Photo

Femininity sucks.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Femininity is a social construct made within patriarchal society that is both unnatural (women aren't born like that) and socially dysfunctional (it serves us for nothing). Being "feminine" shouldn't be encouraged and women's adherence to the behaviour associated with such a dreadful concept is part of why we have yet to reach gender equality.

Discuss.

#2 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

I dunno about you, but I like feminine women.
I mean, a few threads back you did mentioned not being gay, so you don't like men, just women that look and act as men.

Edited by MaserPhave, 22 August 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#3 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

I dunno about you, but I like feminine women.

Same. :lol2:

Should women be feminine just to appease the sexual demands of men, though? I thought we were beyond the era where a woman's existence was defined by what men like in bed (and in the kitchen).

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

I'll be right back with an answer. Have to ask the man of my life first.

#5 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Same. :lol2:

Should women be feminine just to appease the sexual demands of men, though? I thought we were beyond the era where a woman's existence was defined by what men like in bed (and in the kitchen).

Isn't the very nature of a woman the definition of what the majority of men like in bed (and in the kitchen)? Changing our bodies to try to fit an ideal of femininity (be it ours or our interpretation of someone else's) isn't going to stop women from being women.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Define femininity.

#7 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

DON'T FEED THE TROLL! SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE MESS.

#8 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

DON'T FEED THE TROLL! SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE MESS.

I'm not going to stop posting because someone can't act like grown ups. If I feel someone isn't mature enough to talk, I'll just ignore them.

#9 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Isn't the very nature of a woman the definition of what the majority of men like in bed (and in the kitchen)? Changing our bodies to try to fit an ideal of femininity (be it ours or our interpretation of someone else's) isn't going to stop women from being women.

Not really the nature of woman. It's actually the social construct of a loyal wife.

Define femininity.

Femininity would be defined by passivity, succorance, sensitivity, empathy, naivette, weakness, "being emotional", being "intuitive", submissiveness, compassion, and gentleness.

#10 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Femininity would be defined by passivity, succorance, sensitivity, empathy, naivette, weakness, "being emotional", being "intuitive", submissiveness, compassion, and gentleness.

A lot of today's women aren't really like that (apart from being overly emotional), and I'm not sure about you but I would much rather be around a woman who is like that rather than some loud, cold bitch who thinks she's the best and erm, strong and black and don't need no man :p

(Well, maybe not a lot, but the ones who are really make an effort to themselves known~)

Edited by Turnip, 22 August 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#11 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Are you saying that none of these traits could be naturally possessed by anyone, man or woman?

#12 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm pretty sure men (yes even straight ones) can be feminine as well.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

I don't know any women (or men) who would have most of those traits so I agree your definition of femininity is unnatural and does suck.

</thread>

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Posted Image

Femininity is a social construct made within patriarchal society that is both unnatural (women aren't born like that) and socially dysfunctional (it serves us for nothing).

Can you prove that it's a social construct? Can you prove it's unnatural? Can you prove women aren't born like that?

Being "feminine" shouldn't be encouraged and women's adherence to the behaviour associated with such a dreadful concept is part of why we have yet to reach gender equality.

Why shouldn't they be? Can you explain this? Also, please explain why it is a dreadful concept.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Wow being in one of these topics before it's locked!

I like feminine women. They make me laugh. I don't like associating with masculine ones aka lesbians

:canada:

#16 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Will you be the one doing us the honor?

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

I like feminine women. They make me laugh. I don't like associating with masculine ones aka lesbians

What about lipstick lesbians?

#18 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Are you saying that none of these traits could be naturally possessed by anyone, man or woman?

These traits could be natural to some, sure. They will just not be natural to most (very unlikely for a being to be born with such a pathetic set of traits).

Posted Image

Femininity is a social construct made within patriarchal society that is both unnatural (women aren't born like that) and socially dysfunctional (it serves us for nothing).

Can you prove that it's a social construct? Can you prove it's unnatural? Can you prove women aren't born like that?

Being "feminine" shouldn't be encouraged and women's adherence to the behaviour associated with such a dreadful concept is part of why we have yet to reach gender equality.

Why shouldn't they be? Can you explain this? Also, please explain why it is a dreadful concept.

There's plenty of literature on the subject. It's unnatural because A) it varies across cultures. B) It varies across time. C) It varies across species. D) Women are taught this behaviour. E) There are plenty of instances of an underclass that can't afford the luxury of idle wifedom and women within this underclass tend to behave a lot differently from "feminine" women (i.e. it varies across class).

It's dreadful because it based on patriarchal social institutions that no longer benefit either gender. It's dreadful because the the establishment of these conventions limits women who want to have an active role in society. It's dreadful because women are subjected to it by society from a young age. It's dreadful because I (personally) think it's pathetic to live your life for other people. It's dreadful because there is no merit in living off your body. It's dreadful because it's an affront to freedom and independence. It's dreadful because women have been lead to live inauthentic and miserable lives. Just my personal moral take on it.

#19 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

What about lipstick lesbians?

Somehow I read this as lipstick lesbeans, and then imagined some lesbian beans wearing a load of lipstick and going clubbing

#20 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm pretty sure men (yes even straight ones) can be feminine as well.

I don't know any women (or men) who would have most of those traits so I agree your definition of femininity is unnatural and does suck.

</thread>

:thumbsup: Glad I'm not the only one to find these traits morally repugnant.

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

:thumbsup: Glad I'm not the only one to find these traits morally repugnant.

You find kindness morally repugnant?

#22 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

But sometimes I like feeling girly and wearing dresses.

And heels, which are obviously designed for women, do not support this "gentleness" aspect of being feminine. I could probably hurt people quite a bit, even on accident, in those things.

#23 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

My guess is he doesn't think Fluttershy is best pony.

#24 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Under ideal settings, I think altruism prevents society from reaching a Nash equilibrium. In regards to femininity, their kindness is often a kindness without pride, and that's despicable. A slave that accepts his subjugation out of kindness is reproachable to me.

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Under ideal settings, I think altruism prevents society from reaching a Nash equilibrium.

You don't believe in altruism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users