, bring that argument up. There was no justification for closing my threads.

brb gonna read all 312 of your posts

#53 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

But if the rules are rules doesn't that mean that it should be closed and a 10% warn issued to kami12? I have counted three public complaints about my moderating abilities so far, and this thread is riddled with his negative opinion of you.

The rules are guidelines! The rules clearly state that is the case so it must be so.

#54 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

The rules are guidelines! The rules clearly state that is the case so it must be so.

Oh I'm sorry, because I'm so incompetent I didn't realize that the rules being rules meant that the caveat that the rules being guidelines made them guidelines, and not rules. I'm such a lackluster moderator. :oops:

#55 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Oh I'm sorry, because I'm so incompetent I didn't realize that the rules being rules meant that the caveat that the rules being guidelines made them guidelines, and not rules. I'm such a lackluster moderator. :oops:

We need to promote somebody to a King of the Mods position to show us the way. But who could do that job effectively? :/

#56 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

We need to promote somebody to a King of the Mods position to show us the way. But who could do that job effectively? :/

I've already made my suggestion in the staff section :p

#57 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

A thread about yourself, because of the impression you've made with the general populace of the community, could only warrant negative or abrasive comments. This could result in what might be perceived as harassment directed to you, so the topics were closed before things could escalate and butthurtiness could spread, poisoning the mirth and goodwill all Codexians carry in their hearts. Perhaps one day, someone somewhere will create a topic where we all go to list things we love about you, but until that day, it's best to just carry on without a thread dedicated to you.

#58 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

http://www.neocodex....neocodex-rules/

This thread actually breaks the rules but as it's such a important topic I felt it was necessary to allow it in order to prevent the forum suffering from some kind of catastrophic future.

Someone please warn/suspend him. He just broke a rule.

#59 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

There was pretty much no way for me not to +rep his post LW. :)

#60 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

There was pretty much no way for me not to +rep his post LW. :)

He's only on -113 now. :p People are clearly jealous of his general amazingness.

#61 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

A thread about yourself, because of the impression you've made with the general populace of the community, could only warrant negative or abrasive comments. This could result in what might be perceived as harassment directed to you, so the topics were closed before things could escalate and butthurtiness could spread, poisoning the mirth and goodwill all Codexians carry in their hearts. Perhaps one day, someone somewhere will create a topic where we all go to list things we love about you, but until that day, it's best to just carry on without a thread dedicated to you.

Harassment towards me occurs regardless in various unrelated threads. Otherwise, I would not have made the board so that people bring their "harassment" to a place where it wouldn't be blatant spam.

#62 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Harassment towards me occurs regardless in various unrelated threads. Otherwise, I would not have made the board so that people bring their "harassment" to a place where it wouldn't be blatant spam.

Say what you will about this guy. I applaud his use of punctuation and capitalization. If you're going to be crazy, look good while doing it, right?

#63 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

A thread where the sole purpose is to harass you cannot be tolerated. Hence the closures.

I'd suggest putting everyone who hates you on your ignored users list and see how quiet and peaceful Neocodex can be.

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

Harassment towards me occurs regardless in various unrelated threads.

Ever considered that there might be a reason why?

#65 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

Maybe if you weren't an egocentric, condescending asshole people would be more inclined to converse with you.
Posted Image

#66 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

A thread where the sole purpose is to harass you cannot be tolerated. Hence the closures.

I'd suggest putting everyone who hates you on your ignored users list and see how quiet and peaceful Neocodex can be.

But plenty of threads derailed with the sole purpose of me being harassed can? Under what breach of logic? A lone thread dedicated to my harassment is a far preferable option to fifty unrelated threads dedicated to my harassment. If anything, adding such weight to harassment and its prevention only exposes a blatant nepotism at the hands of the mods. If it is such a big deal, why has it been ignored?

#67 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted Image

Exquisite beauty.

#68 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Say what you will about this guy. I applaud his use of punctuation and capitalization. If you're going to be crazy, look good while doing it, right?

He didn't always use good punctuation and capitalization, just take a look at some of his early posts (since I'm reading through all of his posts I'll take the opportunity to share):

guys, abrosia takes 20 seconds to buy something in my compy, I just got it today too
wat do i do????
:(

No proxy or anything!

you guys are making me cry!

it's with ambrosia and this and skype running... 95% of the CPU is idle.

y'all ladies need make up /thread lol

online relationship timeline redux:
meet online
enter internet variety romance
get laid by someone else irl
end.

just hit the gym and follow my heart

Whatever happened to the happy little kami12 from three weeks ago? *sigh*

#69 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

Maybe if you weren't an egocentric, condescending asshole people would be more inclined to converse with you.
Posted Image

Don't care. We're discussing legalities here, not talking about me.

Once waser learns to do his job, you might have somewhere to do that.

#70 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

But plenty of threads derailed with the sole purpose of me being harassed can? Under what breach of logic? A lone thread dedicated to my harassment is a far preferable option to fifty unrelated threads dedicated to my harassment. If anything, adding such weight to harassment and its prevention only exposes a blatant nepotism at the hands of the mods. If it is such a big deal, why has it been ignored?

The harassment must have been terrible, you were so upset you couldn't manage to report a single post.

#71 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

If you were competent in keeping your own threads on topic this wouldn't happen; It's a direct result of your lack of ability to have a debate with someone without insulting them, posting irrelevant tripe, or utilizing passive-aggressive smileys to make other people feel small and defeated.

#72 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

Exquisite beauty.

Happiness is only a hairflip away.

#73 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

We're discussing legalities here, not talking about me.

Are you taking me to court? :/

#74 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

The harassment must have been terrible, you were so upset you couldn't manage to report a single post.

Like I said, I don't mind it. It was someone else that suggested that there was such tremendous weight added to it, that a topic had to be closed just to prevent it.

#75 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

Also important to point out that not a single person was offended enough on your behalf to report anything either, which is rare. You are a true gem among the rocks.

Edit: Wait, I'm wrong. Whoops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users